a voice for men a woman is always to blame boner rage butts creepy cuteness evil sexy ladies I am making a joke imaginary backwards land imaginary oppression kitties men who should not ever be with women ever misogyny MRA sexualization warren farrell whores

Warren Farrell is an Ass, Man

Yep, that's a butt on the cover. He put a butt on the cover. Men are oppressed by women's butts.
Yep, that’s a butt on the cover. He put a butt on the cover. Men are oppressed by women’s butts.

You may remember the embarrassing spectacle a couple of months back when Warren Farrell asked the readers of A Voice for Men to help him pick out a cover picture for a new ebook version of The Myth of Male Power, the 21-year-old crackpot bestseller that more or less provided the, er, intellectual foundation for today’s Men’s Rights movement.

It wasn’t just embarrassing because AVFM is a noxious hate site that regularly calls women c*nts and whores and helps to organize informal campaigns of harassment directed at individual women. It was also embarrassing because all three of the pictures were sexualized images focusing on specific female body parts. You can guess which three, and you’d be right: tits, ass, and vagina (the latter tastefully covered in a merkin made of moss).

Well, Farrell ended up rejecting all of these images in favor of … a different picture of a woman’s butt. Yep, the screenshot above features the actual cover of the recently released ebook version of The Myth of Male Power. (You can see it in its full sized-glory over on Amazon.)

The implicit message of the cover couldn’t be clearer: men may seem to run the world, but women can control and exploit them through the power of their sexuality. Male power is undercut by … butt power.

Am I reading too much into a cover image? Farrell doesn’t really believe this nonsense, does he?

Well, in the introduction to the ebook, Farrell writes:

farrellButt1

In case you’re wondering, “genetic celebrity” is Farrell’s term of art for any attractive woman.

But golly, you say, the fact that a dude feels “powerless” because he can’t have sex with every woman with a nice butt that happens to wander across his field of vision doesn’t actually mean that men are powerless or that male power is a myth. Well, Farrell has an answer to this as well. And by “answer” I mean, well, whatever this is:

farrellbutt2
Got that? I’m not sure there’s anything there to get; it’s nothing more than hand-waving to distract attention from the nonsensical nature of his previous statements. In case any Men’s Rights activist ever brings Warren Farrell up as an example of a respectable, “academic” MRA, you may wish to point out that almost nothing Farrell writes ever actually makes any fucking sense.

In the book itself, Farrell repeatedly suggested that male power can be undone almost completely by the sexual power of women. In one oft-quoted passage, he wrote about the effect that a “secretary’s miniskirt power, cleavage power and flirtation power” allegedly has on their male bosses. (Myth of Male Power, p. 21)

While that statement has earned a certain notoriety for its sheer ridiculousness, Farrell went further elsewhere in the book, essentially arguing that men are as addicted to female “beauty” as drug addicts are to the drug of their choice — and as helpless.

“Sexually, of course, the sexes aren’t equal,” Farrell wrote. “[M]any men feel ‘under the influence the moment they see a beautiful woman.” (p. 320, emphasis in original.)

This sort of temporary “intoxication,” Farrell argued, leads men into shackling themselves to these temporarily sexy tyrants for the rest of their lives — thus agreeing to support them (he suggested implicitly) even after they get old and ugly. (p. 85.)

farrellbeautytrap

In Farrell’s original book, this “argument,” such as it is, was merely one of many that he thought undercut the alleged “myth of male power.” Now, with the butt on the cover, he’s put it front and center. Or, more precisely, rear and center.

Warren Farrell, you’re an ass, man.

Oh, awkward segue here, I just wanted to show off the cover to the new edition of my classic book, The Myth of Human Power.

mythhumanpower

It will soon be available for one million dollars in cash in unmarked bills, upon delivery of which I will sit down and write it for you. It will probably be pretty short and not very convincing.

Bud,
You are not in control of what topic is discussed here, nor have you stayed on topic or even shown that you understand what the topic being discussed is. If you’d like to take your toys and go home, you will not be missed. Feel free to fuck off with our blessing any time.

…and you don’t know what “moving the goalposts” means. I’m trying so hard not to assume you’re either drunk or stupid, but damn you’re making that difficult to do.

kittehserf

leatapp – I’m going for stupid.

leatapp

That settles it then. Drunk and stupid it is.

cassandrakitty

Hi, budmin! I found this picture of you on the internet, thought you might want it back.
comment image

weirwoodtreehugger

I’m being oppressed by Alexander Skarsgaard right now. You see, I find him attractive and want to have sex with him, but he is not sexing me right now. That means women should be able to get together and oppress men, right?

kittehserf

LOL katz!

I’d be tossing the bag out pronto to see the pretty kitty.

kittehserf

WWTH – that makes perfect sense. Swap “Alexander Skarsgard” for “Mr K” and that’s just my situation.

weirwoodtreehugger

cassandrakitty, I think he looks more like thiscomment image&imgrefurl=http://collider.com/andre-ovredal-interview-troll-hunter/&h=230&w=219&tbnid=NpeqhVBNN-v6tM:&tbnh=186&tbnw=177&zoom=1&usg=__aQJ9Hz2rwpShFHiH6_10aANqDdk%3D&docid=Nu69nvYpGQRlXM&itg=1&sa=X&ei=uA8cU9aQCsaayQGhsIDYDw&sqi=2&ved=0CJABEPwdMAs

cloudiah

So my takeaway from this thread is that there’s some kind of miniature budgie pooping all over the place.

I might be a little bit drunk.

leatapp

“To say that women don’t profit from sexual capital is a lie and you know it.”

Wrong. “Sexual capital” is complete and utter bullshit. The only person making a fool of themselves here is you. Not every woman you desire “validates” you by sitting on your boner. Boo-fucking -hoo. You are so far up your own ass that you risk disappearing completely in a puff of self delusion.

Weirwoodtreehugger,
Not you too?!? He’s also not sexing me! We’re so fucking oppressed.

comment image

cloudiah

Or maybe it’s a miniature Budweiser?

cloudiah

Or a budget minotaur?

Auntie Alias
Auntie Alias

@budmin: “If what you said was true then they wouldn’t be using beautiful woman to sell products. Their would be no such things as gold diggers. Sexual capital is real and it can give you the power to make someone do something despite their own intentions.”

You do realize that men have the ability to say ‘no’, right? The big head can override what the little head is saying.

cassandrakitty

After much searching I have finally found the only real photo of budmin on the internet.

cloudiah

budget minesweepers?

Buddhist miniskirts?

Red wine is a good thing.

budmin
budmin

@leatapp when in doubt, bring the conversation to it’s lowest common denominator. Pussy worship.

It’d be sad that you’ve sunk so low if it wasn’t so typical. No on is after your body ms. This is a discussion. GROW Up.

@ cloudiah

Wine is a good thing when you drink it. For some other people, not so much.

(Points up)

cloudiah

No on is after your body ms.

Her body manuscript?

What is an “on?”

Also, I have an adorable gray-striped tabby purring next to me, and I totally worship her. Why is that a bad thing? PUSSY WORSHIP IS AWESOME!

sparky
sparky

Budding administrator? (Which would be one of the worst insults I could think of 🙂 )

budmin: So, are you seriously arguing that men can not control themselves? That anytime they see an attractive woman, they become completely helpless? That they have no agency and no intelligence?

Why do you hate men so much, budmin?

cloudiah

I started with a nice white (Sancerre) at a restaurant, and since then we’ve been drinking red and worshipping cats.

It’s not a bad life at all.

I did none of the driving, which is why I am possibly a bit tipsy.

Budget troll,
comment image

kittehserf

LOL budmin, your entire conversation has been a whine about how men are sooooo oppressed by not getting every woman they lust after. That’s what Farrell’s stupid book is about. It’s also the core of the whole MRM: these guys hate women for being able to say NO in any situation at all.

So take your sad boner go away, we’ve seen your type so often before. Pretending to be all reasonable isn’t working. You’re just another mealy-mouthed misogynist.

cassandrakitty

STOP Drinking, budmin, it doesn’t seem to agree with you.

PS : I worship my pussy every day, because if I don’t she crawls on my head when I’m trying to sleep.

Alice Sanguinaria

WHO is being an idiot this time?

Oh yeah, David! You might enjoy this: Heartiste on why you shouldn’t marry “overeducated women”!

To say that women don’t profit from sexual capital is a lie and you know it.

No on is after your body ms.

I’m just going to leave that there.

Alice, looked at that Heartiste article. Is he always that eugenicist?

Alice Sanguinaria

kittehs – ALL HAIL FLYING CAT.

Alice Sanguinaria

katz – Apparently. I felt dumber after that.

cassandrakitty

My old pussy used to punch Mr C in the face if he didn’t get up early enough, while leaving me to sleep in, which proves that budmin’s theory about women controlling men via their pussies is correct.

budmin
budmin

@Auntie Alias
“You do realize that men have the ability to say ‘no’, right? The big head can override what the little head is saying”.

Well then maybe we as men should do something about the social conditioning we go through that makes us such prime targets for manipulation. #MGTOW

@Fibinachi: I learned 2 things fron those threads.

1) When I rage-blog the English language suffers curly.

2) People here will take everything you say & make it something about getting access to their vaginas. (It’s really quite interesting)

Does anyone else remember that one troll we had who was all “eugenics is a good idea in theory, people were just going about it wrong?”

cloudiah

When I rage-blog the English language suffers curly.

This might be my favorite sentence ever written in the English language.

But, as I’ve mentioned, I’m drunk.

leatapp

No one here mentioned her own vagina, budget troll. Not one of us. At least, not in reference to you. There were some references to Alexander Starsgard and Mr. K not being near our vajayjays. As you are neither of those people, where is it exactly that you thought anyone mentioned you and our vaginas in the same post?

…He used a hashtag in a blog comment.

That calls for a sad trombone.

Alice Sanguinaria

A hashtag… in a blog comment… that wasn’t ironic.

L-O-FUCKING-L.

weirwoodtreehugger

Is that a reference about City Slickers 2: The Legend of Curly’s Gold?

I might be a little drunk too. Yet my spelling and grammar skills are still exceeding our troll friend’s skills.

cassandrakitty

I prefer to make the English language suffer conditioning, personally.

#haircareadvice

contrapangloss

I don’t think I was around for that troll, Katz. I don’t think I can stick around much for this troll, either. I spent a good 12 hours working nonstop on a research project, and have 8 hours before I have to be back at it.

That troll sounds painful though.

This troll is also rather silly, but at least his chronic malapropisms are hilarious! I’m with Cloudiah on this being the best, funny sentence ever. I’m not even drunk and it’s amazing!

When I rage-blog the English language suffers curly.

Anyone with photoshop skills want to make this sentence curly? It needs to be curly.

leatapp

I’m out. I’ve got the sleepies. I can’t believe I managed to outlast the teens. W00t for me!
Have fun batting around the chew toy, Boobers. <3

Cloudiah,
Don't forget to hydrate. 😉

kittehserf

I guess budget troll is so used to thinking it’s All About Him that he assumes everyone else thinks the same way.

I like to think that Worship of the Golden Cat is a bit like what a Manboobz gathering would look like.

Not necessarily in those clothes, mind.

Curly:comment image

sparky
sparky

When I rage-blog the English language suffers curly.

budmin, do us all a favor and stop drinking and step away from the computer.

Ahem. You’ve said:

Men are in search of validation from a commercially attractive women.

You’ve also been talking about women’s “sexual capital.” You’re the one arguing that men are powerless in the face of women’s sexuality.

I can see how one might think it was clever to start talking about women’s vaginas so that when women respond you can go “jeez, it’s not all about your vagina,” but only if you’re not very bright.

weirwoodtreehugger

Katz, the alternate version of the sad trombone

cloudiah

I’m taking an analgesic, drinking a glass of water, and turning in — before I get all curly.

sparky
sparky

At least troll spelled “vaginas’ right.

1 4 5 6 7 8 10