kitties off topic open thread

Open Thread for Personal Stuff: September edition

Hugs if you want them.
Hugs if you want them.

This is a continuation from here.  A thread to discuss personal issues and provide support for one another. No trolls, no arguments.

kittehserf

Ooh, yes!

SittieKitty

yay!

SittieKitty

i will link people back! assuming i figure out how to do that ;^.^

kittehserf

Go to your dashboard, there should be a “links” um, link, where you can add sites for your blogroll. 🙂

At least they’re 32 nice people. I’ve got a few more followers but the only people who ever comment on my blog are total wankers. Sometimes I think I’ve been doused in troll attractant.

Alice Sanguinaria

katz – For some reason everyone who comments on my stuff are either from here or they’re people who agree with me. Maybe I should be happy that no trolls has seen my blog yet?

kittehserf – Also, adding on, there’s also a “links” widget, so if you want to put things into different categories, then you can just put in the links to the category you want, then set the link widget for “I want x category, which shall be my widget name!”.

Alice: I see you attracted genderneutrallanguage, though :/ Banned-troll runoff is a special form of torture.

Alice Sanguinaria

katz – Oh yeah, that. Said person hasn’t really bothered me too much though.

mildlymagnificent
mildlymagnificent

Getting to personal, personal stuff. Our Pearl is no longer with us. She had another seizure and was very weak and staggery. But was quite keen on food and drinking her water so I thought she might recover as she had from the first one. Then as she got stronger – she had trouble walking straight. Twelve hours later and she was constantly walking in circles. Poor little thing couldn’t even sit down to give herself a rest a lot of the time.

Took her to the vet knowing that this was really it, but secretly hoping that something might fix it. It turns out that even if you could fix the underlying cause for seizures in a cat – like a brain tumour or a fever or toxins from kidney or diabetic disease – any disastrous consequences tend to stay disastrous.

So she’s now buried in her garden.

I’m so sorry to hear about your sweet fur-baby.

SittieKitty

I’m so sorry to hear that mildlymagnificent 🙁 hugs if you want them

cloudiah

mildlymagnificent, so very sorry to hear about dear Pearl. Jedi hugs.

Alice Sanguinaria

🙁 I’m sorry to hear that. *offers hugs and cookie butter*

kittehserf

Hugs, mildlymagnificent, I am so sorry Pearl has left you. 🙁

Argenti Aertheri

Aww, I’m sorry about Pearl. I offer hugs and *whisper* you can rummage my Halloween candy *whisper*

toujoursgai

@ mildlymagnificent – I’m so sorry. 🙁

I have to apologize – I haven’t read the entire thread, but again I have some personal/therapy related stuff to vent about, and no one in real life to talk to right now. Please feel free to ignore this post.

The good news: Today I met with a new counselor at the local GLBT center. She seems really awesome. I told her I have avoidant personality disorder; she told me she has it too. I’ve never seen a therapist who has the same diagnosis as me; it makes me feel really happy and hopeful.

The not-great news: I have a long history of substance abuse, and could use some help quitting (again). My new therapist told me the center has an outpatient program for that exact issue – but apparently they require you to have 5 days sober before you can join. I need help quitting, but I need to quit on my own before I can get help?

I mean, I know I can do it. I’ve done it before, after all. It’s just going to suck a little. Sorry, I’m just whining.

To contribute something to the thread, here’s a baby elephant throwing a tantrum:

Thanks for letting me whine!

kittehserf

That’s not whining, toujoursgai.

Yay for your new therapist, and ??? about five days sober before you can get into the program. I guess I can see their reasoning – to show someone’s serious – but it’s not like serious about getting sober = being able to do anything about it alone, even for a few days.

Love the elephant pic – and the comments! Wouldn’t a True Facts About Baby Elephant Tantrums vid be the best?

toujoursgai

@ kittehserf – Thanks for the kind words!

I think the reason for the 5 days rule is that they’re not equipped to deal with anyone in physical withdrawal – they’re a small center and they can’t afford an in-patient program. Thankfully I don’t have to worry about bad physical symptoms. It’s just frustrating.

I haven’t seen any of the True Facts videos. Time to look them up!

mildlymagnificent
mildlymagnificent

Thanks all.

We’re pretty OK really. I think the earlier seizure, which scared the living daylights out of us, had set us on this path. Just as much for us as for her. So we were already prompted – if not readied.

I think it will just get a bit lonely after a few days of not being yelled at – for food when we get up or after hearing someone crash through the cat flap.

neuroticbeagle

@mildlymagnificent
comment image

So sorry.

Ally S

I’m sorry to hear about your loss, mildlymagnificent. :<

hellkell
hellkell

I’m sorry about Pearl, mildlymagnificent.

SittieKitty

Finding all these recipes, holy crap! I don’t think I’m going to have to worry about figuring out food for a very long time… You are all quite prolific recipe givers.

serrana
serrana

mildlymagnificent, I’m so sorry to hear about pearl.

Myoo
Myoo

Sorry about your cat, mildlymagnificent.

1 10 11 12