all about the menz antifeminism are these guys 12 years old? drama kings entitled babies evil women I'm totally being sarcastic men who should not ever be with women ever MGTOW misogyny no girls allowed playing the victim

The Last of Us: Has evil feminism ruined the zombie apocalypse?

lastof
A girl … in my video game?

So it’s true: Feminists have started ruining video games with all their feminism. At least according to some dude called pullupjumper on MGTOWforums who recently wrote a post warning his fellow red pill dudebros about a little game called The Last of Us, which is not only filled with zombies but, get this, girls.

For anyone who plays video games as one of their hobbies, The Last of Us is a pretty fun game…. but…. The feminist messages were close to ruining a game I waited a year for… The game’s setting is in a zombie apocalyptic world and the basic story (no spoilers) is that this guy has to take a 14 year old girl across the country during the zombie apocalypse. Almost as soon as the story started, I knew pretty much every female character in the game (except for the main protagonists daughter) would be portrayed as a”bad ass” character. The message was clear, women are as strong as men… Even when they are only 14.

Also, there were some adult ladies in positions of authority!

During the game , the two main characters meet different survivor groups. Every group leader was a woman. The only group leader who was a man, was a bad guy. The main protagonist even said yes ma’am, no ma’am to these women.

CAN YOU IMAGINE.

Now before you all go, but isn’t this sort of complaining a little hypocritical, given that all these video game dudes got mad when that chick Anita Sarkeesian who isn’t even a real gamer because of boobies made those videos she totally stole all that money for because IT’S ONLY A GAME, LADY JEEZ DON’T RUIN EVERYTHING WITH YOUR STUPID GENDER ANALYSIS.

Well, no, it’s not totally hypocritical because, get this, the girls in The Last of Us are portrayed as being unnaturally strong and capable.

What was pretty funny though is that the 14 year old girl is able to fire a rifle THAT IS BIGGER THAN HER and fire it accurately.

This is a clear affront to the extreme naturalism and realism of a game about a ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE.

And clearly never before in video game history has any male character been portrayed as unnaturally strong or capable.

Yeah, this dude and his gun are totally realistic in every way.
Yeah, this dude and his gun are totally plausible.

Oh but it gets worse:

On the other hand, (not funny) another boy who was about the 14 year old girls age, was portrayed as weak, could not fight, could not shoot a gun and was just made to seem very weak. The Fems cant even leave their “girl power” out of the games.

A male character who is helpless and in need of rescue?

OH NO!

SAVE ME PRINCESS PEACH!

Happily, pullupjumper has an idea for a way to confront this creeping feminism:

Maybe, if any of you are interested, a couple of us can get together and start making our own games after these games become unbearable. What do you guys think?

Grimlock is right there with him:

I’m currently going to school for media arts and animation and am considering starting a small indy animation/film studio with a couple of guys from class. I also happen to be getting pretty good at 3d modeling … and even though i want to start with animation and film video games are my end game.

I don’t think I’d ever put an obvious message into a game, since I find pushing your belief onto others through mediums like videogames more than a little cunty, but will my games be misogynist? You better fucking believe it. Misogyny The likes of which will make duke nukem blush. I won’t need to tell you guys when I break into the industry, you’ll know it from the sheer uproar it’ll cause.

Misogyny … in video games? Now there’s a novel idea!

Oh, by the way, for new and/or extremely literal readers, I would like to point out that this post contains

sarcasm

Kittehserf

Probably both, of course. It’s not like there aren’t easier ways to get attention than by being a laughable little turd.

Well, easier for most people, of course.

Shiraz
Shiraz

I guess you’re right about this, kitteh.

“Sometimes I wonder if Pell is as incredibly stupid as he seems, or just sooooo desperate for attention he’ll make up the most wildly ridiculous examples of misogyny he can, to get a reaction.”

But if he’s going to pretend to be a dumbass, isn’t it only fair that I get to treat him like one? 😉

Kittehserf

Oh, absolutely! 😀

Argenti Aertheri

*the attention he thinks he deserves

And yes.

Kittehserf

Heh – unless Pell thinks he deserves the sort of attention he gets here, he’s never gonna get it. Respect, admiration, whatever? Nope, nope, nope. Derision aplenty, but that’s all.

I just wonder how much of the stuff he says about himself he expects us to actually believe. The immediate assumption is none because it’s all so obviously false, but instead of the expected “ha ha i troll u” response when called on it, he seems genuinely upset that we don’t believe him.

Kittehserf

Yeah, that’s what has me wondering if he’s genuinely that stupid. If he’s not, if he knows we know it’s all rubbish, then he’s as weirdly dedicated to getting sand kicked in his face as Mr 90%.

GO AND PAY A DOMME YOU CHEAPSKATES

Kittehserf

… unless of course all the dommes in their areas have banned them already for being too boring.

Now that would be amusing.

Argenti Aertheri

Not boring, boorish. A boring client is still a paying client, and tolerable. I mean, obviously YMMV, but I don’t see being boring as enough cause to reject good money. Boorish, abusive, oh hell yes, but boring?

Dvärghundspossen

@Hrovitnir: I have four dogs: German Shepherd, Tibetan spaniel, miniature pinscher and Italian greyhound. Here are pics of them in our yard: http://dpossen.blogspot.se/2013/07/sommarbilder.html and here are pics of them by the sea: http://dpossen.blogspot.se/2012/07/badhundarna.html
You can click on the pics to enlarge them. Some of the sea pics look like they’re just nature, but if you click on them the whole pic shows up and you can see there are dogs in those too.

Do you have any dogs?

Kittehserf

Argenti – a combination, perhaps: boorish and boring. Booring. 🙂

Kittehserf

PS given the chance I’d have rejected a few customers from various shops/ offices I’ve worked in for being intolerably boring. They outnumber the boorish ones, who’d also get the banhammer.

CassandraSays

I now want to snuggle Dvarg’s Tibetan spaniel. That is all.

pecunium

Friend of mine’s hubby is playing The Last of Us. The big complaint? The horses are done wrong (gaits are screwed up, and the saddles are deformed).

LBT
LBT

I personally get the sense that Pell is very young. Like, thirteen. He hasn’t figured out how to lie convincingly, is frustrated at his failures to convince us, and keeps coming back to try and figure out a new way. I don’t think he believes much of what he says either; he’s like a baby troll, trying to learn how to troll more effectively.

Considering his success, I doubt it’ll occur any time soon.

But he never learns. Sure, when I was 11 or so, I had a case or two of “lie my head off for no reason, don’t understand why nobody believes me.” But I observed that nobody believed me and drew the conclusion that, if you make shit up that you know nothing about, nobody will believe you and it will be awkward and embarrassing.

LBT
LBT

RE: katz

Well, yeah, but you probably also weren’t a troll-in-training. Pell seems to honestly desire true trollhood or something, thus his tenacity. Also, ain’t nowhere I said the boy was SMART.

CassandraSays

I’m with LBT on this one. I’d be very surprised if he was over 15.

LBT
LBT

I’m kind of bemused by people like Pell. I mean, I believed all sorts of asshole shit when I was a teenager (I was a pro-life rape survivor, for one thing), but I generally managed not to SPEW it all on other people. But then you’ve got people like Pell, who seem to constantly, incompetently try to upset people. What the hell?

CassandraSays

That’s the one troubling thing about him. OK, so he’s incapable of hurting anyone now, but someday he will be an adult, and I see no signs so far that he might turn into a decent human being at a later date. If anything he seems to get ragier over time.

LBT
LBT

RE: CassandraSays

*spreads hands* Well, I somehow got over MY anti-choice bullshit, and working on the racism. Maybe one day Pell will start gaining some self-awareness. Somehow, I doubt that that is something we Boobzers can really influence.

CassandraSays

You didn’t spew your bullshit all over other people though. It’s the combination of the urge to do that and the refusal to go away when told to that’s a bad sign.

Fibinachi

Somehow, I doubt that that is something we Boobzers can really influence.

No. One day, we will write a pithy limerick scathing enough to cause self awareness. We just need to think up a proper rhyme for orange.

CassandraSays

I do wonder if the families of people like that can influence them. Is that always possible, or are some people just born to be assholes?

Of course there’s always the possibility that his parents are screeching assholes too.

LBT
LBT

RE: CassandraSays

I admit, that’s my default assumption.

And ugh. This is just reminding me of my big stupid Southern days, back when I honestly thought that the Confederate flag was unrelated to slavery. *shudder* I really, really get the urge to punch my younger self then. WHAT THE HELL.

If I could remove my head from my ass then, I have hope for Pell too.

Dvärghundspossen

I now want to snuggle Dvarg’s Tibetan spaniel. That is all.

🙂

Dvärghundspossen

Although, Cassandra, he probably wouldn’t let you. If someone thinks he’s cute and wants to pet him, he’ll just stare at zir like he thinks zie’s an idiot. He only snuggles Mum and Dad. 🙂

Argenti Aertheri

News to no one: I hold pretty much 180 political views as my parents (my mother and I can agree on the environmental stuff). So yes, looking at one’s younger self and wanting to scream is totally possible…but I’m with LBT, I doubt his parents are much better.

RyeOfTheDead

“It’s like, man, I don’t even want there to be a zombie apocalypse if there’s still gonna be chicks being all up in my business.”

Rui Arruda
Rui Arruda

Yes, there was a blatant feminist message on this game. Spoilers ahead.

The ruler of the organization portrayed in the game, the Fireflies, was a woman.

Tess, Joel’s companion in the beggining of the game, commanded him in every way, and he even said things like “ok, boss” many times.

The 14 year old girl, Ellie, was the strongest character of them all. Oh, and also the salvation for humanity.

The 13 year old boy, Sam, who appears in the game is really the biggest whimp you can find.

In the game you meet the protagonist’s brother and his wife. What a surprise: he explicitly says she is the boss around there and the game displays instances of her bossing around not only her husband but a whole troop of men.

There is an attempt of rape in the game, which is portrayed as the worst thing to ever exist in a world where people have their insides consumed by parasites and start eating each other. Then the almost-victim stays silent for a while afterwards, showing how traumatizing the experience can be. The protagonist asks her what’s wrong, and she just says “sorry”. Finally something against our rape culture.

The main male villain of the game is a pedophile cannibal. There’s Bill, a totally despicable supporting character who was abandoned by his ally for being too obnoxious. There is the protagonist’s brother, who is decent. The little boy’s father abandons Joel and Ellie to die in order to save himself and his son. Later, he kills his infected son and then kills himself.

The main (and only) female villain of the game is just a villain because she chooses to decide that Ellie will be sacrificed in order to save humanity, not without struggling with her own morale. In her last scene, she tries to talk with Joel over Ellie putting her gun on the ground, but Joel kills her anyway. There’s Tess, a strong, stoic, leading woman who sacrifices herself in order to save Ellie and thus, the world. A martyr. Ellie herself is portrayed as willing to sacrifice herself for a vaccine to save the world. Another martyr.

The game ends with a cowardly lie from the selfish male to the girl, that prevents the world from being saved. I had a tear to my eye on that moment, as it basically represents what men do to the world by means of manipulating women.

That’s what I can remember from the top of my head. Did it ruin the game? Is it evil? That type of paranoia is more akin to feminists. The game continued to be awesome. However, was it pathetically blatant. Oh, boy. I mean, girl. Let’s just say I really recommend the game for feminists.

Or do I? Did all that actually stop feminists’ complaints? Sigh. Just Google it and find out…

Imagine every character’s gender was the opposite. Oh, girl, there would be no funny ironic feminist blog posts about it, that I can assure!

Argenti Aertheri

Guys, am I just too tired and too sore, or did that make no sense at all?

mildlymagnificent

You at least know something about games. An old stick in the mud like me?

feminist …. word salad ….. feminist …. more words apparently meant to be sentences.

No idea.

CassandraSays

Oh, that was meant to make sense? Read like classic trolling for lulz to me.

(I am trying to give people the benefit of the doubt, and thus I am forced to assume that nobody could actually be as dumb as dudebro appears to be.)

Viscaria
Viscaria

Wait… Are you telling me that in this game, there is a woman… in command of a group including men?! Truly, feminism has gone too far! Too far!

Marie
Marie

@viscaria

We feminists sure are dastardly! ::cackles evilly::

cloudiah

A game where some women are good and some are bad and some are actually leaders?

MISANDRY!! I mean clearly if you re-gendered that you’d see how anti-men it is.

Viscaria
Viscaria

I can get down with this “women’s lib” business, but only if men retain all real or fictional positions of authority.

Rui Arruda
Rui Arruda

I described all of the game’s characters. There is no bias there. I didn’t choose some characters that confirm what I’m saying. It is THAT blatant. In the game, all leaders are women, all of the women are admirable. All men are despicable. It just couldn’t be more evident than that. There are some aggravants like the unnecessary, literal repetition by the characters of how the women are the bosses and not the men. It adds nothing to the story apart from sending a feminist message.

You guys should be happy that there is a game sending active feminist messages to gamers.

The absolute weakness and “no, you are dumb, ok?” nature of the replies show how undisputably blatant the feminist message of the game is.

Since it would be impossible to have replies literally agreeing with me (that would be like having a muslim agreeing that his religion has some incongruent points), I consider those the equivalent of an agreement and that I got my message across. Namely, “yup, the game is blatantly feminist throughout”.

That being said, have fun being ironic! But put some more effort into it, those were not clever enough as to induce the smallest of the chuckles. And I’m a well-humored person!

CassandraSays

“I win because I say so!”

cloudiah

Rui doesn’t appear to have noticed that, well before he showed up, people had said they liked the game.

And he thinks we’re trying to make him laugh, rather than just laughing at him.

CassandraSays

Rui (lol) does not appear to realize that the bitter tears of angry nerdboys are a major part of our diet.

Fibinachi
Fibinachi

Well, you’re incorrect.

It’s not really a blatantly feminist message, and there are several male leaders in the game. Plus, a “blatantly” feminist message would really just be… “Oh hey, woman can order troops around too, because the ability to command squads isn’t intrinsically linked to your dick” or “Different people have different views, but they’re still generally capable, and being X does not make you inherently weak and useless at all times”.

Uuuunleeeesss you’re insinuating that a “feminist” message is actually “Women are superior, men suck”. Then that’d also be wrong, but for different reasons.

So there’s not a lot of stuff to be ironic about, or argue with, or dance around with for fun. Your thesis shots itself in the foot.

I agree with you about the ending though? That was really just dumb. And silly. And odd. Did no one in this dystopic wasteland remember what proper medical practice was? Sigh.

Argenti Aertheri

Shorter Rui Arruda —

Agree with me and I’m right, disagree with me and I’m also right. Thanks for this bit of productive conversation, you can go now.

And remember, kids, Muslims are physically incapable of thinking critically about their religion.

Rising Phoenix
Rising Phoenix

So you get your kicks out of attacking victims of bullying, misandry, or ostracization?

You post on Manboobz. Of course you do. The place where privileged feminists punch downard.

Rui Arruda
Rui Arruda

There’s a difference between disagreeing and calling the person dumb or a troll. Especially when all I did was describe the characters of the game. What a dumb way of trolling, right?

Agree with me, and we agree. Don’t disagree with me but instead say “you dumb!”, and you show I was right, indeed.

There’s no arguing that the game showcases all women in it as superior to all men in the game. Both in a hierachical level and, especially, in the moral level (courageous martyrs x pedophile, cowardly, selfish liars). It didn’t make me angry, I’m not a bigot. I don’t pertain to a movement based on ideas such as a millenial subjugation of one gender by the other one. Now, if the genders in the game were opposite… I know of a movement that would have fuel for another decade of angry militancy lol.

I just laughed at it and thought “well, that was cheesy, wasn’t it?”. And I laughed twice after seeing that feminists still complained about the game lol. Oh boy/girl, aren’t you a funny bunch.

cloudiah

What I’m trying to figure out is if “There’s no arguing that…” should be come the new “And that’s real” or the new “I happen to be well-versed in this subject” or the new “Fact. This is just the way it is.”

I’m also trying to figure out why so many people come here, see the tagline “Misogyny. I mock it” and then can’t believe we engage in mockery here.

Howard Bannister

…so, we’ll do that for 10,000 years, and after that, we’ll try equality, okay?

It’s only fair.

Howard Bannister

It didn’t make me angry, I’m not a bigot.

…there’s something about this logic right here that makes me hesitant to use the word ‘logic.’

Rui Arruda
Rui Arruda

Well, maybe you think corageous martyrs are morally inferior to pedophile, cowardly, selfish liars, and that a boss is hierarchically inferior to her subordinate. Then I admit there would be arguing. Sorry for the misused expression, then. Otherwise, yup, there is no arguing.

I think people may be having trouble to believe that that is actually the real description of how all the characters are lol. Maybe it’s because of the familiarity of such people with the distortion of objective descriptions in a way that fits the person’s agenda. A certain movement’s agenda, to be more specific. I didn’t do that lol. It is REALLY that blatant.

I wasn’t surprised by the mockery, but it was so weak and aimless that it showed I was right. It is proving to be easy and pleasant to mock you guys too. So yeah, I am kinda licking mockery as well.