creepy douchebaggery men who should not ever be with women ever misogyny MRA PUA sexual harassment

Pickup Artistry, Victorian Style

(Click on image for a larger version.)
(Click on image for a larger version.)

I ran across this remarkable painting, titled “The Irritating Gentleman,” on Sheltered and Safe From Sorrow, a blog devoted to Victorian mourning rituals and other creepiness from that period. The gentleman in question seems to be a Victorian era Pickup Artist in action. He’s even peacocking, Mystery style, with that bow tie and stupid hat and even a non-ironic handlebar moustache. Probably the only thing keeping him from wearing aviator goggles is the fact that airplanes haven’t yet been invented.

What makes it all the worse is that the PUA’s target is clearly in mourning. As the blogger behind rawr I’m a tumblr notes:

She’s wearing all black in 1874. Black gloves, hat, cloak, and dress. In public. The whole nine yards. That’s not a fashion choice or a gothic thing. Back then when people wore all black like that, they were in mourning for someone who died. No one did mourning like the Victorians, that shit was an art form to them.

Someone in her family has died—she could even be a young widow. No one’s accompanying her either. With the carpet bag? She’s traveling alone while still in deep mourning. Look at the closeup. She’s got tears in her eyes. She is upset, devastated in a way that one is only when someone has died. And the guy’s still bothering her, like her problems are flippant bullshit and she needs to just smile or pay attention to him because ladies are supposed to be pleasing for men no matter what shit they’re going through. That’s not a look of “what an ass.” That’s a look of devastation that even in her pain, she’s expected to give people like him focus. She’s not mad. She’s hurt. And to add insult to injury? Everyone would be able to tell. It was a clear sign and still is in ways that someone is mourning, to dress in black crepe like that. He would know why she’s wearing all black, and he’s still demanding her attention.

What an insufferable dick.

Yep.

Argenti Aertheri

“The difference between gay men and pedophiles: please learn it.”

And that, please.

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

Wasn’t Abnoy one of those salivating over underage girls just the other day?

Argenti Aertheri

Well, he was complaining about the west, or something like that, being overprotective of minors // the legal concept of majority being overprotective. He never confirmed nor denied whether that included vast age differences (quite deftly side stepped my question, particularly for him)

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

And it came into his drooling over the various manga/anime themes where the robot (?) has a sort of teenage body and infant mind, didn’t it? Can’t remember more specifically what sort it is, I don’t know the names.

I daresay Abnoy’s just another of the “pedophilia is men wanting to fuck boys, eww ick, but men wanting to fuck girls is natural and manly and True Male Sexuality” vomitbags.

Abnoy
Abnoy

I don’t fuck girls, I make sweet love to them hehehe 🙂 … well, whenever I can pay for it.

Argenti Aertheri

Yeah, that’s totally the appropriate response to questions regarding your interest in minors. Totally and completely.

Someone call the cops.

clairedammit
clairedammit

Someone call Mr. Al’s mom.

Argenti Aertheri

Is anyone else thinking that ABNOY’s being stuck in perma-mod isn’t strong enough, he’s reached/reaching “please just ban him”?

Either way, any attempts I made to defend him, saying “well maybe not”, yeah, not happening anymore.

Yes, child prostitution and a smiley face equals ban his ass.

clairedammit
clairedammit

Abnoy
Abnoy

Wow what a knee-jerk reaction. That’s your Western pedo-panic right there. And when did I ever say “child” or “prostitutes” eh? Not to mention the age of consent in my country is different from yours, so legally speaking, I can say I’ve never done anything illegal in my jurisdiction, oh yeah.

cloudiah

Oh fuck right the hell off, Abnoy — if you think it’s funny to skirt around the edges of pedophilia, let me tell you that ethical humans see right through that. You want to be able to fuck underage children. We’re not having that, and we don’t think it’s funny.

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

You make it obvious you want to rape children. Go fuck yourself with Legos forever.

He’s way past banning time.

Argenti Aertheri

Does he think we’re motherfucking blind (and lacking in assistive technology) rendering us ignorant of his drivel?!

“well, whenever I can pay for it.” = prositute. And FFS, many of us would be fine with that if you didn’t repeatedly skirt the issue of pedophilia.

He’s like the worst parts of NWO and Tom Martin got together and had a really, massively, stupid love child. I want Diogenes back, he was less infuriating.

Argenti Aertheri

prostitute*

I’m too angry for auto correct.

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

Time to drop a line to Dave?

Argenti Aertheri

I’m going to wait and hope he sees this, as I feel like seeing the general request for banhammer would have more weight, but go ahead and email him if you want — include a link/reference to this if you do. (Frankly, I’m still too angry to form a good argument about anything that isn’t how wrong ABNOY is, and I’m pretty sure Dave doesn’t want a play by play of it in his inbox)

Argenti Aertheri

*swears some more*

“Not to mention the age of consent in my country is different from yours, so legally speaking, I can say I’ve never done anything illegal in my jurisdiction, oh yeah.”

*shudders* Does he have any fucking sense of morals or ethics? Any at all? Oh, right, he has views on the morals of demon sex, and appears to have strong views on the morality of acknowledging the existence of non-binary genders.

But a man of around 30 buying sex with teenagers? “Oh yeah.”

You know what ABNOY? I hope you manage to find, and bed, a succubus, and that when she finds your soul is already gone and she’ll enact suitable punishment on you. You, sir, are contemptible, disgusting, abhorrent, repulsive and entirely immoral. It takes a hell of a lot to make me well and truly angry, but fucking joking about how you’ve had legal sex with teenagers and we’re just prudes? Attacking the very existence of the person I wish could still be a sexual partner, but fucking distance? You are beyond reproach at this point.

And frankly, I wish Pecunium were still on, because he’s far better than I at verbally eviscerating people.

MorkaisChosen
MorkaisChosen

Whether you’ve done anything illegal isn’t really the question Dave needs to be dealing with. Whether you’re a repellent excuse for a human being who’s exhausted all the worthwhile reasons for allowing you to post here is.

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

I want Diogenes back

Please don’t summon him. I’ve run out of relevant Little Shop of Horrors videos!

Abnoy really is a creep, though.

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

Yeah, we don’t need Frothy back. He’s not as repellent as Abnoy (who’s sounding more and more like a sock with this “tsk tsk” stuff) but he’s horrible enough in his own way.

Argenti Aertheri

I apologize for summoning the froth, I was just thinking that boring trumped absolutely repellent, but you’re right, he’s still a complete waste of brain cells.

howardbann1ster

Um, yeah, so it appears that his mention of the Phillipines and ‘nothing illegal in my country, heh heh’ are pretty damned specific.

(which maybe some of you already know from your responses to him, but just to make this EXPLICIT to everybody reading this…)

Yeah, you read the title of the link right.

Yeah. That’s what Abnoy is talking about.

Yeah.

He previously said he was in his mid to late twenties, and was insulted we would think he was a teenager.

Yeah.

MorkaisChosen
MorkaisChosen

Well fuck.

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

Now the feminists are taking away his right to legally fuck 12 year olds too! This is worse than that scene in Evangelion where (insert anecdote here, Mr C and I found that show so boring that we only got through a few episodes).

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

Definitely banhammer time.

LBT
LBT

You know, seeing as Abnoy responded to me being raped with “Oh yes, those gay men are far too out of control” (newsflash, genius, my rapist was a STRAIGHT man) I am all for the bannage. I’m not angry, but that’s only because I still think Abnoy’s a Poe.

That said, I do hope he fucks a saguaro.

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

Even under the current laws, if he’s paying for sex with a child may still be illegal. From the link Howard posted: “It is illegal if it is proven that the sex was for money or gain as a result of coercion by an adult when the child is under 18.”

Regardless, it’s utterly immoral and Abnoy’s pretty much admitted to being a pedophile or wannabe pedophile. Even if he’s trolling for lulz or is a sockpuppet and has never got his grubby little self near any child, he’s overripe for banning.

Argenti Aertheri

Mid-rant earlier my mother asked if dude was serious (she knows our trolls by type, not name) — I said that if he’s a lulz troll, he missed the lulz part. He’s missed the lulz by miles.

So yeah, I don’t give a shit what his deal is, he’s made contemptible look almost nice. Because fuck, best case here is that he’s intentionally trying to piss us off by pretending he’s potentially a pedophile and mocking us for calling this shit pedophilic. Whatever the truth here, he’s just dandy with joking about fucking raping children for money. And that shit about blaming gays for LBT’s rape when LBT’s the gay man and his rapist was straight…etc.

In summary, I don’t give a single fuck what the truth here is, he’s proven his morality is seriously impaired, and I still feel like I’m being too kind, but I don’t have the words for him (iste rei perhaps?)

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

“Scum of the earth” perhaps?

But you said it better than I did.

pillow in hell
pillow in hell

Yeah, I vote him banned too

Had a bad feeling it would end up with the pedo shit as soon as he started on what gets him off.

And its really shitty when you start taking aim at rape victims.

Are we sure this asshole isn’t a sock? Because he sure smells familiar.

hellkell
hellkell

Abnoy is fucking gross. I hope it’s Ban O’Clock soon.

Happy now, Abnoy? You’re a shitstain.

Viscaria
Viscaria

Jeeeeeeesus.

I don’t know if I’ve been back long enough to put in my two cents, but I will anyway: I would really, really like to see Abnoy banned.

Viscaria
Viscaria

Also the stuff he said to LBT, what the fucking fuck.

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

You know he’s very happily reading these comments with one hand down his pants too.

pillow in hell
pillow in hell

Yeah that was the image we all needed.

Captain Jack makes an awesome brain bleach!

clairedammit
clairedammit

Ewwww, Cassandra. If he is, I hope he cut up hot peppers earlier today and forgot to wash his hands. And that the only thing he has handy to try to wipe of the capsaicin is a handful of legos.

clairedammit
clairedammit

^off, I swear I can spell.

cloudiah

So, it’s David’s blog and he calls the shots on the banning, but I’m just saying that I would not miss that little shitstain named Abnoy if he were to be banned.

cloudiah

Oh clairedammit, that is a good curse. I hope I never make you angry at me.

pillow in hell
pillow in hell

The curses on this site, I tell ya! Satans secretaries must be having a field day trying to note them all down!

drst
drst

Ban Abnoyance. When the dude starts bragging about his pedophilia and talking about “the gays” he’s gone from “amusing hairball for us to bat around” to “pile of cat vomit that needs to be disposed of.”

If anyone needs some distraction, I’ve been reading and laughing at this on and off all day:

1 8 9 10