a woman is always to blame all about the menz antifeminism men who should not ever be with women ever misogyny MRA no girls allowed playing the victim

MRA: The National Rifle Association needs to stop talking about video games and fight the real enemy: feminists.

Video Games: Super Serious Man Business
Video Games: Super Serious Man Business

Our old friend over at the Pro-Male/Anti-Feminist Technology blog is angry again. This time he’s mad at a legitimate target: National Rifle Association president Wayne LaPierre. But not because LaPierre is the head of an organization that has stood athwart every attempt at sensible gun control, making tragedies like the one in Newtown an all-too-predictable side effect of the easy availability of semiautomatic weaponry.

No, Mr. Pro-Male/Anti-Feminist Tech is made at LaPierre because he thinks the NRA big gun has turned into a feminist. No, really. Noting that in the wake of the Newtown shootings LaPierre launched a transparently opportunistic attack on violent video games, Mr. PMAFT accuses him of doing the work of the grand feminist conspiracy against men and manhood:

The most important reason why LaPierre is wrong is because what he is doing is feminist.  Video games are an activity predominately enjoyed by men.  So are guns.  Both activities are under attack from feminists (just like other predominately male activities like science fiction are) because men are interested in them and women are mostly not interested in them.  LaPierre is shooting himself in the foot (pun intended) by alienating allies among the video game community and helping out feminists in their war on male activities.

Never mind that nearly half – 47% — of those playing video games these days are girls and women, according to the Entertainment Software Association. (I await the inevitable comment from a troll telling us all that whatever games these women are playing just don’t count because blah and blah.)

What LaPierre should have done is form an alliance with the video game community.  While the Newtown shootings are being used against gun owners right now, the next target will be video games and other mostly male interests and activities.  Both the video game community and the gun community are fighting the same enemy, feminism.  They should be working together to point out facts like how the Newtown shooter was raised by a single mother and how homes where the father is kicked out lead to more violence.

Never mind that the shooter — like virtually all mass shooters — was a dude; a woman is always to blame.

The NRA is in a position of weakness now because they are attacking video games and not the real causes of the Newtown tragedy, single motherhood and feminism.  The NRA is in the same boat as the Republican Party where it needs to become an explicitly anti-feminist and pro-mens rights organization to survive.   (Lots of conservative and right wing organizations are in this situation.)  Guns aren’t the problem here, but neither are video games.  The NRA needs to realize this and realize that its only way forward is by fighting feminism.  Anything else leads the NRA to irrelevance.

So one of the most powerful lobbies in American politics needs to team up with a Men’s Rights “movement” that can’t organize a single event that draws a crowd bigger than 8 people, or else it will fade into irrelevance?

I dearly hope the NRA fades into obscurity, and I am hopeful that public opinion about guns is beginning finally to shift in the right direction, but I’m not sure the NRA needs any pointers from MRAs on political relevance.

cloudiah

Personally, in my extensive experience, females have a hard time handling the pressure cooker of FPS games.

It seems odd that females wouldn’t be able to handle a pressure cooker because KITCHEN, amirite?

LOL, graduate degree in stats. Everyone, I have a graduate degree in nuclear engineering, and I am next in line for the Secretary of Defense position if Hagel’s nomination tanks. (Which means I would have access to Pell’s video game ranking.)

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

Fear not, freitag, you are safe!

I just sang the trollin’ song at work (been filling the guys in on the History of Pell) and the boss said it should be called Sorehide. 😀

freitag235
freitag235

the boss said it should be called Sorehide

LOL! What happens when your trolling results in a heaping pile of butthurt!

cloudiah

@titianblue, you may not be aware that the medically correct term for women is “females.” The word “gender” cannot be applied to people because it also applies to language. We know this because of the wisdom of Dr. Pell, Esquire (Ph.D), nationally ranked gamer.

Karalora
Karalora

2. Not females. Women.

Oh, is that what that meant? I was sitting here going “Female whats? Elephants? Woodlice? Almond trees?”

😛

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

That song should definitely be added to the Biography of Pell.

Creative Writing Student
Creative Writing Student

and fucking wizard. That is now my headcanon as to how the Pell could have achieved that much in a normal human lifespan.

thenatfantastic
thenatfantastic

Just to add fail upon fail, I can’t find any SSBB ‘regionals’ for later than 2009.

cloudiah

If there’s anyone who hasn’t read it, you can find the Biography of Pell here:

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

Historophilia – are you still thinking about doing a history blog?

freitag235
freitag235

Hey, where’d he go? He’s supposed to have an epic meltdown before the flounce! I feel cheated.

titianblue
titianblue

@claudiah creeps away into corner and dons dunce’s cap.

@karalora “Almond trees?” Snorfle!

Some Gal Not Bored at All

I can’t believe one phone call and I miss this!

@AJ

So women are half of gamers, then.

They’re the casual half, though.

Um…you didn’t read the thread or you would know that women make up at least a quarter of noncasual gamers and a majority (though not totality as you imply) of casual gamers. So…same challenge as I issued to 2D Man: what is a videogame and what differentiates a “real” game from a casual game? Keep in mind that, unlike you, I actually know what the fuck I am talking about.

This should be fun. Hope I didn’t miss all of it.

AJ Carson

You fucking assholes. I’m in elite divisions for all these games, and there aren’t records left for them, because everyone who matters is already present. I know females can’t handle FPSs because many of my gamer friends have trophy girlfriends, and they scream and turn there heads away when Halo is played. Females don’t have the constitution, with a few exceptions.

cloudiah

Historophilia, I thought you’d like this: the Radical Women’s History Project.

AJ Carson

And it’s not hard to get a statistics degree, which you would know if you’ve finished school past kindergarten. It was supplementary to my other degrees.

inurashii
inurashii

FEEEEEEEEEEEEEMALES.

Yeah, definitely sounds like you have a comprehensive knowledge of the video games that matter, chuckles. Also of women.

Go back to your basement.

freitag235
freitag235

*coughbullshitcough*

Oh, Pell, you are truly the most special snowflake of all.

clairedammit
clairedammit

there are even less females

Fewer. There are even females. Learn to grammar, Pell.

Some Gal Not Bored at All

@freitag

I feel cheated.

Me too. *sniff*

freitag235
freitag235

Oh yes, your many, many, many degrees.

clairedammit
clairedammit

Hey, my word disappeared! It should say “There are even fewer females.”

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

You fucking assholes.

10 … 9 …

cloudiah

Meltdown commences…

inurashii
inurashii

How long until he starts narrating the actions that he’s imagining himself doing?

clairedammit
clairedammit

What’s that pell? What’s that pell?

(Relevant lyric at about 1:46)

Some Gal Not Bored at All

Nevermind. 🙂

Some Gal Not Bored at All

Hey, AJ, is one of your many degrees in gaming? I want to know if I’m talking to a REAL expert.

AJ Carson

AJ, son, have you ever been to PAX? Or GDC? Or is pro gaming the only real gaming?

Lets see, I’ve recently been to 5 upper division tournments in the past 4 months. You can request the data from the headquarters if you want proof. I’ve been to every major gaming convention of the past 50 years, you fruitloop.

cloudiah

Comments begin @ 3:52 PM.
Meltdown begins @ 4:43 PM.

Not even an hour, Pell! Maybe there’s a pill you can self-prescribe for that.

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

Me: The meltdown’s started.

Boss: Already?

Me: Oh yes, it doesn’t take long. He starts screaming and swearing and talking about his 75 degrees.

Boss: And none of them in How To Win Friends and Influence People!

AJ Carson

Lol, that Radical Female’s History thing is stupid. Erase 80% of real history that matters, and fill that with fluff that doesn’t, and there you go!

titianblue
titianblue

Oooh, what game were you playing in 1963?

AJ Carson

Oooh, what game were you playing in 1963?

your a fucking idiot, take an english class. It’s called hyperbole.

clairedammit
clairedammit

Ah, ninja’s by titianblue on the grammar.

cloudiah

I’ve been to every major gaming convention of the past 50 years, you fruitloop.

I have such fond memories of the Major Gaming Convention of 1963. Here’s a picture of me and the gals arriving to claim our trophies.

AJ Carson

Hey, AJ, is one of your many degrees in gaming?

Gaming isn’t a job. It’s my source of hot females and supplementary income.

freitag235
freitag235

I tried reading Pell’s biography, but there’s only so much flagrant lying I can take.

Pell, you come across like you’re 13. You might want to work on that before socking up again.

Esther
Esther

So, AJ, does Everquest qualify as “casual”? Because thirty seconds on google pulled up some actual statistics that say that 40 percent of MMORPG players are women.

cloudiah

your a fucking idiot, take an english class.

So. Much. Laughage.

titianblue
titianblue

your a fucking idiot, take an english class. It’s called hyperbole.

That should be ” You’re a fuckiing idiot. “

inurashii
inurashii

don’t care lol

I’ve been to every major gaming convention of the past 50 years, you fruitloop.

So you just … missed the part where there are thousands of women who are devs and players of all different types of games, eh? That just sorta escaped you?

Your selective perception is impressive, old timer. All that video gaming must have eroded your senses.

AJ Carson

If you want to find me at my real job

Search for Dr Pell

but today, I’m on vacation.

titianblue
titianblue

Ooh, cloudiah is the grammar ninja!

thenatfantastic
thenatfantastic

your a fucking idiot, take an english class.

Beautiful.

cloudiah

Erase 80% of real gaming that matters, and fill that with fluff that doesn’t, and there you go! ~Pell

Some Gal Not Bored at All

@AJ

Gaming isn’t a job. It’s my source of hot females and supplementary income.

So, you don’t have a degree.

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

your a fucking idiot, take an english class.

Quoth the idiot who can’t manage “you’re” or “English”.

cloudiah

We already knew you were Pell… It’s not like it’s some big reveal, you know.

AJ Carson

You’re lying, because I have extensive experience. There aren’t very many females involved as gamers or developers. They use different parts of there brain then men, so they can’t do that stuff as well.

1 8 9 10 11 12 17