all about the menz antifeminism custody evil women facepalm I'm totally being sarcastic men who should not ever be with women ever MRA oppressed men

MRA: It’s time for a Grandchildren Strike to show would-be grandmothers what’s what!

If you cut the baby supply off at the root, you can eliminate the grandmother problem entirely.

Among those who celebrate Christmas, the holiday is often (for better or worse) a time to celebrate family, and to bring usually distant family members together – parents and their adult children, grandparents and their grandchildren, and so on.

A proposal from the guy behind the Pro-Male/Anti-Feminist Technology blog would mean a bit of a change in this tradition: it would eliminate grandchildren from the equation utterly. Not just by excluding them from the holiday celebrations, but by eliminating them altogether – at least until his demands are met.

Upset that paternal grandmothers aren’t rising up en masse and joining the father’s rights movement to support their sons in custody disputes, Mr. PMAFT has proposed a Grandchildren Strike.

Here’s part of his stirring manifesto:

It’s one thing to not realize that divorce means that you can’t see your grandchildren before a divorce happens.  It’s another to be fine with it afterwards as paternal grandmothers appear to be.  This is an example of team woman in action.  It’s a particularly extreme example in that grandmothers are willing to never see their grandchildren again just to support daughters in law they will no longer have a connection with.

The only way to deal with this is a true grandchildren strike, denying grandchildren from potential grandmothers.  A grandchildren strike should not be necessary, but as we can see, paternal grandmothers don’t care when they can no longer see their grandchildren.  The only way to deal with this is to not have children in the first place.

In your face, hypothetical future grandmothers!

Usually, I advocate surrogate mothers in India for men who really want children in the current feminist climate, but doing so protects our mothers from the consequences of their actions.  That is unconscionable so perhaps we should all be on a grandchildren strike.

A brilliant plan, clearly. This “strike” is designed in such a way that it will have zero effect on the women Mr. PMAFT is angry with – paternal grandmothers. Instead, it’s aimed at mothers who aren’t grandmothers, whom I guess Mr. PMAFT assumes will sign up with the father’s rights movement en masse in order to support their sons in hypothetical custody battles over grandchildren that don’t exist.

It’s as if workers angry at their boss were to go on strike not against the company at which they work, but against a rival company on the grounds that some day they might conceivably work there.

Meanwhile, the plan neatly eliminates the problem at the root of Mr. PMAFT’s anger. Men can’t lose custody battles if they don’t have any children to have custody of in the first place.

Checkmate, feminists!

pillowinhell
pillowinhell

Miss Gingerandry bought me TWO scented fucking candles. One is mulberrY the other wildberry.

hellkell
hellkell

I didn’t get any scented fucking candles, but I did get some Kiehl’s Original Musk scented fucking bath gel and lotion. That’s way beyond misandry.

cloudiah

I got my mother and sister SCENTED FUCKING SOAPS. Quite nice actually. We just finished our traditional breakfast of coffee grog (vanilla ice cream whirled in a blender with instant coffee and bourbon), I’m amazed I can still type.

I just realized that my mother has lots of throw pillows. And no train sets at all. MISANDRY!

Nap time.

WeeBoy
WeeBoy

Bah, this dude is full of it. In the most acrimonious custody case I know of, the grandparents of the NCP (in this case the mother) have court mandated visitation despite them repeatedly refusing to give the kids back and reporting exSil for non existent abuse.

cloudiah

In my bourbon-haze, I made the mistake of looking at AVfM and JtO has a post up with an illustration that is pretty WTF I don’t even… I didn’t read it because he’s just going on about his hate crush on Amanda Marcotte, poor Amanda. Now really nap time.

WeeBoy
WeeBoy

Oh, and one of my bros got Mum a whole pack of scented fucking candles, which I find amusing only cos mum hates them.

LBT

Oh ABNOY, you’re such a kidder.

Also… wow, that was a pretty surreal read.

I am just ignoring Christmas. It helped last year, and dammit, it’s helping this year. I’ve spent mine thus far finishing a Christmas story about giant flesh-eating maggots, drawing a commission, and hanging around you guys.

Now I’m imagining festive flesh-eating maggots in Christmas hats.

cloudiah

I’m awake from my bourbon stupor! LBT, we’re glad you’re here (and I’m hoping that Christmas story is illustrated).

Creative Writing Student
Creative Writing Student

… AWESOME. *sparkles with glee*

RE: katz and cloudiah

…I admit, I actually WAS going to draw one of the maggots in a Santa hat.

OBVIOUSLY THIS SHALL NOW BECOME A CERTAINTY!

(And yes, I am happy to be here. Thankfully, I have two roommates around, one Jewish, one also estranged from family, so at least I’m not totally alone. Just nicely insulated in my WHAT CHRISTMAS THERE IS NO CHRISTMAS HERE LALALA bubble.)

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

::waves:: Hi LBT! Christmas is over here and I totally ignored it. Well, Mum and I had roast chicken and Christmas pudding, but that was it.

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

I’ll be thinking of Abnoy and how sad his life must be for him to want the whole separate planets thing later on when I’m snuggling Mr C and watching the Dr Who Xmas special after dinner.

LBT

I am totally drawing a flesh-eating maggot with a Santa hat being cuddled now. Thanks, you guys.

Creative Writing Student
Creative Writing Student

@LBT

Is it OK to ask you to post it here, if you can, please? I think that would be adorable. 😀

LBT

The sketch? Sure. Might take a bit though, I’d have to unearth my cantankerous scanner, which doesn’t work with my Internet computer. (My computer situation is complicated.) I’ll link the story too, if you like.

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

Is it a Cantankerous Canon, LBT? I had a Canon that eventually decided it was permanently locked even though it wasn’t, and just stopped working.

RE: Kittehs

IT IS TOTALLY A CANTANKEROUS CANON. I’ve had it since ’03 or ’04, I think, and it likes to put up a royal fit every time I use it, as though to make sure I know just how hard it’s working for me. It takes a while to scan, and I have to fiddle with it or it does this bizarre thing where it rotates an image somewhere between .1-10 degrees and then lops off the corners.

However, it HAS survived two trans-Pacific voyages, so I can’t deny its durability. (And the years have had absolutely no impact on its performance; it was just as grouchy out of the box.)

Ithiliana
Ithiliana

@Abnoy: A better idea would be if males and females lived on separate planets with sexbots and used reproductive technology via artificial wombs, in-vitro fertilization, gene-splcing, and cloning to reproduce.

So you and the separate ’em all by the, erm, what river was it? Mississippi? dude would get along great.

And wow, you need to read some science fiction–you don’t really think this is some sparkling shiny new idea, do you?

I suggest (heh) starting with Joanna Russ’ The Female Man

If I was kinder, it would be Lois McMaster Bujold’s Ethan of Athos.

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

LBT – cor, that makes my stupid one look tame! It just stopped working, never did any of that weird stuff. Seems to be a fairly common problem with Canons, though the whole locking thing. I even reloaded the drivers but nope, no good. Ended up buying a new one. Only good thing about the old one conking out was that it meant I started exploring photoshopping pics instead of just scanning my own drawings. I wouldn’t go back to drawing now, I like playing with photos better. 🙂

Speaking of drawings, love your banner for Cloudiah’s blog. And did you see the gorgeous cartoon of Pierre and the MRA that Katz did? There are calls for Pierre to have his own strip now.

princessbonbon
princessbonbon

My haul was awesome this year and I even got a SCENTED FUCKING CANDLE in raspberry. We had a day to exchange them at work.

LBT

RE: CWS, cloudiah, and katz (how alliterative)

BEHOLD! My sketch got out of control once I moved digital, but here is a doodle of a giant flesh-eating maggot wearing a seasonally appropriate hat, plus the story!

RE: Kittehs

Yeah, I think my canon is just eccentric. I mean, it generally gets the job down, and it’s lasted far longer than its behavior would’ve suggested. It’s never locked or anything, at least.

And aw, I’m glad you like the banner! I’ve been doing a TON of portraits lately, so it was really nice to do something completely different. And I did just see that Pierre one! (I was wondering who this ‘Pierre’ guy was.) It did indeed give me a kick.

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

Whoa, that’s a lot more than a mere “doodle” in my book! Cool drawing.

RE: Kittehs

Thanks! It was just a quick rough pencil doodle, and then I went berserk on GIMP to pretty it up a little. It was fun to play around; I’ve been so buried in commissions, I haven’t drawn something loose for fun in a while.

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

I wondered how you did the shading! I never got to grips with GIMP, the learning curve was pretty steep and it was a bit Adobe-esque* in the language. I use PhotoStudio, version 5.5 for preference, because its eraser has soft edges, very useful for layer edges.

Is there a word for being out-of-date geekish about one’s programs? 😀

*another totally real word

Creative Writing Student
Creative Writing Student

TThe picture is very good and aww. I have a warpoed sense of cute i will admit

I would comment on the story but due to combination of 324am and it being nauesus stim city over hear because unrelated stuff my brain is fail. Sorry.

RE: Kittehs

That’s funny, because GIMP is like the only arty program (besides MSpaint) I’ve ever found intuitive. And you can have a softer eraser, if you want. It’s pretty customizable.

As for the shading, I had a few layers. I had the initial pencil sketch, then the black lines, and I had two shade layers: one for basic shading, and the other I called foreground/background to slap some grays on the guy in back to give a stronger feeling of distance. Pretty simple.

RE: CWS

Hell, I found it pretty cute too. And no worries, feel better soon!

kysokisaen

Well, Mum and I had roast chicken and Christmas pudding, but that was it.

Celebrate Christmas Japanese-style. If you’re doing it right, you’re having fried chicken and an overpriced 6-inch cake with your sweetie, whose pants you are totally expected to get into. The KFC and cake seems to come from a few decades ago, when that was the closest thing expats could get to a proper Christmas meal and the marketing people just sort of went with it (celebrate Christmas like an American! with traditional American KFC!), and I’m not sure how it became Japanese prom night.

Fun trivia: a woman who is edging into old maid territory is sometimes called a Christmas cake, after the tiny, richly decorated cakes that cost so much before December 25th and can hardly be given away afterwards. I am currently celebrating my first full year as a Christmas cake.

That is the cutest flesh-eating maggot I’ve ever seen! I just want to cuddle it!

Argenti Aertheri
Argenti Aertheri

Y’all got SCENTED FUCKING CANDLES, I got a mix-and-match sonic screwdriver set 🙂 (when my brother is awesome, he’s awesome) The thing nearly tops my iPad, and probably will top my iPad tomorrow, when I’m stuck cleaning up the mess from today…oh well, at least there’s enough chocolate to last well into 2013!

ABNOY, whatever it is you’re on, you should probably take a break from it. I’m pretty sure that was a bad sci-fi decades ago, and went badly because, lo and beyond! Some people actually enjoy heterosexual sex! (And dude, there’s nothing wrong with that, it’s just that the rest of us would like to enjoy our varieties of sexytimes without being shunned for it — our sexytimes are just as normal as yours!)

LBT — I cannot believe I’m saying this, but that’s an adorable maggot XD

RE: katz and Argenti

Apparently I like drawing cute maggots! Who knew?

Myoo
Myoo

Nice Christmas maggot, LBT.

cloudiah

What a cute maggot. Huzzah! I have bookmarked the story to read later, when I am not sleepy and (slightly) hungover.

Creative Writing Student
Creative Writing Student

They are adorable. I’d want one for a pet if a) they weren’t flesh-eating and b) I have a dog. I’m not sure who it would be, but one of them would get eaten.

Here’s your Christmas present, everyone!

I’ll make a webcomic for it if people can suggest a good title.

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

OMG <3 <3 <3

A curse on my inability to think of good titles! All I'm coming up with is The Adventures of Pierre, which doesn't have quite the same ring as The Adventures of Naked Man.

The Adventures of Pierre is what I thought of, too, but I’m holding out on someone coming up with something better.

hellkell
hellkell

Katz, that’s wonderful.

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

Pierre’s Adventures in the Manosphere? No, that’d get all the wrong audience, ie. trolls.

Pierre: Sane Canadian

^Bit ableist-sounding, isn’t it?

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

Pierre, Battling Manosphere Ranters with Bewildered Common Sense and Canadian Courtesy!

(not really)

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

A Very Confused Canadian.

The One True Dave

Every time I think these guys can’t get any more ridiculous the clown shoes get even bigger.

Kaitlyn
Kaitlyn

just when you think MRA’s can’t get anymore delusional, paranoid or stupid.

“Usually, I advocate surrogate mothers in India for men who really want children in the current feminist climate,”

what? WHAT? WTF does this even mean?

The Kittehs' Unpaid Help

I’d like to know WHO all the ankle biters I see around belong to, if men are refusing to breed? Who, who, who? They don’t look like half-siblings, they can’t all be fathered by a few alphas!

Argenti Aertheri
Argenti Aertheri

“Pierre: Sane Canadian” = Pierre, the sensible Canadian, deals with illogical MRAs

Thoughts?

titianblue
titianblue

omg, omg omg Pirre the doctor with his hat & moose calendar! Best Christmas present ever.

Agree that “sane” sounds a bit ableist so maybe Pierre: Sensible Canadian? I’m also heading to a thesaurus for words meaning unflappable, put-upon, long-suffering etc. Katz, you’re a genius!

howardbann1ster

@Kaitlyn: it’s a common strain of MRA thought. Import women from a place where women are hideously oppressed. All that internalized oppression will keep them in line.

Er. “Submissive.”