antifeminism kitties manginas men who should not ever be with women ever misogyny MRA neckbeard rights oppressed men penises reddit vaginas

The Men”s Rights subreddit weighs in on the “Why is Reddit So Anti-Woman?” debate.

Over on AskReddit, someone called 478nist has asked a question that has been puzzling a lot of us for some time: “Why is Reddit so anti-women? (outside of r/gonewild anyway).”

I used to think it was just because the large majority of users are men, but it’s not pro-men it’s becoming more and more anti-women.

Outside of the friendzoned crap, any comment that leans towards any kind of talk of womens issues, equal rights etc gets downvoted to hell so it’s not even capable of being discussed. It seems like it’s an US vs THEM mentality more and more. Was it always like this?

The thread that followed is nearly 2000 comments long, so far, and has gotten written up on TheAtlanticWire. The discussion is surprisingly … good? Not perfect — after all, this is Reddit we’re talking about here — but not terrible.

So naturally our friends in the Men’s Rights subreddit are complaining about it.

The legendary AnthonyZarat offers this thought:

MauraLoona, meanwhile, challenges the premise of 478nist’s question, and thereby challenges reality itself:

Legitimateusername also has a problem with Reddit’s alleged surplus of manginas.

Fuckrpolitics_again just goes with some plain old-fashioned misogyny:

The Men’s Rights subreddit, such a reliable generator of self-righteous poop.

QJR3
QJR3

I keep thinking about how these MRAs whine about being labeled as rapists because they’re men, but then turn around and invoke the stereotype of the GIANT NEGRO (OR ILLEGAL) RAPIST TAKIN ALL THEIR WHITE WOMEN.

Not only are they highly misogynistic, they can’t even do intersectionality right. Laughs all around.

Falconer
Falconer

INTERNET WHITE KNIGHTS, GIVE ME THE POWER BACK!

It’s like some perverse parody of Masters of the Universe. Wherein the MRAs are Skeletor and he’s managed to temporarily separate Princess Amanda from her Power Yoni. But don’t worry, she’ll get it back in time to lecture the audience.

… Wait, that kind of got away from me there.

RubyHypatia
RubyHypatia

Anthony must be living in a parallel universe because men have just as many rights, if not more, than women. They still have majority control in government and business. You MRAs are just pissed that women have gained power. Get over it.

Kyrie
Kyrie

Hi Ruby. Care to answer any of the objections, or do you want to keep on commenting here while pretending nothing’s wrong?

hellkell
hellkell

Ruby, I thought you were going to ignore us? Unless “ignore” in your tiny mind means “make trite and stupid bootlicking observations on every post.”

Yeah, I just answered my own question.

Shadow
Shadow

@Kyrie

That’s a silly question!! Ruby would never just show up on threads and comment like nothing happened just a day ago!

Cliff Pervocracy

Let’s work out the logic here:

1) All men who are not MRAs are manginas.
2) There are perhaps two thousand MRAs in existence, tops.
3) MRAs do not support rights or protections being extended to manginas, and do not respect them.
therefore…
4) MRAs do not support rights, protections, or respect for 99.999993% of the men in the world.

(I actually did the math.)

kirbywarp
kirbywarp

Huh. Anthony’s comment actually works out rather well regendered and without the last sentence. Add the last sentence back in and you get something Ruby would say. *sigh*

Seriously though, the situation is more like if two folks are going out to dinner, and one has historically decided where to go (as that person drives the car). Second person gets really annoyed after a while, and pushes to let hir choose the resteraunt this time. After some agument, second person gets to decide, and first person gets really aggravated and pissy.

Eventually, second person wants to start deciding half the time. First person, (now really being an asshole) shouts “You know, I want to decide where to go sometimes too! Why won’t you let me pick once in a while?” Imagine being the second person. Now you have a glimpse of how fucking annoying it is for MRAs to claim that they just want equal rights.

(In this metaphor, the second person also wants to be able to drive half the time as well. But that’s not gonna happen any time soon.)

At least AntZ doesn’t live in a parallel universe where prison rape is funny.

nwoslave

@Cliff Pervocracy
“Let’s work out the logic here:

1) All men who are not MRAs are manginas.
2) There are perhaps two thousand MRAs in existence, tops.
therefore…

(I actually did the math.)”

A woman has spoken, the math has been done. All truth and wisdom comes from the divine feminine. Let us pray to the goddess within all women, so they may enlighten us and allow men to witness their glory. Amen.

feministgamer
feministgamer

That’s a pretty good analogy, kirbywarp.

C
C

Hate is a most seductive emotion. It is purifying. It cleans the hater of all sin. And hate is timeless. There is nothing new about men hating women. What is new is the internet. Here posters can safely hide and vent their emotions without fear of actually being confronted. In that regard, Reddit is like an emotional sewer. The spiteful dump their excrement into it, and are glad no one knows the shit is theirs.

Freitag
Freitag

Oh, NWO commented in the Atlantic Wire writeup. He’s very consistent in what he posts, I’ll give him that.

@C
Yeah because hating on women is something men can only do on the internet, not like that happens in real life all the time or is supported in society! Oh wait…

jumbofish

Oops I think I misread you…

Anathema
Anathema

I think C was trying to say that it’s typically much more blatant on the internet. In real life, sexism is usually a bit more subtle. That’s not to say that subtler sexism is really that much better. That sort of sexism is insidious and much more widespread. At least with the blatant stuff, you don’t have to work hard to simply convince people that it’s sexism in the first place. . .

Cliff Pervocracy

Anathema – Yeah, the Internet makes a lot of discussions that used to be private and start with “you’re not supposed to say this, but it’s true…” suddenly uncomfortably public.

indifferentsky

C, about hate, that’s inneresting because I mull over any hate feelings that creep up in me as the most uncomfortable emotional torture. Well, the “most” or ranking right up there with the rest. I go over and over things in my head when I feel hate. Being right for me does not make it feel better, I want the bad guys to go away or change. So when I see people constantly spewing hate, I think that can’t feel good, and I think that about people that I absolutely agree with as well, I just think wow that must hurt to be on the attack all the time. I am not saying hate is necc wrong or inappropriate at times, it just feels like shit to me personally.

Freitag
Freitag

Hate takes a lot of energy and concentration. Plus time. You really have to stew in whatever you’re hating to get a good hate on. So much energy, so much effort, and for what?

speedlines
speedlines

I’m too apathetic to hate anyone.

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

In order for me to hate someone it has to be personal. I think Henry Kissinger exemplifies everything that’s wrong with politicians as a group, but I don’t hate him, because I don’t know him. It takes someone doing something directly to me or one of my loved ones for me to really hate them, because hate is a strong emotion that takes effort to sustain. I can’t hate an entire demographic group, because even if one or some people in that group might have harmed me, one or some is not the same thing as all or most.

With MRAs, I’m not sure if they actually think that feminists, or in some cases all women, have actually done something personal to harm them*, or if they’re indulging in a collective delusion that this is the case because it makes it easier to sustain their hatred.

*Of course it’s possible that some of these guys have been harmed by an individual woman, even an individual feminist. What’s peculiar is taking whatever anger you feel about that and turning it into hatred of women or feminists as groups. When I was a little kid in the Middle East a local boy made me fall off a see-saw and hit my head so hard on a rock that I needed stitches, and I think that boy was an asshole, but I see no reason to extend that to a belief that all Arabs are assholes, you know? Because that wouldn’t make any sense. When people do that then “well this one person did something horrible to me” sounds like an excuse for hatred rather than an explanation.

Crumbelievable
Crumbelievable

@NWO;

Troll harder.

Crumbelievable
Crumbelievable

Also, I notice that you claim to be an activist fighting for the rights of men, but utterly despise any man who is not cis-gendered or straight. Care to comment?

Alpha Asshole Cock Carousel
Alpha Asshole Cock Carousel

NWO is getting really tedious.

Tulgey Logger
Tulgey Logger

I think Owly has simply run out of sentences in his pre-set repertoire, and is now forced to revert to the “arglebarglewomengoodmenbad” strawman which forms the foundation of his operating system.

@crumb
You know I don’t even think nwo cares about straight white cis dudes either, he seems to be more concerned about women and children sexually arousing him or any of his other weird issues with random groups.

jumbofish

I forgot his love of self flagellation seems more important than actually doing stuff about perceived persecution as well….

Cliff Pervocracy

Well, shit, that answers the question.

I’m sure 0.000007% of men on Earth are greatly comforted to have you on their side.

Argenti Aertheri
Argenti Aertheri

NWO — dude, that’s how logic works. You state your premises, and your conclusion — you can argue about whether the MRM is only for MRM members for example, but you can’t just declare the math itself invalid. Not without redoing the math and proving that it is, in fact, invalid (which would require negating one of the premises in this case).

In other words, Cliff presented a logical argument, and you went all Spot That Fallacy!!

Ad hominem – attacking the arguer instead of the argument.

Poisoning the well – a type of ad hominem where adverse information about a target is presented with the intention of discrediting everything that the target person says

And since this is you and we’ve all heard your “woman is god” shit a few dozen times, at least —

Thought-terminating cliché – a commonly used phrase, sometimes passing as folk wisdom, used to quell cognitive dissonance, conceal lack of thought-entertainment, move onto other topics etc. but in any case, end the debate with a cliche—not a point.

Argument from repetition (argumentum ad nauseam) – signifies that it has been discussed extensively until nobody cares to discuss it anymore

cloudiah

It must really burn him and other MRAs that Man Boobz got a mention in the article and comments.

Steele
Steele

Reddit is “anti-woman” in the same sense that tomato fields are “anti-potato”.

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

Wait, first we (well, with Tom’s help) broke Mikey, and now NWO-bot is breaking down too?

Tulgey Logger
Tulgey Logger

Yes, Steele, Reddit does a great job of letting women know they don’t belong and don’t matter.

Steele
Steele

cloudiah

Yeah, I didn’t realize that Reddit was meant only for men, Steele. You are bad at analogies.

Argenti Aertheri
Argenti Aertheri

“I do, in point of fact, believe that much of Reddit’s alleged frustration with women is a response to female privilege.”

Oh great, Steele is a Mr. Al bot today (last people I discussed reddit’s “female privilege” with was Mr. Al)

cloudiah

Down with vile potato privilege!

Tulgey Logger
Tulgey Logger

Vile potato privilege: having eyes, getting to have sex with any tomato any time.

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

I just want to make it clear that the Reddit farmer did not plant any potatoes in his field on purpose, OK? Those potatoes should know where they’re not wanted.

nwoslave

@Cliff Pervocracy

I beseech thee and beg audience of the great goddess, Holly! While most assuredly no one dares questions your superior intellect, however, 0.000007% of the 3.5 billion men equals 24,500 men on the planet women have so graciously created. Yet you stated, “There are perhaps two thousand MRAs in existence, tops.”

I must assume you gave this simple mathematical task to an inferior male to perform as women have invented and perfected all the arts and sciences. I will now flog myself for daring to speak without being direcly commanded. May the wisdom of your greatness and the devine feminine in all women enlighten men to accept the leadership of the goddess within all women. Amen.

Freitag
Freitag

Potatoes are misandrist.

Shadow
Shadow

Really?!! I swear, this is my shocked face!

jumbofish

So now reddit is meant for men? And you changed your tune so fast from “they are not anti women!!” to “well they are just frustrated by female privilege!” that I don’t know how anyone could take you seriously.

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

@ Argenti

Actually, now that you mention it, has anyone ever seen Mikey and Mr Al in the same room?

jumbofish

Potatoes and tomatoes aren’t even the same species, men and women are though. I don’t even know where that analogy was going. XD

Freitag
Freitag

What exactly is the “female privilege” that frustrates the Redditors so?

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

Expecting Mikey to make sense is misandry.

@cassandra

I have thought of that before but I thought it was too conspiracy-ish……

The strange obsession certainly would make sense and the almost poe nature…..

Tulgey Logger
Tulgey Logger

Vile potato privilege: no one chooses potatoes to throw at failing performers. Instead, they throw tomatoes, which make a more satisfying mess. This is known as Tomato Disposability.

1 2 3 13