$MONEY$ antifeminism armageddon chivalry disgusting women evil women I'm totally being sarcastic idiocy it's science! MGTOW misogyny MRA oppressed men precious bodily fluids sex the enigma that is ladies the spearhead vaginas

Uteruses Versus Duderuses

Apparently a lot of ladies have these things living in their lady regions.

Today, more insight into the enigma that is ladies. Our topic? The uterus and its discontents. The uterus, for those who  have not heard of it, is a lady organ that ladies who were born ladies have down in their lady regions. It is used for two purposes: making babies, and oppressing men.

Some ladies, you see, like to trick men into giving up their sperm (or to steal it from them without their knowledge). The ladies somehow use this sperm to grow babies in their uteruses — I’m not sure on all the details here — which they then use to extract money  from men. As is well known, it really doesn’t cost anything to raise a child, and the ladies use most of the so-called child-support they get from men to pay for bon bons and Cadillacs.

It gets worse. According to a dude called Joe Zamboni over on The Spearhead, some of these uterus-having ladies are at risk of developing something called Golden Uterus Syndrome, or GUS. First described by Dr. Tara J. Palmatier, Zamboni notes,

Golden Uterus Syndrome (GUS) occurs when a woman thinks she deserves special privileges just because she has given birth to a child. … Supposedly all sorts of things (like a mother not taking a job, and instead staying at home) are for the benefit of the child, when in reality they are simply a cover for the woman manipulating others to get her way. … So many of these mothers just take, take, take — like parasites.

Even worse, Zamboni explains, is that some women deliberately infect themselves with Golden Uterus Syndrome, thus guaranteeing them a life of ease as a stay-at-home or single mother:

[W]omen all over world are blatantly getting pregnant so that they don’t have to work at a job, so that they can be supported by a man. I’m not going to act like I approve of their behavior to ensnare and enslave a man, so that this man is then forced to pay eighteen years of child support at the very least.

GUS is rampant in the United States. And it’s time for an intervention.

Mothers now enjoy many unwarranted preferences, and it’s time to reestablish a new and more equitable balance.

Luckily, Zamboni explains, we can combat many of the evil effects of GUS simply by acting like assholes.

The fact is that other people, be they men or women, owe nothing to mothers. As the recent Italian ocean liner accident (Costa Concordia) dramatically revealed, chivalry is dead. I won’t give my seat on the bus to a mother who’s standing, and I certainly won’t give my sinking-ship lifeboat seat to a mother.

The social contract between men and women is dead, and feminist women are the ones who killed it. Mothers in general don’t do anything for me (although I appreciate my own, God rest her soul).

Men shouldn’t feel guilty for treating mothers badly. Because feminism.

Once upon a time, there may have been good reason to protect mothers, to support mothers, etc. (I don’t know, I wasn’t there). But that is one hundred or more years ago. Today’s American women claim to be the equals of men, if not better than men. At least in this instance, I am pleased to give them what they say they want (equal treatment).

Motherhood is, after all, a choice, and men really shouldn’t be burdened by any of the costs of human reproduction.

The fact is that modern mothers have a choice to have a child or not. When they have a child, it is their own personal burden that they are taking on — it is their decision to have that baby. I had no part in their past baby making decisions (unfortunately even if I was the contributor of DNA material), and I do not now agree to allow them to off-load the baby-related responsibilities and costs onto me. …

This is fundamentally a question of self-responsibility, and women in general seem loath to take on true self-responsibility. A friend of mine calls it “congenital female selfishness,” but I think it is more like an acculturated selfishness, and a “pussy pass” so that they can get out of trouble, so that they don’t need to grow-up. As long as we men keep playing the mangina and white knight roles, as long as we keep giving all sorts of special treatment to mothers, going out of our way to protect mothers, doing all sorts of special favors for mothers, we feed and perpetuate the GUS fantasy.

And really, why should men have to pay just because some lady wants to take up babymaking as a hobby?

The fact is: the world doesn’t need more children. … Women don’t need to have children. They want children. Having children is a preference, and men are supposed to endlessly indulge women in the fulfillment of this wish. It’s time that the women-having-babies conversation was brought into the realm of public conversation, and then dealt with rationally and responsibly.

It’s time that men got a backbone and refused to endlessly indulge women in their desire for, and rearing of children. In large measure, it is the continued willingness of men to indulge this selfish female desire that has led to our overpopulation problem.

Exactly! It has nothing to do with governments and religious institutions campaigning against birth control and abortion, or any of that stuff. It’s female selfishness, plain and simple.

It’s time for all men to say “no” to women that selfishly keep having babies. It’s time for third party men to say “no” to providing support and protection to mothers who have quite clearly rejected any sort of partnership with a man. It’s time for all men to say “no” to the exploitative demands of these GUS-infected self-serving mothers.

Stirring words indeed.

Naturally, Zamboni’s argument found receptive ears over at The Spearhead.

“Great article Joe,” wrote Pendelton.

The living hell a man goes through where the golden uterus lives on his back and shoulders 24/7, also using his children to dump on and chump off him has got to be comparably unbearable.

And it’s always to be remembered that this type of woman, being a natural mercenary and hostage maker, has the legal violence of the law to back up her nastiness.

Why do people put up with these nagging hoyhums ?

Stonelifter added:

woman have the golden everything syndrome. They think you owe them for life if you had sex with you once; sex which they also enjoyed as well as you.

They make you diner once, you owe them for life

Admittedly, if a woman builds you an entire diner, I think you probably do owe her for that.

Durandal worked in a bit of “we hunted the mammoth for you” as well:

Women’s value is defined by what they have. Which is a vagina, uterus, and babymaking capability. Hence the self-entitlement and the probable evolutionary adaptation of selfishness and reliance on emotional solipsism and manipulation.

Men’s value is defined by what they do. Which is build absolutely everything, provide everything and advance civilization through their effort, rationality, intelligence, courage and sacrifice.

When our fiat monetary system falls apart and our economy winds down (and it will, if it hasn’t already), watch as government mandated entitlements for women from education & employment quotas to divorce court payouts go up in smoke and an immediate desire to reinstate productivity and real wealth (brought to you by patriarchy) returns for good.

Orecret also predicted the end of the world as we know it (and he feels fine):

Sometimes I wonder how much of the tension between women and men and the consequent breakdown of the social contract between them are due to overpopulation on the planet.

A greater population is no longer needed. Babies and children thus have a lower social value… as do WOMEN… and the male-female bond generally.

Women have gained more power due to prosperity and technology. They are currently experiencing what to them seems like a moment of glory. Only they are poised for a great fall as the effects of overpopulation on the planet become more acutely felt.

As elbow room becomes significantly impinged, men will find themselves even less inclined to take on any sort of partnership with a woman, especially where children are concerned. This effectively frees up men to use their time as they see fit as they are not to be burdened with the expenses and responsibilities of marriage, etc.

Men will act less and less in the public sphere. Corporations will have a hard time hiring men to jobs that they neither need nor want having been freed from the burden of family. Armies will shrink due to the lack of will the everyman has in protecting a society where the social contract has broken down much to the detriment of men everywhere.

The society will crash around us. Women will find themselves without male partners in an increasingly harsh social and natural environment. Life will become increasingly difficult for them and they will be (evermore) unhappy.

The MEN will be free and feral. Returned once again to a natural state where the majority of them are the happiest.

It seems a collective Wile E. Coyote moment is about to take place on a global scale.

It’s a good thing that THIS roadrunner has already gone ghost.

Each of these comments got dozens of upvotes on The Spearhead. Spearheaders know good sense when they see it!

There is some here.

Pecunium

@Pecunium: This isn’t about taking a bus hours in advance. It is about showing up 10 minutes earlier so you can be one of the first 50th people to get on the bus.

At which stop? I take the subway to work. It runs every 15 minutes. There are usually only about 15 people at my stop.

The car is standing room only. I can get a seat, if I show up before 0600. At 0800, fuggedabout it.

But you admit that you know that, and your, “just show up ten minutes early” is a bit of gaslighting misdirection; i.e. asshole behavior.

I am not demonising them. I’m not pointing fingers at them and telling them they are shitbags. I’m looking at them and deciding they are assholes. It’s internal. My moral compass is mine. It may mean that, come some future occasion I treat them with less charity than otherwise. It’s because they have lost of the respect one has to earn in this world.

You know, that respect you insist on, even though your a self-centered wretch who thinks, “me first” is a good way to interact with the world.

(BTW, how many jobs have you got, because as I recall you last claimed to be doing IT in the Banking Industry… didn’t know it was food banking.)

Brandon

@Hippodameia: It is a part time job. I do it a few hours every day so I can have some spending money on the weekends. Also, the staff is only 5 people with about 10 off and on volunteers, so I come into constant contact with the clients there.

@Cassandra: That is because no one chooses to be grow old and become elderly. Nor do most sane people decide to become disabled. Women however, are fully aware that sex might lead to pregnancy or at a bare minimum are making a conscious decision to remain pregnant. So unless women can just spontaneously become pregnant, I place them in a separate category.

@Pecunium: Whatever. So it is internal. Demonizing vs non-demonizing…blah blah blah. What gets solved by calling a stranger an “asshole” in your own head? Not a damn thing. If he/she is an asshole, what do they care if you think they are an asshole?

My point is, all of this solves nothing. People will still be assholes, but depending on how many of these “rules” (created by you of course!) these people you encounter break, you will most likely get more bitter as people don’t live up to your expectations.

If your moral expectations are impractical, then sooner or later, you will see everyone as being an asshole.

My full time job is doing IT work. The food pantry is just a part time job. The food pantry has basic IT needs (web site work, simple database, etc,,,) that I help them with. My full time job has more complex issues.

darksidecat

You heard it here, folks, Brandon is arguing for the end of humanity, no more breeding, you hear? Because no one is ever to be pregnant if it might result in him being thought rude for being selfish!

CassandraSays

LOL, Brandon. OK then, I guess next time you see someone disabled on the bus you should ask them the origins of their disability before offering them a seat. If it turns out that their own behavior played any part in their becoming disabled (say, a sports injury, or an injury resulting from a car accident, after all it’s not like we don’t all know that car accidents can happen before we get behind the wheel), then you better not offer them a seat, just to be consistent.

Brandon’s poor rationalization hamster must be exhausted.

@Darky: Umm…nice strawman.

Brandon

@Cassandra: I would rather take the path of least resistance and just assume they didn’t cause their own disability.

Bostonian

I must admit the elaborate fantasy of a work life is marginally funny.
I still do not think anyone like Brandon would go within 10 feet of a food pantry. It will be interesting to see if this shows up in other threads in the future.

CassandraSays

But of course if it’s a woman then you have to assume the worse, especially if sex is involved. Yeah, Brandon, we know. Your unique and lovely set of prejudices seep through in every single thing you write.

Pecunium

So your point is… what? That because it, “solves nothing” I should just shrug my shoulders and say, “so he’s an asshole, not hurting me so the fuck I should care?”.

In other words, “fuck you jack, I got mine.”

I’ll also remind you that when one is attempting to defuse a counter-argument (as with the time of day/place on the route) it helps to counter it, not just say, “hey, if you can’t get up early enough/live hear the start of the line, fuck you jack, I got mine”. Because that’s just admitting your argument is specious. Duly noted.

It is amusing to see you, the arbiter of who is a slut (nothing judgemental about it, you just think people ought to know they aren’t worthy of respect), and who isn’t. The dude who makes sure women aren’t feminists; because feminists are killjoys, and once you know someone is a feminist you know everything you need to know about how interesting/worthwhile they are as a companion.

The guy who says men need to take extraordinary (and extra-legal) precautions, lest someone falsely accuse them of rape. The guy who is willing to make children suffer to make sure those children’s mothers show him the respect he demands; just for being alive.

That’s the guy who’s telling me that recognising an asshole when I see one is going to make me bitter. I don’t expect people to be decent. I hope for it. I see it more often than not. But when I see someone being an asshole, I don’t just chalk it up to, ‘The way the world is” and ignore it.

I tend to think that I am my brother’s keeper, and that, as John Donne said, NUNC LENTO SONITU DICUNT, MORIERIS.

Now this bell tolling softly for another,
says to me, Thou must die….No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main; if a clod be washed away by the sea, Europe is the less, as well as if a promontory were, as well as if a manor of thy friend’s or of thine own were; any man’s death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee.

I also think of Dickens, and Marley’s Ghost.

“But you were always a good man of business, Jacob,” faltered Scrooge, who now began to apply this to himself.

“Business!” cried the Ghost, wringing its hands again. “Mankind was my business. The common welfare was my business; charity, mercy, forbearance, and benevolence were, all, my business. The dealings of my trade were but a drop of water in the comprehensive ocean of my business!”

But hey… you want to lose no respect in the eyes of the world, because, unlike Donne, or Scrooge, you are as Marley was: Brandon is your business, and at your wake they can hang the words, “Fuck you Jack, I got mine,” over the entrance to the hall. Everyone will know who died.

Brandon

@Cassandra: Assume what? She allowed her own pregnancy? Most women do. Rape victims being the exception.

Bostonian

Brandon cannot conceive of disabled women.

Dracula
Dracula

Bostonian –

No, see, homelessness is something that’s happened to Brandon, and is therefore on the list of other people’s problems he’s capable of caring about.

Pecunium

Brandon can’t admit other people have the right to make judgements.

CassandraSays

Contraception also fails. But that’s not really the point, is it? The real point is your need to punish women in a myriad of petty little ways for the crime of being women, and your obsession with respect. How dare Pecunium think you’re an asshole? He doesn’t respect you, and if you don’t offer that pregnant woman on the bus your seat, other people might not respect you either. And that’s just not acceptable, because you deserve respect.

Or rather, you think that you do. I very much doubt that anyone else agrees.

Pecunium

And I have to get up to be at work at 0900, so I’ll see you all tomorrow afternoon.

Brandon

@Pecunium: What is actually “got” in this? The “f u jack” line doesn’t really seem applicable.

Brandon

@Cassandra: And there are a few options available to women if she does get pregnant. Needless to say, a woman has many “outs” when it comes to pregnancy. So yes, a women chooses to get pregnant and then chooses to remain pregnant.

How am I punishing women? I am treating the mother no better or worse than anyone else on the train, bus, etc..

CassandraSays

Brandon, honey, if you were any more transparent you’d be a window. A woman who is pregant is functionally pretty much disabled, at least for a while. The hip joints get all messed up, they can fall more easily than they would otherwise, it’s pretty uncomfortable towards the end, and a fall can hurt the baby. Now, a normal person who didn’t have a grudge against women would note that and go, oh hey, society expects me to give this person my seat, and I shall, because it’s the right thing to do. You, on the other hand, get pissy because how dare society think less of you if you don’t, why is she special, etc. But with bonus nonsense about how it’s her fault she’s pregant.

Feel free to keep on being that way if you want, but you are indeed being an asshole, and people are going to judge you as a result. Nobody owes you respect just because you have a giant ego.

Brandon

@Cassandra: I find it pretty insulting to actual disabled people to say pregnancy is a disability.

CassandraSays

I said temporary, dear. Reading is fundamental.

Brandon

temporary or permanent…it is pretty insulting to the disabled

Shadow
Shadow

@Brandon

I don’t see why. It has all the hallmarks of a temporary disability. Reduced mobility, loss of balance, hip, back and various joint pains and problems. Physical barriers that prevent a pregnant woman from doing things that she would normally be able to do, for an extended period of time. How is this any less of a temporary disability than, say, a broken limb?

CassandraSays

Imma let you finish, Brandon, but you’re being even more childish and petulant than usual.

Also, what Shadow said.

Magpie

Ah, but what does he do if a woman on the bus is disabled AND pregnant?

Lyn
Lyn

Ah, so according to Brandon pregnancy is seriously easy. Riiight. Being unable to stand for long periods because of back pain, swollen ankles and fucked up hip joints is nothing like a disability. Except, don’t employers give people leave and money when they have bad backs? In Australia, people with bad backs get a, what’s it called again? A disability pension. And people with chronic back-pain might not even have additional symptoms like nausea, and the aforementioned swelling and joint pain, gestational diabetes or a host of other symptoms? Oh no, it sounds nothing like a temporary disability to me. /sarcasm

Lyn
Lyn

And ninja’d – great minds and all that 😉

darksidecat

@Brandon, it’s not a strawman, it’s the logical conclusion to your argument. You now admit you want women to be pregnant and bear the physical consequences, yet you still say that pregnant people should be denied any accommodations for those physical consequences.

As an “actual disabled person” I don’t find it insulting at all. My sister almost died from her second pregnancy (she went into eclampsia). Also, people with disabilities don’t particularly need you to concern troll us.

Polliwog
Polliwog

Speaking as a bona fide cripple, I don’t find it the least bit insulting. More like ” quite obviously factually true and entirely reasonable.”

hellkell
hellkell

Brandon, don’t try to concern troll, it’s not a good look on you.

Viscaria
Viscaria

His Illustriousness Brandon said:

Oh, was that your point? Funny, I had an entirely different impression. Possibly because you made all of these statements:

My point is that he is free to give up his seat if he so chooses, but he shouldn’t be labeled an asshole for not abiding by the wishes of the feminists here or the mother on the bus.

What I am saying is wrong is David labeling him someone that “treats women badly” because the man sitting on the bus is basically treating the mother as if she was every person on the bus.

@Pecunium: It isn’t about disrespect at all. It is about it being wrong to call someone an asshole because they didn’t live up to your expectations. Why don’t you change your own behavior first before demonizing another human being.

Viscaria
Viscaria

Damn blockquotes 🙁 the paragraph 3rd from the bottom is also a quote.

hellkell
hellkell

Brandon doesn’t realize that you can think someone’s an asshole and not let it ruin your day or your entire outlook on life.

Caraz
Caraz

Brandons points always change because he doesn’t actually have any points to make. He’s not just an asshole, he’s an asshole loudly proclaiming asshole-ism as a ‘good’ way of life. That’s why he comes across as boring with an aftertaste of pathetic.

Amnesia
Amnesia

Brandon, at some point, every one of us was a fetus in a uterus. The fact that some women choose to be pregnant ensures the continuance of the human race.

Unless you think the only reason uterus-havers have any right to special consideration while pregnant is if it was forced upon them, and in that case, fuck you.

pillowinhell

Brandon still? Well I’ve duly noted he’s an asshole, and despite this I’m quite pleased with life as I’ve just completed an intricate embroidery project of a blackwork butterfly AND I’m planning out another project which will have a definite illuminated manuscript theme as a present for Beloved.

Also, I tend to note things every day that people in general aren’t assholes

ithiliana

More of Brandon’s assholishness and ignorance: How dare anybody call pregnancy a disability! What an insult to disabled people!

First, dudetroll, the federal government disagrees with you and agrees with us: Read it and weep.

Second, your assumption that temporary disability does not exist, and that all disabled people are always universally disabled (and never anything else) is also wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong.

Plus, you also assume that women who have other disabilities cannot also be pregnant (probably you also assume that people with disabilities never have sex, because BRANDON).

So that in every possible way, you are not only an asshole in regard to your behavior in public, but also stone ignorance about the legal realities in your country, and the various efforts made by people with disabilities to gain equal access.

But then we know you don’t believe in equal access–like many misogynistic assholes, you seem to think equality means “everybody should be treated exactly like me, a straight, able bodied, cis, white, male” and anything else is OMG special treatment.

Not only an asshole, but so ignorant I’m amazed you manage to make it from day to day.

Brandon

@Darksidecat: I don’t really give a crap if a woman is or isn’t pregnant. Nor do I care if she wants to keep the baby or abort it. Not my life, not my baby. So I have no say or interest in what another person does with their life. Plus to interfere in her life about her pregnancy (or lack thereof) seems rather rude IMO.

@Viscaria: It is possible to have multiple points. Stop being so one-dimensional. The guy sitting down really isn’t doing anything to warrant someone being hostile towards him…nor does being hostile towards him solve anything.

Even if you thought he was an asshole, then confronted him…what would most likely happen? I would say about 3 options exist: 1) He would get up 2) He would avoid you or 3) He would tell you to fuck off.

At the end of it all, while you are free to have any feelings you want, feeling that the guy sitting down is being an asshole for not getting up is counter-productive. You are basically having one big validating circle jerk in your head.

@Hellkell: No, but it is a rather cynical and negative thought. If you constantly have negative thoughts, you have a better chance at becoming a negative person. You are made up of your thoughts and if you are constantly whining, bitching, moaning and generally unhappy with what other people are doing…then you most likely will be someone that others will avoid. Instead of focusing on what people are doing wrong…why don’t you try and focus on what people are doing right.

@ithiliana: Like I give a shit about what the US government classifies. The difference is that most women choose (and want) to be or become pregnant. Nobody chooses to have their leg broken. It is basically women saying “Look what I did to myself…please feel sorry for me”.

I never said that one can not be temporarily disabled. In fact, I know a few with ACTUAL temporary conditions.

I find it hilarious that you are assuming what you think I am assuming. A women with a broken leg is pregnant = disabled pregnant woman. Oh noes!! she has a disability on top of her disability…a double disability!!! One more and it is a trifecta!

Viscaria
Viscaria

I didn’t even know I could roll my eyes so hard. Assholes like Brandon teach me things about myself all the time!

I don’t know how I manage to get sucked into the vortex that is his huge ego, carefully protected by several layers of denial and willful stupidity. Do not engage the Brandon, Viscaria; that way leads to headaches and sadness about the state of humanity.

pillowinhell

So Brandon, what about the safety issues involved? That pregnant women are more likely to fall, more likely to suffer an injury to their stomach? That twisted and sprained limbs are more likely to go into shock and thus miscarry? Any thoughts?

Also, what about a woman who has been put on bedrest, and has been medically advised to not stand any more than necessary lest she lose her baby? Can you make that diagnoses just by looking at her?

Molly Ren

Brandon’s line of reasoning seems to be this:

1.) You can’t expect anyone NOT to be an asshole

2.) Women who get pregnant will be treated assholeishly by Brandon

3.) Women should not expect to be treated any better by anyone, ever (see point 1). Because they *chose* to get pregnant, see? And pointing out when someone is doing something wrong is going to make your life much, much worse in the long run than pointing out Brandon is being a dick to you!

Maybe Brandon will see how this is a bad argument if we apply it to other situations:

1.) You can’t expect anyone NOT to be an asshole

2.) Women who are black will never be given seats on buses by people who are assholes.

3.) Black women should not expect to be treated any better by anyone, ever (see point 1). Plus, pointing out when someone is doing something wrong is going to make your life much, much worse in the long run than pointing out someone is denying you a seat based on your race!

Or how about this one:

1.) You can’t expect anyone NOT to be an asshole

2.) Children who are perceived as gay in school are often bullied viciously and driven to depression.

3.) Children should not expect to be treated any better by anyone, ever (see point 1). Because they *chose* to act gay, see? And pointing out when someone is doing something wrong is going to make your life much, much worse in the long run than pointing out that someone is being homophobic!

Viscaria
Viscaria

…And then you guys make me happy about humanity again! Yay you guys! <3

Molly Ren

Cuz, it’s not like pointing out people are being dicks was ever the first step in *changing the way people view women and minorities*, or anything like that. No way! All those suffragetes and freedom riders and LGBTQ clubs would have actually had *much* better lives if they didn’t say anything about how they were being treated at all!

pillowinhell

Um. That should have been that women with twisted and sprained limbs….need more coffee. 🙂

pillowinhell

I think that maybe Brandon is just angry that his passive aggressive behaviour towards women isn’t as undetectable as he thinks it is. Why else does he keep coming back here?

Dracula
Dracula

Wow. Your seething contempt for women is really shining though here. Or at least, for women who make choices you disagree with for no adequately explored reason. I mean seriously, by refusing to give up a seat for someone who cannot stay standing for extended periods without risking their health, you are not simply failing to act. You’re actively making the choice to increase another human being’s discomfort and risk of injury. And this you call morally neutral?

You think it’s not obvious you’re doing this out of spite? Your bratty teenager tone betrays you.

Do you… do you enjoy making a fool of yourself?

Brandon

@Pillow: There are transportation services for people that are disabled so they do not have to ride conventional transportation (such as the MBTA’s The Ride). They get picked up and dropped off without them standing in the subway or at a bus stop nor are they placed in a position where they would hurt themselves (standing up on a bus). So maybe they should be proactive about their own safety instead of demanding others to take care of it for them.

If a pregnant woman was told to remain in bed by a doctor…then why is she willingly endangering herself by taking public transportation?

Molly Ren

DO YOU THINK GAY KIDS SHOULD JUST STOP ACTING GAY, BRANDON? CUZ YOU CAN’T DO ANYTHING ABOUT ASSHOLES, AMIRITE?

pillowinhell

First Brandon, special transportation services are not well advertised. Also, they often don’t run in a convenient or timely manner. I know this because I spent ten years working with physically disabled children and adults. Getting on the listing of people allowed to use those services is rather time consuming, and that is assuming that the city you live in has any sort of budget for providing those services.

Many pregnant women cannot afford cab fare to get to their doctors appointments and their doctor is too far for them to walk. Hence the need to travel by bus. She’s not ill enough to justify a hospital stay and so she is sent home.

ithiliana

Brandon: Choosing to be an asshole!

He wears his assholeishness proudly.

Brandon

@Dracula: Only in a feminist world does being treated the same as everyone else equate to contempt.

If you like, we can place feminist stickers on active feminists so I can mock them when they take public transportation. If you do that…I will give my seat up to anyone who asks. Even rich white dudes.

Also, if a pregnant woman ASKED me for my seat, I would most likely get up. It’s the notion that I should automatically get up without being asked that annoys me. What if she is perfectly fine with standing or sees it as an insult if I just got up.

What I find funny is that the commenters here are all about using the “nice and polite” card. But they never see all the times where men have been shouted at by being “nice and polite”.

Do you know how many times I have been given dirty looks and yelled at for holding a door open for a woman? A lot. Over time, I just stopped opening doors for women. They mostly yelled at me about being “strong and capable” to open a door. They saw it as me being condescending and seeing them as weak, when all I was trying to do was be nice.

So being an asshole is learned behavior based on how people (in this case women since I have never been yelled at by a man for holding a door for them) react to what you do for them. In the end, people avoid confrontation…and who knows how that pregnant woman will react if I offer my seat to her. If she asks, then that tells me she isn’t going to flip the fuck out at me if I get up since she asked me for it.

1 3 4 5 6 7 11