antifeminism evil women hypocrisy I'm totally being sarcastic idiocy masculinity MGTOW MGTOW paradox misandry misogyny oppressed men PUA

Some of those video game princesses ain’t so Peachy

Why can't they all be like Princess Peach?

It’s almost impossible to catalogue all the ways men are oppressed by women in contemporary gynocratic society. There are so many! For example, did you know that men are oppressed by female characters in video games? I know, right? The last bastion of red-blooded manliness, invaded by imaginary ladies!

Luckily, the fellows at MGTOWforums.com are on the case, exposing this foul virtual misandry. I Am started off a recent discussion on the subject by asking

WTF is with empowered women in video games now? …

I see a new trend in the video/computer game world and that is the increase in strong playable female characters.

Now, I am no hardcore gamer but I do play computer games often and the recent one I have been playing recently is Shogun 2 total war. Now for those who don’t know what this game is, it is a strategy game based on the military of feudal Japan. I recently bought an upgrade for the game the other day and guess what one of the strongest military units was? Nuns. I shit you not. The nuns had an attack 20% -40% higher than most units in the game. Somehow I doubt that in real life a nun would have swung a sword or used a spear faster and harder than a feudal warlord, and this game was based on history.

Clearly nuns are incapable of manlike swordplay, though it is true that they are capable reenacting famous internet panda sneeze videos. (I have seen video proof of this.) But Shogun 2 does not depict them sneezing like pandas. It depicts them fighting.

This is an outrage because video games are meant to be a perfectly accurate reflection of reality.  Obviously there is nothing even slightly unrealistic about any of this:

Most of us dudes are in fact capable of karate-chopping heads in two. We just don’t like to show off all the time.

I think I have the right to ask steam and other gaming companes: WTF with the subliminal brainwashing? What now when I buy or play a game women will be doing all the ass kicking? …

I call bullshit on this subject. Video games are the last place for guys to hang out and now women are taking over. Why not just save us the trouble and instead of eliminating our fantasy world just throw us in work camp to provide for thier bastard children (literally speaking) while they shit all over us…wait they already do that.

I Am is not the only dude who’s noticed this alarming femtrend. Goldenfetus added his observations:

I’ve noticed this too, and it drives me insane. Was co-oping Gears 3 last month and there’s a point where 2nd player has to take over a female character. Almost ruined the game for me. It may seem minor, but once you’re aware of this type of brainwashing it’s impossible to ignore. There’s no way a slim female could keep up with the massive battle-hardened male Gears in that kind of environment. They would be a liability as they are in real life combat.

Exactly! By contrast, the male characters in Gears of War 3 are all completely accurate representations of real-world men.

This is what dudes look like, for real.

Goldenfetus continued:

You’ll see the same thing in most stat-based role-playing games as well, where you have the option of a female player character – like Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Mass Effect, Dragon Age, D&D, etc. The women never have any strength or intelligence penalties compared to the males. … They want to give the impression that people of any race, gender, and sexual-orientation are interchangeable – that there are no differences in ability between them, and that only a bigot could think otherwise. I’m sick of it too.

At the very least, female characters should be depicted as carriers of cooties.

Despite the very serious subject matter – video game misandry is never funny! – Xtc tried to lighten the mood with a little humor:

It would be hilarious to portray the female characters realistically. If you chose the female character in your FPS [First Person Shooter] she would have to move very slowly, dragging the gun around. You could build in some extra shake to the crosshairs to represent hopeless accuracy. Every time you needed to reload your gun, instead of just pressing a button, you’d have to find a male character and go through some flirting dialogue options to persuade him to do it for you. One out of every four missions the game would tell you that you were sitting out this one due to ‘women’s issues’.

Calloway, for his part, offered some historical perspective:

This is nothing new. I got heavy into gaming back in the late 90’s and even back then they had Tomb Raider, S.I.N., etc. Even in the original Unreal, you played as a big-breasted female.

I saw a documentary on the making of the original Tomb Raider once. The lead character, Lara Croft, was originally going to be a man. They saw him as an Indiana Jones-type character. Then, one of the designers suggested it be a woman because “if you’re going to be playing a game for hours, you might as well have something good to look at”. …

When you first take the red pill, it’s amazing the things you see. It’s as if you had blinders on before, and all of sudden they’ve been removed, allowing you to actually understand what you’ve been seeing.

Yep. And what you’ve been seeing is Lara Croft’s ass. Lara Croft’s ass oppresses men! The red pill tells me so!

Also, those tiny misandrist shorts just make the gynpression worse.

Now we come to the clincher.

When you try to get romantic with the imaginary ladies in video games, they don’t act like Roissy and those dudes say ladies act. I mean, you can’t even neg them! As Dave sadly pointed out:

I remember about 12 years ago playing the Baldur’s Gate rpg series and there were some romance dialog paths between your character and some of the women who could join your group but you had to treat them very nice. You couldn’t give them any attitude or make fun of them otherwise it would be over.

Basically you have to be a total mangina towards women in most games if you want to bed them.

Even imaginary ladies are stuck up bitches!

The horror!

I had a

Dracula
Dracula

Sorry if I’m belaboring the point here, but Meller has actually stated that modern women are less intelligent than dolls because they (women) can think. In other words, women are unintelligent because they’re intelligent.

There’s not a shred of reason blowing around in that skull of his.

Rutee Katreya

No one seems to have told Koei (company that makes the Dynasty/Samurai Warriors games) that, since that’s literally the whole premise.

Even if Liu Bei, the Sun family, etc, had the best movesets (and they don’t XD), Koei already knows; the War stat (represents actual ability to personally beat the everliving shit out of people) of leaders in Rot3K, Nobunaga’s Ambition and the like is almost always hideously low, something like a 50-60 on a 100 point scale. Some have great Leadership (Tactical ability), but the only truly common attribute among the ones who will (usually) last is Charisma.

In other words, they already know, they just *don’t care*. It’s kind of hilarious, because they actually are really good at researching history, then throwing out the research in the name of awesome XD

Kollege Messerschmitt

@Molly Ren

Darn it, now I will not be able to rest until I own a fox ear hat. I don’t care if I look stupid in it!

This is sorta late, but anyway:
I don’t think it’s possible to look stupid in fox hats – after all,aren’t foxes said to be smart and cunning?
Also, there are hippo hats 😀 With convenient sun screen teeth!

@Myoo

Don’t be silly, only cat hats are fluffy!!! Foxes are wild and treacherous, much like modern women(?). Why do you think some women(?) are called “foxes” sometimes???? To ask the question is to answer it!!!!!!!!!!!

Indeed, you are correct ):
And kitties who dare act in a cat like, or even wild, manner are actually not behaving in an appropriate fluffy way!!!!!
Though both, kitties and foxies, tend to make rather uncouth noises.

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

“He doesn’t even understand how cats work.”

Or dogs, or politics, or philosophy, or Hello Kitty, or fashion, or…

Is there anything that Meller actually has a good solid working understanding of? If there is we’ve yet to see any evidence of it.

Pecunium

I think he’s managed a good explication of the problems of the KKK; but he’s used it to the wrong ends.

Pam

Yes, seems that their motives are still pure, it’s just that their methods need revamping.

Pecunium

Right… which tells us a lot about Meller, Mellibertopia, and, “meritocracy”.

Because we all know that white men are best.

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

Actually my favorite example of MellerLogic is the notion that Real Women are naturally submissive and fluffy and therefore women who are non-submissive and non-fluffy are unnatural abominations, and yet women need extensive training in order to be made properly submissive and fluffy.

Pecunium

Cassandra: That’s because women have no real brains to speak of, so the mutants who created feminism have managed to use the natural affinity of one sex to itself to twist the natural women into trying to be feminists; which has made them miserable and brought the world to it’s present mess; with black people, and brown people and women all being told they are entitled to secure the same rights as White Men.

It’s perverse, and unless it’s reversed, only blood can cleanse the world and usher in the proper meritocracy of White Men.

Pam

And how his rationalization hamster will spin when cis-hetero white men take over the world…and “meritocracy” still eludes them.

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

You know, we should really urge Meller to write science fiction. It could serve as a valuable source of historical information about sexism (since stories tend to last longer than non-fiction, since more people enjoy reading them) once men like him have finally all died out a few generations from now.

Shadow
Shadow

how his rationalization hamster will spin

Poor bastard. And I say that confident in the knowledge that Meller would never let a hamsteress up inside his head. Just another case of male hamster disposability!!! This is why I take my red pill, so that I may stand staunchly in opposition to the female hamster gynocracy! Give me rule by penis or death!!

Kyrie
Kyrie

I don’t think I would enjoy reading Meller’s fiction.

Pecunium

Kyrie: I don’t think I would enjoy reading Meller’s fiction.

It hasn’t impressed me much so far.

David K. Meller
David K. Meller

Beam me up, Scotty!

No intelligent life down here! Just evidence of a loudly buzzing, hate-filled feminist (or is it fem-Borg) hive mind!

Modern “women?” Are they really female? Are they even human? Your guess is as good as mine!

Don’t have to worry about “reading Meller’s fiction”. Manboobz.com supplies more than enough of its own, courtesy of its very own posts from manboobzers, and manboobzettes!
Happy scribbling…

zhinxy

Awwww, you aren’t even trying anymore, Meller-Sensei.

Amused

Are they even human?

Aww, that’s so cute.

Shorter DKM:

Having no refutation, I will resort to feeble insults.

David K. Meller
David K. Meller

ALL of my posts (and quite a few others) are refutations of your points and issues. I just can’t compete with, and don’t really want to, feminist hate-noise and endless repetitions of Meller-hate. All right, you don’t like me very much, so the feeling is mutual. I still think that feminists and modern women are garbage, and you are still a bunch of feminists and over-educated, pushy, bitter, aggressive, utterly unfeminine, if not sexually neuter, modern women–cute fluffy headwear notwithstanding–with no more capacity to attract men than a more-or-less attractive potted plant!

Oh, but don’t let the above bother you. They are just “feeble insults”! One more case what happens when women are taught to read and write, and not worth a real man’s attention!

Pecunium

I take it the comments are getting to him. The usual flow of fantasist musing on the future, when women are soft, and fluffy, little slave girls who like to be beaten; and men only do it out of justifiable frustration, is a little lacking.

Shadow
Shadow

Exactly!!! If you harpies didn’t know how to read all of that would just be incredibly intimidating squiggles!!!

Pam

Yes, I definitely noticed that!

Oh, but don’t let the above bother you.

Oh, believe me, it doesn’t! It DID, however, make me laugh my fucking ass off!!

And…..well….. where’s the meritocracy in all of that?

Pecunium

Meller: Wait… are you saying that if we get more focused; if we can compose a better argument we might be blessed with a Real Man, rather than making do with you?

Oh Frabjous Day! What a thing to look forward to. I never thought that, in my lifetime, I would get to see the writings of an actual, Real Man.

I have something to look forward to, then I can die happy.

Pam

Do you think I was a little over-the-top with my “feeble insults” comment?

Shadow
Shadow

@Pam

Definitely over-the-top. “Feeble” implies some signs of life. His insults show as much indication of life as his “women”.

Dracula
Dracula

Beam me up, Scotty!

A minor point, but I hate this phrase, because nobody on Star Trek ever actually said it.

Again with the “feminists can’t attract men” shit. Show me the evidence, guy.

Pam

Again with the “feminists can’t attract men” shit.

Meaning that feminists can’t attract Real Men (TM)…. y’know…. like him.

Dracula
Dracula

I’m not even sure what Meller’s standards for “real men” are. They seem to consist of nothing more than contempt for women.

Pecunium

Dracula: NO! They consist of a LOVE for, REAL WOMEN!, who enjoy pleasing their men and managing the house and don’t worry about how he spends his time in the Houses of Entertainment.

They don’t even WANT to be educated, lest they become, OVEREDUCATED, MAN-HATING TERMAGANTS, who think men ought to be punished for exercising the natural dominance which is their MANLY duty.

They will also, from time to time, ask to be shown how much they are loved by doing things which require a corrective beating, reluctantly administered by the gentle, but firm, hands of that REAL MAN, who will be circumspect in all his business dealings, even with the colored folks who come into town for the day to do business; before they leave to go to the colored towns (where they have naturally congregated).

And then he retires to his home to contemplate his Little Lady Lovelies and his GOLD collection.

zhinxy

“ALL of my posts (and quite a few others) are refutations of your points and issues.”

Err, no, not really.

Really, no., XD

hellkell
hellkell

What’s a Real Man to you, Meller?

Rutee Katreya

I know it’s gauche but…

are you just jealous that of the two of us, only I can attract a woman, Meller? It’s okay if you’re jealous.

Ami Angelwings

David K. Meller | January 18, 2012 at 2:29 pm

Beam me up, Scotty!

Happy scribbling…

Did you just admit defeat? o_O

You’re GIVING UP MELLER? But but… you can’t lose to a woman! XD

I guess that we are human, what’s your guess?

Wanna bet real money? 😀

Ami Angelwings

Awwww… you say the sweetest things <3

I still love how I'm the exception to your hate.

I hope you bought a nice ring for your proposal… remember, even though I'm a cabbit, I want karats, not carrots 😀

ithiliana

@CassandraSays: I r confuzed. I thought DKM was writing fiction!

We should keep a tally of how many times Meller refers to men as owners of women. It’s 2 as of me starting to count right now.

ithiliana

DKM: The THIRD version I’ve found for you. It’s our theme song, babeee!

Pecunium

Ami: You’re GIVING UP MELLER? But but… you can’t lose to a woman! XD

Or worse, a RENEGADE MALE!

Dracula
Dracula

Or worse, a RENEGADE MALE!

Do renegade male get plumed hats and capes? Because that’s how it always looks in my head. Kind of a Zorro/Scarlet Pimpernel thing.

KathleenB
KathleenB

Meller: You say I can’t get a man because I’m a hateful, over-educated modern woman. But I’d be willing to bet that I’m a million times happier with my husband, cats, and nearby family who loves me than you are with your doll collection. And neither MrB nor the cats want me to be a full time submissive!

Pecunium

KathleenB: Are you sure about the cats?

Being a renegade male is bad because you have to kill both the sheriff and the outlaws. No wonder Meller doesn’t want to be one.

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

“At least the potted plant however, would be quiet, and wouldn’t argue with its owner, still less post hateful statements!”

So in your mind you are the owner of the women on this blog, and we are therefore arguing with our owner – how dare we! – and posting hateful statements without proper permission?

I think your pschological meltdown is accelerating.

Kyrie
Kyrie

No katz, you see it the wrong way: you can shoot on everybody! On the sheriff last, preferably, but still. And you can pretend you’re a deputy.

Sorka
Sorka

Are you talking about that awesome Italian card game?

I want to play it now!

Kyrie
Kyrie

It used to be “Wanted”, which was much cooler, I don’t know why they changed the name.

Kyrie
Kyrie

Though I must say the new box is quite fun. And it’s still a good game.

Pecunium

Kyrie: They changed the name because France was the only place it was ever called Wanted.

Nezumi
Nezumi

Erm… I know I’m coming to this discussion really late, but I have to point out that the only major female character in S.I.N. was the villain. On top of that, Unreal actually let you select from multiple characters, both male and female, for the single player. A female character was the default, and earlier plans for the game would have had you playing exclusively as a female character — there’s still a few artifacts of that in the game with regard to the Nali prophecies regarding your character — but it still wasn’t forced on you.

1 10 11 12