douchebaggery men who should not ever be with women ever misogyny precious bodily fluids rapey reddit that's not funny!

The most appalling rage comic ever?

I present to you: the most appalling rage comic I’ve ever seen. And that’s even if the story it tells — one of a very bad romantic breakup — isn’t true. (Which I really, really hope is the case.) How bad is the comic? Even the denizens of r/fffffffuuuuuuuuuuuu, Reddit’s home for horrible rage comics, found it a bit distasteful. (Though this evidently didn’t stop all that many of them from upvoting it.)

Just so you know, when the dude in the comic refers to ‘karma,” he’s saying that if he gets upvotes for this comic, he’ll put the videos in question online.

Yeah, it’s that kind of breakup. So here’s the comic. TRIGGER WARNING for really really assholish behavior and nonconsensual sexual exploitation.

From Reddit.

Found via the always awesome ShitRedditSays.

hellkell
hellkell

But Cassandra, growing up is haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaard.

Eneya

Simon, when have I ever told you that you can’t comment?
As far as I recall, I said that according to your comments it looks like you could be missing part of conversation or meanings. Yes, I make mistakes as well… I think I even said I do that.
If the issue is not with the language barrier, I honestly struggle to understand the whole “but what is wrong to call people sluts” conversation.
Geez, trash me for something that I have actually said, OK?

Holly Pervocracy

Actually, isn’t it simpler to just say “people love people.”?

A little oversimplified maybe, but if you demand simplicity at the expense of reality, can’t beat that. And now you just need Prom Royalty.

darksidecat

Appeal to nature fallacy is a fallacy.

Molly Ren

Siomon wrote, “To make it clear, I never in my life understood the nasty sort of homophobia like in Jamaica (because even if you think homosexuality is a defect, why should one be so incredibly hateful? That’s just as totally absurd as the desire to lynch a color blind person.), but I can at least empathize a bit with people who think ‘Lesbian couple at the prom…? No, that goes to far!’.”

Simon, if you don’t think people with disabilities get flack for being who they are, you might want to Google “ableism” or “disability discrimination”.

Also, lynchings occurred in the same environment where a certain kind of person couldn’t go to the prom… or drink from the same water fountain… or attend the same schools. If you *don’t* feel afraid of a certain type of person, why you you need to draw lines around them anyway?

Molly Ren

Also, crap, that was supposed to be “Simon”. Sorry.

Kyrie
Kyrie

If you like simple ways to look at the world, let me offer you one: what hurt people, especially innocent people, is a bad thing.
Compare your discomfort (that you can learn to get rid of) with the pain you cause when you stop the lesbian couple to come at prom, or let them know you don’t want them to be here.

@Ray Percival:

“but I can at least empathize a bit with people who think “Mixed Race couple at the prom…? No, that goes to far!”.”

There is no difference between these two statements. Up to and including the justifications used by bigots who support both statements.

That’s a very bad analogy. The sex of a human is very different from his ‘race’. For example, sex-separated toilets are not comparable to Jim Crow segregation.

Dracula
Dracula

Simon: We aren’t talking about people’s sex, we’re talking about sexual orientation. How did you get to gendered bathrooms from there? If we had “queers only” bathrooms, then what you’re saying might make sense.

Simon

It’s about the sex, not the sexual orientation.

Molly Ren

Simon: you can’t make the connection between barring two groups of people from the prom because they’re both “different”?

Molly Ren

“No, Dracula, look at the original analogy. You are not excluded from prom because you are a lesbian but you can’t bring your girlfriend with you, you have to find a boy.
It’s about the sex, not the sexual orientation.”

Yeah, and that’s a form of discrimination that sucks donkey balls.

Dracula
Dracula

Sorry Simon, but no. Do not try to tell me that “You can come, you just have to pretend not to be you.” isn’t excluding people. If it were just about sex, then gay males wouldn’t excluded either.

ithiliana

@SImon: after a couple of your last comments, esp. about how you were raised, I was starting to feel some sympathy for you.

YOu just pissed all that away by coming in with this bullshit again.

And newsflash: after a certain age, you don’t get to blame your parents for you being a shitheel. If you’re an adult, you can make your own decisions and work out your own values if the ones you have aren’t making you happy (which clearly they aren’t).

And while comparing racial discrimination with any other discrimination is a very problematic analogy, both you and Ray P are doing it: Ray is saying they’re more similar than different; you’re saying they’re more different.

And again, you both are totally erasing any people of color who might ALSO be gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, so stfu.

Hide and Seek
Hide and Seek

It’s about the sex, not the sexual orientation.”

Actually, that’s about gender. The lesbian girl can take a whomever she wants to prom as long as that person *looks* enough like a boy to pass initial inspection. SInce her date isn’t being elected Pope, it’s unlikely the prom authorities are going to check for primary sex characteristics.

Dracula
Dracula

I feel that should read “…isn’t excluding people [based on their sexual orientation.]” Much clearer that way.

Molly Ren

Hide and Seek, since this still leaves out all the queers that can’t “pass”, I don’t see how this matters. It’s still discrimination, whether or not you cross-dress or genderfuck your fashion.

Lauralot
Lauralot

Simon: Would you be all right with asexuals being barred from attending a prom? After all, they’re another orientation that’s cluttering up the simplicity of the world. And if not, why? Because they’re not bumping uglies in a way that makes you uncomfortable?

Improbable Joe
Improbable Joe

You know what sounds simple to me? Not giving a crap about other people and their behavior if it is none of your business. If you can’t be a decent human being, Simon, at least learn to be an indifferent one. You don’t have to be comfortable around LGBTQIA people (Did I miss any?) but you need to learn that your discomfort is YOUR problem and not theirs. Their right to live their lives as they see fit, even in public and in front of your delicate eyes, absolutely a million times trumps your desire to not be made to feel uncomfortable. Get over yourself, your precious Victorian sensibilities aren’t anyone else’s concern but your own, up to the point that you open your mouth or start typing about how they should dictate how other people behave.

Hide and Seek
Hide and Seek

Molly Ren:

That’s what I’m saying, it’s still discrimination. But Simon said it wasn’t “sex” discrimination because the girl could always go to the prom with a boy. And I said it was “gender” discrimination, because the girl could go to the prom with anyone who looked like a boy, just like in places which do not condone interracial dating the students are allowed to date anyone who *looks* white.

My point was that it is an arbitrary standard.

@Kyrie:

Simon, what you are clling simple is, I think, disney movie-like. It’s ok to enjoy them as long as you remember they’re not reality. It’s not ok at all to refuse lesbian at a prom because that hurt them, and it lead to other form of discrimination, including violence. That is an hateful thing to do (it is this kind of that lead queer teenagers much more often to suicide) and you don’t seem hateful, only in pain, scared and lost.

Yes, I think that’s a good argument and also one that’s probably more effective to persuade people. I wouldn’t want to exclude someone exactly because of that reason, sexual orientation seems just to be a very important part of ones identity and if you look at the consequences of that exclusion, you are right that they can be very bad. But I just have to admit, that I think that there’s no right for equal treatment in those cases. There are thousands of examples where people who have peculiar and uncommon preferences just can’t demand that the majority does everything to adjust itself to them. Especially if it’s some kind of “ritual” like in the case of prom night.

@CassandraSays:

Simon, stop being a self-centered child. I don’t care if my existence makes your life less “simple”. There are millions of not-straight people in the world, and your they have just as much right to exist as you do. Grow up and deal with it.

I found this blog entry from Fidelbogen “Do you, as a feminist, recognise the right to existence of people who are not feminists?” and his “oh, that’s so deeeep and reaches into many corners” talk one of the most ridiculous things I’ve ever read. But now if you argue that just because somebody says “Couples at prom night have to be a boy and a girl and nothing else, that’s our rule” he denies your right to exist… well, pompous doofus? 😉

Molly Ren

Hide and Seek: OH! That makes more sense. XD

Moewicus
Moewicus

It’s about the sex, not the sexual orientation.

You do see how complicated you’re making this, right?

Molly Ren

Moewicus: Simon’s idea of “simple” is getting more complicated by the second…

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

Simon, you’re really not doing a good job of selling this idea that the world should accomodate your desire for “simplicity” by hiding the queers from you.

It would really be much simpler to just let everyone go to prom with whoever they want.

MissPrism

I vaguely recognise quite a few of the drawings in this craptoon. Besides his evident lack of humour, perspective, punctuational aptitude and basic human decency, our artiste is also somewhat short of talent and originality.

kirbywarp
kirbywarp

@Simon:

“There are thousands of examples where people who have peculiar and uncommon preferences just can’t demand that the majority does everything to adjust itself to them. Especially if it’s some kind of “ritual” like in the case of prom night.”

O_O I just don’t understand you at all. How is it that something like prom night is absolutely ruined if all the pairings aren’t girl-boy? How is it that two girls or two boys going together is so horrifying that it causes you (hypothetically), one pair in hundreds, to have a ruined night?

What could a gay couple possibly do that forces you to “adjust” to their pairing? You might have to think about gay couples as existing? Sorry, but in this argument, you are absolutely done. Gay couples aren’t “demand[ing] that the majority” does anything special. If you are so offended at what other people are attracted to, that is your fault, not theirs.

MissPrism

I think coffee is too complicated. All these what-d’you-ma-chinos and lattes with spicy syrup and different fattinesses of milk! Argh!

Everyone should have Tetley tea, white one sugar, and not be allowed coffee however much they like it, because the wide new world of possibilities disturbs me.

MissPrism

And you know what else is too complicated? Dogs. Why should there be west highland terriers AND scotties AND Dalmatians AND old English sheepdogs with their confusing diversity? No dogs should be allowed except beagles, and if any other breeds absolutely have to exist they certainly shouldn’t be allowed in the dog park with the normal dogs (which are beagles because I said so).

kirbywarp
kirbywarp

Also, if you really want to appeal to nature, apparently animals will fuck anything that moves when given the chance.

If you wanted to be technical though, you could apply your “the majority trait is the one endorsed by nature” to show that any recessive trait is wrong. But as with ethics, holding the majority doesn’t justify it’s moral value.

FelixBC
FelixBC

Is it sad that I don’t find this particularly bad? After so much MRAL, and Brandon, and DKM, and NWO, with their gashes and chains and cameras and delusions, this just seems par for the course. Back when MRAL was identifying the left eyeball in particular to gouge out, I would have been more surprised.

MissPrism

And another thing which needs simplifying because I am very very stupid is the night sky. There are stars and planets and even that is a bit much but then there is some stupid moon! And satellites! And sometimes comets! I demand that these unusual and unnatural sky objects be shot down or an opaque roof installed over the entire sky because I personally cannot cope with complex concepts like having to put my socks on before my shoes.

kirbywarp
kirbywarp

@FelixBC:

We’ve been prepped by Simon to accept that there are people who video tape things that should be private for the sole intent of blackmail. I think we’ve become a bit desensitized to immoral and assholish behavior…

You know what actually happens literally in the comic though?

Guy has long distance relationship, senses they will break up. Guy is horrified that sex might not happen, and so proceeds to sex and finish in a stereotypically humiliating way. Girl breaks up, guy is so heart-broken (despite only caring about one more sex before) that he offers to put up videos of sex online.

It’s actually quite terrible when you don’t read in-between the lines…

Kyrie
Kyrie

Simon, the gender of the people you love and/or want to have sex with is not a “peculiar and uncommon preference”. Therefore it should not be treated as such.
These couple exists, right now, all over the world. You can wish as much as you want they should not, that wont change a thing. They exist, and their existence is not hurting anybody, while many think that the fact both persons have the same gender is ground to make their life miserable by harassing them, excluding them, mocking them, assaulting them, etc

Being homophobic, or not, is a very important choice you must make. It is one of many that will contribute to make you, or not, a decent and respectful human being.

It is not a morally neutral subject on which you can endlessly debate: respect is not optional. I understand you have issues with the complexity of the world but you must stop to hope it will disappear and learn to deal with your issues. For your own sake and the sake of anybody you will meet in your life.

Moewicus
Moewicus

I missed this gem by skimming Simon’s post. Seriously, Simon, when two girls show up to a Prom together, what accommodations must the majority of people there make in order for the two girls to dance around a bit and have fun? The greater adjustment, as should be obvious, is refusing to let them participate.

Nobody's Girl
Nobody's Girl

Improbably Joe–you missed “unsure” which can easily be remedied by remembering, QUILTBAG! No problem really, I just like to share my favorite acronym.

Viscaria
Viscaria

I feel like life would be a lot simpler if traits I hold and decisions I make were considered the gold standard in human behaviour. I would never have to worry that I’d taken the wrong side on an issue, I’d never have to learn anything or feel shame or remorse… Straight, lesbian, and gay people are totally free to only want to be with either men or women, they just wouldn’t be as valued by society as I would be. Zero effort for me!

@MissPrism:

The right analogy would be: “Why can’t I have coffee at this Japanese tea ceremony?!” 😉

ithiliana

@Simplesimon:

Again, wrong, wrong, wrong.

In the United States, if tax money is being used to fund, say, public schools (and their rituals), then there is in fact a fucking right to equal treatment (though sexual identity is not always recognized as one of the categories covered, but that can change).

And here’s the story of how one school thought it would be so simple to ban a lesbian couple, and how they ended up being sued, and it making nationwide news.

My own take: I never went to a prom in my life, never would, think they’re ridiculous. Ditto football games. But if tax money is supporting the system that has these rituals, then in the US, they don’t get to discriminate without any repercussions these days.

Moewicus:

You don’t understand what rituals mean for humans, rituals make them feel secure in a chaotic world, give them a sense of continuity and stability.

Viscaria
Viscaria

Wait, proms and grads are ceremonies all about being straight? I thought they were about students graduating high school. My bad?

Kyrie
Kyrie

@Simon, no, your analogy isn’t better. The only point of a tea ceremony is to enjoy tea, while the only point of a prom is not to parade with somebody from the other gender. In the case of a tea ceremony, asking for a coffee would be disrespectful, just as asking the lesbian couple to leave is disrespectful.
Please don’t turn yourself into a troll, you seem capable of more than that. Don’t argue for the sake of arguing, go find a shrink, a friend, a book or whatever can help you.
If you find two girls having a drink and a dance together horrible, the problem isn’t them, it is your feeling.

Dracula
Dracula

Because they’re irrational, spiteful assholes who are terrified of change even when it’s no threat to them. Lousy excuse, if you ask me.

Improbable Joe
Improbable Joe

Maybe if all lesbians were required by genetics and law to go to the prom in giant stretch SUV limos, with a 50-person entourage. Then at least there would be a parking issue that could be rationally discussed as a downside to their prom attendance.

Kyrie
Kyrie

Simon,
Allowing same sex couple in rituals does not destroy the rituals.
Allowing lgbtetc people in rituals does not destroy the rituals.
(unless the ritual is about excluding lgbtetc people, in which case you should destroy the ritual anyway

People are more important than rituals, however comforting these can be. You spoke of right earlier. There is no right to be protected from ever be afraid. The action of the the people you quoted are vile and should not be an example for your life. Angry/scared people become mean, so what, they should get what they want?

@ithiliana:

YOu just pissed all that away by coming in with this bullshit again.

I’m sorry, I hope that you at least acknowledge that I don’t say things like “I’m proud to feel disgusted by homosexuals and bisexuals” like nwoslave or even worse things like David K. Meller.
I just said, that I feel some sympathy for people who have problems to change their traditions or “rituals” that are built around the attraction between male and female humans. Is that sooooo bad?
I didn’t even say that I want to exclude anyone!

Yes, but he came up with this comparison.

What does this have to do with the claim that sex and race can’t be compared.

There are thousands regulations which are sex-based that can’t be explained by the biological differences of the male and female body (like everything which has to do something about pregnancy) and are nothing but traditions, yet nobody, NOBODY, cares about them. You aren’t allowed to have long hair in most armies of the world as a male but you are mostly as a female. This is nothing but tradition. People would laugh at you if you wanted to change this. But what an outcry would you expect for example if the army would order blacks to completely shave their heads while whites can wear a nice haircut?

Molly Ren

“Why do you think, that people get so enraged by the thought of a lesbian couple at prom that they set up a fake prom to fool them?”

Um, Simon? That actually happened.

Molly Ren

“There are thousands regulations which are sex-based that can’t be explained by the biological differences of the male and female body (like everything which has to do something about pregnancy) and are nothing but traditions, yet nobody, NOBODY, cares about them.”

Except, ya know, queer people. And trans people. And feminists.

Actually, I’m starting to wonder if Simon is more self-aware than he lets on. The “fake prom” comment was just too perfect. Maybe he is a class of graduate students?

Simon

Yes, I knew it happened, Molly, that’s why I used it as an example, and I find it so extreme, I have no words.

Need to know

Simon- ” But I just have to admit, that I think that there’s no right for equal treatment in those cases. There are thousands of examples where people who have peculiar and uncommon preferences just can’t demand that the majority does everything to adjust itself to them.”

So, whether or not other human beings- no, wait, not enough emphasis there- OTHER HUMAN BEINGS have the right to equal treatment depends on whether or not they conform to majority preferences? That’s appalling.