antifeminism misogyny rapey reddit that's not funny! violence against men/women woman's suffrage

“Hit her back, she gets to vote.” More wisdom from Reddit.

What the fuck is wrong with Reddit these days? Today, the denizens of AskReddit are debating the topic: Is it wrong to hit a woman? You can probably figure out what the consensus is. (Hint: Two letter word, starts with N.) What’s especially striking is how, well, gleeful the discussion is. Redditor after Redditor weighs in with the exact same opinion on the subject; others reply with jokey assent; everybody gets upvotes, sometimes hundreds of them. This exchange captures some of the flavor of the, er, “discussion” there:

From AskReddit.

These aren’t people arguing dispassionately that in the interest of equality we should treat hitting women the same as hitting men, and that ideally no one should be hitting anyone at all. These are guys (mostly) using the topic as an excuse to complain about “bitches” and their rights.

Others, meanwhile, decided to use the topic as masturbation fantasy fodder, suggesting  that the original poster had missed his chance for some hot sex with the woman he slapped. As toothsayer put it:

The single slap is disrespectful, shows that you are pissy bitch, and will not get you laid. However, catching up to her as she is walking away, scooping her up, bending her over the knee and repeatedly spanking that ass would have led to some seriously hard core sex.

47 upvotes for that hilarious suggestion.

Perhaps all of the commenters should simply up and move to Topeka, Kansas, where the city council is considering decriminalizing domestic violence in order to save a few bucks. Seriously.

Note: Once again, I have the fine folks (no sarcasm here; they actually are fine) at ShitRedditSays for pointing this discussion out to me. Here’s the SRS discussion of the whole stinky mess.

I pledge: my next post will have nothing to do with Reddit.

Men's Rights Activist Lieutenant

I’m not interested in hitting anyone. I’m a non-violent person, though if the situation required I would able to defend myself or others given my considerable strength (fact, not bragging).

Men's Rights Activist Lieutenant

Right, but the superior West has clear similarities. Evidence toward one script. Maybe a rough script, but still. Most of the rest of the world sucks ass. Even China kind of blows, although as they begin to follow the US’s superior script they are doing better.

West>the rest, aside from the Middle East>the Middle East

I’m leaving.

Rutee Katreya

He didn’t even say “doing better.” He just said “better.”

Well, he is a racist piece of shit. What were you expecting?

Men's Rights Activist Lieutenant

lol, i’m racist, thanx for the heads-up

“I’m leaving.”

Promise?

hellkell
hellkell

MRAL, your high IQ apparently does not preclude you saying some really stupid shit.

Bye, now.

Rutee Katreya

Evidence toward one script

Go study the history and current socioeconomic conditions of modern-day Britain, Germany, France, Spain, Ireland, Switzerland, Poland, The Netherlands, Denmark, Norway, Finland, and Sweden. Fuck, study the actual history of the USA, as well as Australia and Canada (the latter of which is definitely doing better than the US right now). Like, right the fuck now, you’re an ignoramus. They’re not even close; it’s not a matter of a ‘rough script’.

For fuck’s sake, you actually get really good comparisons when you start comparing Europe to elsewhere. The Spanish Empire’s overexpansion and death by inflation due to new resources aren’t really well paralleled by any other western empire, f’rex. Germany’s unification bears little resemblance to the split of Norway and Sweden, Italy’s unification, or the English conquest of other territories in modern day Britain. There are stronger similarities in culture now, but they hardly took the same path, and even now there are some pretty noteworthy differences. But for similarities elsewhere? Roman and Ottoman Empires, for a start.

Japan and Korea are *doing better than the US*, you little piece of shit. Their people enjoy a higher standard of living, are better educated, make more money, have better health care. China is actually doing worse for its citizens as it adopts free market jackassery, and they have the wealth gap to prove it.

I’m leaving.

Would that you could stay away.

VoiP

KathleenB, you don’t even know what the fuck I look like. In addition to having a high IQ I have high strength.

Yes, but is it over 9000?

CassandraSays

He also has superpowers. And possibly a pet unicorn.

West>the rest, aside from the Middle East>the Middle East

Just so I can focus on something besides the desperate whimpering noise that seems to be coming from the general vicinity of my brain, what the fuck is your major? Where could you learn something this breathtakingly moronic?

If you say “history,” I will murder-suicide us both with my mind.

KathleenB

In addition to having a high IQ

[citation needed]

I have high strength.

If you think strength is everything in any kind of fight, you’ve already lost. Depending on the circumstances, speed and agility can be more important, or using the terrain/surrounding are to your advantage, or just being better armed or smarter than you opponent. And I don’t give a fuck what you look like, my first fencing teacher was barely over five feet and she wiped the list with my jacket on a regular basis. I regularly saw her do the same to men and women of all sizes. She was really, really good.

I’m leaving.

Full marks, stick the landing, etc. Base score 8, he hasn’t even lost his temper.

red_locker

Wasn’t there just a discussion on another article where we discussed the insecurity of guys who boast about being a part of MENSA?

I mean, seriously, did he skip over all of that (because reading it would probably make his blood pressure even higher), or did he just not pay attention?

KathleenB

One… script? WTF? Like handwriting? Money (tho that would be scrip, yes)?

VoiP

One… script? WTF? Like handwriting? Money (tho that would be scrip, yes)?

For script read “guideline,” like the idea that there is one teleological way to Become Modern and only certain groups have made it. I used the term, offhandedly, in my post on the previous page, when I said that the word ‘modernization” is too “script-like.” MRAL, for no reason known to God or science, took that idea and ran with it. Unionically, by all indications.

KathleenB

VoiP: Ah. Trust MRAL to run with something he really doesn’t understand. Like nuclear powered scissors.

VoiP

Like nuclear powered scissors.

Ah, the beautiful, elusive dream. For too long human beings have looked to the stars and dreamed, dreamed of a better world, a shinier, more explosion-rich world, a world where god-fearing, red-blooded men and women could stand up proud and tall, with steel in their spine and self-respect in their hearts and cut things, goddamn it, cut things the way Thor meant for us to cut them: with extreme prejudice.

That day is coming. We can make it happen.

Men's Rights Activist Lieutenant

Nah. The proof is in the pudding.

Also, I have good agility and I was a member of a cross country team, and we sprinted sometimes. I’m fast, dickhead.

About my high IQ, I’m not boasting, it’s simple fact. I was actually tested when younger, and it’s high.

Japan is the exception, they are doing well, but notice for much of their semi-recent history the leaders…. shogun? or whatever…. were actively copying the West, and they admitted as much. They also probably have bigger dicks than most Asians.

KathleenB

VoiP: That might be the funniest thing I’ve read all week.

Magpie
Magpie

One day MRAL should let his real life friends read all his comments here, so they can join in one thundering chorus of “WANKER!”

Really, wouldn’t you cringe if your friends read comments like “I could totally beat up a 5’10” woman”?

Magpie
Magpie

VoiP: Brilliant!

KathleenB

Magpie: I’ve had conversations like that with my friends, but it was for a game – discussing how we could get past a person who was blocking our path. And the height was a secondary consideration to, “Does she look like a fighter? How about a mage, any wands or staves?” (because as every gamer knows: get the mage first!)

Magpie
Magpie

See, if his comment had taken wands or staves into account, it might have looked cool 🙂

Hershele Ostropoler

Slavey:

Everyone here prattles on about me personally as if my mind and actions are an open book

We need to give these numbers. I think “you don’t know what I think, you only know what I say I think” is going to have a fairly low number, I’m pretty sure it’s been used on the Internet for decades.

A note should be added to the feminism section of the Big Book of Larnin’ to the effect that many feminists don’t understand what feminism is, as often as Slavey “corrects” feminists on that subject..

Slavey:

@Holly Pervocracy
“I also think we need to challenge the implication that it’s okay to hit a healthy young guy, for that matter. Identifying as male shouldn’t mean signing up for the Thunderdome.”

You’d have to get rid of […] Title IX and a whole wack of female centric laws for that to happen.

Where in Title IX does it say it’s ok to nonconsensually hit men?

Holly:

NWO always thinks learning things is fucking hilarious.

This explains… really everything.

I think, like Socrates railing against writing, he believes (or poses as believing) that looking a fact up somewhere is somehow different from knowing it, and that “facts” taken from the top of one’s head — or, as it were, further down the anatomy — are superior to those you look up somewhere, even if the former are wrong and the latter are correct. So it’s not that Wikipedia is unreliable, as the Big Book says, it’s that using sources at all is morally deficient, or possibly intellectually dishonest.

Cassandra

OK, now I’m truly lost. Slavey thinks that there’s some sort of conspiracy to hide the true origins of Cyrillic?

I think it’s that there’s a general Trilateral Illuminated Rothchild conspiracy (the Rothschilds are just a red herring) that he’s bravely fighting against. Naturally Manboobzers, as agents of the conspiracy, are trying to discredit him. That’s why we keep claiming he’s wrong about things, and correspondingly why it’s vital that he (find a way to) be right about everything. So having said that Spanish and Russian use the same alphabet, he now has to ensure it’s true, in some way or other, or else the conspiracy wins.

Cassandra:

Fluffy bunnies with vaginas?

Consider the many uses of the word “coney” and homophones thereof.

Pecunium:

his ideas about who women who arouse him, “by flaunting their uncontrolled sexuality” are being cruel for giving men blue balls, and that makes them sluts who are “asking” to be raped (which they totes brought on themselves, so it’s not really rape).

Before I discovered Manboobz I’d have thought anyone sincerely claiming women are literally violating men by being sexually attractive in public was a Poe.

RW:

Thanks for the “idiotic in the extreme”. I truly do feel well blasted and very retarded.

Rutee:

It was some buttons on a shirt. The only justification for violence is the threat of actual violence.

Um, wow. You’re down with “preemptive strikes”?

Magpie
Magpie

Saw a bit on words the other day, the Prof from the Macquarie Dictionary said that ‘bunny’ is a bowdlerised version of ‘cunny’.

Hugh Hefner, being that ancient, knew this already, I guess.

Rutee Katreya

Um, wow. You’re down with “preemptive strikes”?

About the only one I can really justify is “If someone winds up for one of those idiotic bar-room brawl punches, and you are fast enough to hit them before they can hit you, then go for it” On a scale above that, where death is a possibility, not really.

Bagelsan
Bagelsan

“The only justification for violence is the threat of actual violence.”

Um, wow. You’re down with “preemptive strikes”?

If someone cornered me in an isolated place but hadn’t actually started assaulting me yet, or in the case of a home invasion that hadn’t ended in an assault yet… yes? Waiting for someone to shoot you or finish raping you isn’t necessary, I think. There are usually cues that proceed this violence, at which point self-defense is the smart thing to do if possible because you will be in a better (read: less half dead) position to do something. :p

CassandraSays

Going way back to the title here, I wonder if these guys realize how their comments read to other non-insane people. The one in the quote, for example, basically scans as “women being able to vote pisses me off so much that I want to punch them”. I’m guessing what he actually means is that anyone who’s allowed to vote is an equal citizen and this is somehow connected to punching people (which isn’t really legal, but apparently that’s not an issue), but that’s not how it comes across at all.

Bagelsan
Bagelsan

Ooh yeah, he could totally beat a woman up. He could beat her up so hard. His right hand and forearm are especially strong, in fact. What a firm manly grip! Yeah, feminists, tell him what a terrible person is, yeah, he likes that.

CassandraSays

Now now, Bagelsan. Don’t you know MRAL is left handed and that’s part of why women won’t respond to his greetings in elevators with spontaneous offers of oral sex? Women are just so prejudiced, that’s the problem.

red_locker

Awww, how cute, MRAL is bragging on the internet.

He’s talking about his high IQ again! That means we can mock it again!

red_locker

Yeah, allow me to repeat VOIP’s question: What the fuck is your major, MRAL?

KathleenB

MRAL: Show me your ACT score and I’ll tell you mine…

CassandraSays

I’m curious to hear the MRAL theory of how penis size relates to socioeconomic success at at international level. And by curious I mean no seriously, WTF are you babbling about?

Hershele Ostropoler

Bagelsan:

Ah, ok, that’s a little more specific than what “threat of violence” meant to me. This I can get behind

CassandraSays

Also describing the shogunate as recent history is…um, well, in a “compared to the dinosaurs” sense, sure. But otherwise, not so much.

KathleenB

They also probably have bigger dicks than most Asians.

You know, your obsession with dicks is astonishing. Also, you fucked the landing on your flounce. -6.25 points.

Bagelsan
Bagelsan

I’m sure there’s a legal definition out there somewhere, but that’s how I’d consider “preemptive” violence to be justifiable — it wouldn’t be so much “he looked scary!” as “he wouldn’t let me out of the door” or whatever.

Bagelsan
Bagelsan

What the fuck is your major, MRAL?

Is it terribly wrong of me that I assume “business”? :p

red_locker

“Is it terribly wrong of me that I assume “business”? :p”

Nah, I’m sure business majors have awareness of what the world is really like. Even they have to take Anthropology SOMETIME (Or, at least, I did).

VoiP

Your TAs must have a special sort of love for you. Every time you enroll in a class the incidence of heroin-related deaths among the grad students in your department must hit the fucking roof. It’s more merciful that way, really.

Toysoldier

darksidecat: But the author said that he immediately slapped her. Presumably the woman walked off afterward. Is it okay if it is a person’s immediate impulse?

Mathematics.

CassandraSays

I’m not sure what I’d do if I was trying to teach a class on macroeconomics and one of the students started babbling about penis sizes, actually. Start bringing a flask of vodka with me to work, maybe.

VoiP

Start bringing a flask of vodka with me to work, maybe.

“Start” implies a time when we didn’t.

KathleenB

Start bringing a flask of vodka with me to work, maybe.

I thought that was standard teaching equipment? (kidding. mostly. MrB worked as a special ed para for five years, that job would have driven me to drink within a week.)

David K. Meller
David K. Meller

KathleenB–8 October 2011@12:36 pm

“How many effin times do we have to go through this? I am happily married. To a man. For ten years…”

KathleenB-Happily married to a FEMINIST. Maybe I should feel sorry for the poor chap, cyborg or not! Being married to a woman(?) who is jealous of men, envious of men, tears men down at every opportunity, and is just plain hateful toward the other sex can’t be anyone’s idea of a wonderful time! Of course, it takes all kinds to make a world, and maybe your husband is the kind of man who appreciates that kind of woman, or, true to female form, you fooled him into marrying him when he was young and foolish, and it is too late for him to back out now!

Having no better refutation to my observation of the unsuitability of feminists for heterosexual relationships than “you are a dumbfuck” in your post cited above shows YOU to be a coarse, ignorant, and dull person, whether you are married or not, and whether you are a feminist or not!

If you think that I am getting too personal, YOU brought up the subject, feminist featherbrain!

kristinmh
kristinmh

Vodka’s too obvious, guys. Get some Baileys and put it in your coffee, and if any one questions it you can claim to be drinking Irish Cream flavoured coffee with cream in it.

Not like I’ve ever done that before or anything. /whistles innocently