antifeminism misogyny rapey reddit that's not funny! violence against men/women woman's suffrage

“Hit her back, she gets to vote.” More wisdom from Reddit.

What the fuck is wrong with Reddit these days? Today, the denizens of AskReddit are debating the topic: Is it wrong to hit a woman? You can probably figure out what the consensus is. (Hint: Two letter word, starts with N.) What’s especially striking is how, well, gleeful the discussion is. Redditor after Redditor weighs in with the exact same opinion on the subject; others reply with jokey assent; everybody gets upvotes, sometimes hundreds of them. This exchange captures some of the flavor of the, er, “discussion” there:

From AskReddit.

These aren’t people arguing dispassionately that in the interest of equality we should treat hitting women the same as hitting men, and that ideally no one should be hitting anyone at all. These are guys (mostly) using the topic as an excuse to complain about “bitches” and their rights.

Others, meanwhile, decided to use the topic as masturbation fantasy fodder, suggesting  that the original poster had missed his chance for some hot sex with the woman he slapped. As toothsayer put it:

The single slap is disrespectful, shows that you are pissy bitch, and will not get you laid. However, catching up to her as she is walking away, scooping her up, bending her over the knee and repeatedly spanking that ass would have led to some seriously hard core sex.

47 upvotes for that hilarious suggestion.

Perhaps all of the commenters should simply up and move to Topeka, Kansas, where the city council is considering decriminalizing domestic violence in order to save a few bucks. Seriously.

Note: Once again, I have the fine folks (no sarcasm here; they actually are fine) at ShitRedditSays for pointing this discussion out to me. Here’s the SRS discussion of the whole stinky mess.

I pledge: my next post will have nothing to do with Reddit.

@blitzgal
“You repeat the same four or five points ad nauseum. We’ve picked up the pattern.”

And what do you do?

Holly Pervocracy

I think if a woman pulls a gun on a man he is entitled to do whatever is necessary to defend his life.

I think if a woman pulls a man’s buttons off he is entitled to go “what the fuck?!?” and that’s about the end of it.

And I think that the Redditors are mostly salivating about the thought of hitting women, period, with “we mean hitting them back!” as the flimsiest of pretexts.

hellkell
hellkell

NWO, you’re being positively adorbs this evening. Good day on the milk line?

@Holly Pervocracy
“Lots of submissive guys are straight”

—————————-
@Pecunium
“Holly: I think, from some clues, it’s religious iconography.”

Wow you are smart. When I’m a mind reader it’s bad. When you’re a mind reader is funny and good.

vacuumslayer

“needed. I gave ya one for a woman gunning down her husband. Everyone says to walk away from violence. Well, she had 17 years to walk.”

Many women don’t walk because theyre afraid of being beaten or murdered. Also: Battered Women Syndrome–read up on it.

Also, which SPECIFIC law do I support that is unfair or oppressive to men?

Rutee Katreya

Is it bad that I actually zeroed in on the guy who said “Hey just because he can vote doesn’t mean you can hit him” about his grandfather and thought “Hey maybe this guy gets it”?

vacuumslayer

—————————”

@hellkell
“NWO, you’re being positively adorbs this evening.”

Adorbs? I gotta look that up, I wanna be wiki smart as well. “A common way of abbreviating adorable.” Oh, oh, oh. I can’t wait to use that in a sentence.

Holly Pervocracy

Rutee – I liked that comment too.

Shora

All I can do here is chuckle.

Moewicus
Moewicus

Again, Owly loves to just ignore me. Perhaps he thinks his dignity is affronted by being called Owly or Owlyslave. Trust me, dude. Dignity is not something you need to worry about anymore. I wrote this poem for you, NWOslave. I hope you lieks it:

What must it be like to be you?
You always rubber.
Others always glue.

O, to be owlslave.
Mind as clean as the sky is blue.
Correct, correct that feminist knave!

For zie is not as pure–poo poo.
Pissing on fresh-fallen snow,
zie locks your chains and bids–adieu!

But you, o slave, are in the know.
You see past the veil, the bars, the bricks,
Your jailers– always dumb and slow.

You see past their foolish tricks.
Nothing not pliable to your quick fix.

What must it be like to be you?

Do you lieks it yes [ ] no [ ]

@vacuumslayer
“You’re an idiot. Most feminists are supportive of sexual submission, unless I’m mistaken.”

You’re a feminist, idiocy and mistaken is your guiding light.

Rutee Katreya

Yeah, I’m not really happy with anyone saying “You shouldn’t hit a girl” in my presence for it. I try to correct them to “You shouldn’t hit ANYONE”. Because really people, it’s the 21st century. Self defense is one thing but if it’s not necessary, don’t hit someone.

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

“Hoorah for submissive guys! But wait. If a girl is submissive she’s a doormat and feminism can save her.”

Well, I guess that answers our question about whether or not Slave has any actual contact with the BSDM community. (Unless he’s a Gorean.)

@Holly Pervocracy
“I also think we need to challenge the implication that it’s okay to hit a healthy young guy, for that matter. Identifying as male shouldn’t mean signing up for the Thunderdome.”

You’d have to get rid of VAWA, primary aggressor laws, Title IX and a whole wack of female centric laws for that to happen. And no one needs to indentify as male or female, you’re born one or the other, except in rare hermaphrodites. Can you believe how backward I am? Thinking people are born male or female. What crazy conspiracy will I come up with next?

ozymandias42

I am amused how NWO says that feminism hates submissive women… to a feminist submissive woman. D’oh.

vacuumslayer

“You’re a feminist, idiocy and mistaken is your guiding light.”

That is WEAK SAUCE so far as comebacks go.

Rutee Katreya

You’re a feminist, idiocy and mistaken is your guiding light.

This is pretty empty trolling from the fake engineer who sucks at math.

@ozymandias42

Whoa! Ozy deigns to converse about the slave. I’m touched. How’s the Ivory Tower now that acedemia is back in session? Are ya learnin good stuff? Just outta curiosity, what’s your major? My guess would be political science, maybe a bit of English lit, no doubt womens studies and a tish of social science.

Holly Pervocracy

NWO, if you said this shit to my face, I wouldn’t hit you.

I can’t be honest here and pretend I wouldn’t think about it, but I wouldn’t lay a finger on you.

Can you say the same to me?

(Please, feel free to rant about unrelated shit and how you hate everybody who isn’t like you and frankly most people who are like you and there’s no marginalized group you wouldn’t like to double marginalize while calling them your evil overlords. For God’s sake, don’t just say “no, I wouldn’t hit someone who hadn’t touched me,” because if you admit to being even a little bit of a decent fucking human being, the Rothchilds win.)

@Rutee Katreya
“This is pretty empty trolling from the fake engineer who sucks at math.”

Well I suck at everything, so da crew tells me. And I am up against the top minds ever. Just look at your comments! How can I compete with…….?

Holly Pervocracy

NWO always thinks learning things is fucking hilarious.

This explains… really everything.

Snowy
Snowy

I wonder who can turn on the tears and weep hysterically at the drop of a hat?

I don’t know Mr Slave, an MRA?

Moewicus
Moewicus

NWOslave sez:

Yaay, citation needed. I gave ya one for a woman gunning down her husband. Everyone says to walk away from violence. Well, she had 17 years to walk.

Except the context was violence from strangers. Domestic violence is notoriously difficult for people, male or female, to see their way out of without help.

My citation was worthless

It really was. You talked about a so-called battered woman defense like it was a law. Apparently you understand just about nothing of what you read, except when it’s in Cyrillic. What’s rich is that you complain about the gendered language of the article and then complain about VAWA, which doesn’t use gendered language except in the title.

Holly Pervocracy

But no, really, NWO.

Say a woman gives you a whole lotta lip (she says “I’m a human being” or some other fighting words) but doesn’t lay a finger on you and doesn’t threaten to. She makes you super angry but gives you no reason to fear for your safety.

Would you hit her?

@Holly Pervocracy
“NWO, if you said this shit to my face, I wouldn’t hit you.
Can you say the same to me?”

No, I’d laugh in your face. Violence against women act is gender neutral? Title IX is gender neutral? Primary aggressor law is gender neutral? On and on it goes. How couldn’t anyone laugh?

@Moewicus
“Apparently you understand just about nothing of what you read, except when it’s in Cyrillic”

Please tell me the root alphabet for Cyrillic. Use your wiki-smarts. Just copy and paste it.

Holly Pervocracy

Hey, NWO actually said he wouldn’t hit someone for no reason!

I am so proud.

I don’t really give a shit if you laugh (you have kind of a track record of laughing at anything involving knowledge, ho ho, people learning things they didn’t know before, haw haw those suckers), but I’m honestly happy that you said something halfway decent.

Rutee Katreya

You could try substance and evidence, when you weren’t feeling lazy. You usually assert your case, are presented counter arguments with actual evidence and substance to them, and continue to assert your case. I don’t generally waste that much of my time with you, but if you wanted to begin to approach my level, that’d be a start. Also use correct grammar; for the love of truth and beauty, an ellipsis is correctly done with three periods. “…” No more, and no less. It’s one thing to make a typo, which is why I don’t make fun of the MRA 2 dot ellipsis much, but 6 periods? Fail less.

Basically, fucking learn something. Hell, I know you have 28 hour days, but real colleges (Not Beck Parody U) do offer course materials for free. Read a god damn book, study the materials. ANYTHING. It’s a better use of your time than your jackassery for both you and us.

Holly Pervocracy

If you want to say they’re unreliable about the JFK assassination or the moon landing or whatever, that is your right as a person who thinks he’s so damn smart he can get the same information as everyone else (er, or much less) and come to radically different conclusions. But why do the Rothchilds need the sheeple to be blinkered about alphabets?

@Holly Pervocracy
“But no, really, NWO.

Would you hit her?

(This game is always fun because he won’t say “no.” He thinks it’s a trap to make him say “no,” but it’s actually a trap to make him avoid conceding the simplest bits of human decency, and he falls for it every time.)”

First off I wouldn’t need to worry about a man acting that way towards me, because even the strongest man has better manners, and even the strongest man could win the fight and still get pretty damned injured. As to hitting a woman who got up in my face and kept it up, I just might crack her a good one. Happy now?

Moewicus
Moewicus

That would be Greek. “Cyrillic is derived from the Ancient Greek uncial script, augmented by ligatures and consonants from the older Glagolitic alphabet for sounds not found in Ancient Greek.” Here’s what wiki says about the Spanish alphabet:

The Spanish language is written using the Spanish alphabet, which is the Latin alphabet with one additional letter, eñe (‹ñ›), for a total of 27 letters.

Wiki smarts: being curious and learning about things using the Internet. A trait that brings great shame to those who exhibit it.

Raoul
Raoul

This all makes a sick kind of sense.

After all, we are put on earth to hurt each other and to be hurt. Any joy we happen to experience is lagniappe.

@Holly Pervocracy
“Um… why exactly would Wikipedia (and, you know, Russian people) lie about the Cyrillic alphabet?

If you want to say they’re unreliable about the JFK assassination or the moon landing or whatever, that is your right as a person who thinks he’s so damn smart he can get the same information as everyone else (er, or much less) and come to radically different conclusions. But why do the Rothchilds need the sheeple to be blinkered about alphabets”

Than go anywhere and give me the root alphabet of Cryllic. I find this infathomable that none of you can admit you’re wrong. Something so simple as the root of a language. It doesn’t even have anything to do with feminism. That’s how incorrect the stance of feminism is. None of you can admit error in anything, even if it’s non-related and irrelevant.

Holly Pervocracy

Men are never rude and men never start shit? I’m not being sarcastic or hyperbolic.

I’m just being flabbergasted.

No. Because that makes you a bad and dangerous person. It’s nothing to be proud of. It means you’re a crap-ass human being who is being treated better by others than he would treat them, and whose presence makes the world, on whole, worse and more dangerous.

Moewicus
Moewicus

But do you liek my poem Owly

hellkell
hellkell

Happy, no. Sort of impressed one of you MRA jackholes told the truth about something, finally? Yes.

Moewicus
Moewicus

NWOslave sez:

So do you admit you’re wrong about the “battered woman defense” being a law?

Rutee Katreya

What’s funny is that although it only presents surface depth and not a suitable academic source, provided you aren’t getting information on a current political issue, a product or corporation, or a celebrity, Wikipedia is amazingly accurate. I mean, double check it’s sources, sure, but it’s not bad for basics. This is the sword NWO would like to fall on; a site he could learn from if he could just read.

I mean, it doesn’t even have to be important. I don’t want him to read about the Lunar Landings, or Iluminati conspiracy theories (Of which there are many). It’d be nice if, I don’t know, he learns about the Capybara. Or maybe the history of the Ottoman Empire, or hell, about Ottomans, the furniture. Yi Sun-Sin is neat, or maybe Victorian fashion… hell, if you really wanna learn about something, click the little blue links at the bottom and see the original source the data came from; it’s more in depth! You may *actually enjoy* learning about something! Just pick something that doesn’t make you angry and read!

@Holly Pervocracy
“There’s really nothing more elementally wrong than initiating violence against a nonviolent person, and if you’d do that, anything else you say about right and wrong really doesn’t matter. You either don’t know or don’t care.”

Yelling, screaming and so on is not being non-violent. In fact VAWA describes these actions as DV. Suddenly now it’s OK. Dave bans people for harsh language, why? They’ve committed no actual violence.

Is yelling, screaming and so on violence or not?

I’ve answered more than enough questions Holly, now it’s your turn.

Bostonian
Bostonian

Geez Holly how is he supposed to make the 16 year olds lay down if he cannot beat them into submission?

Holly Pervocracy

Is yelling, screaming and so on violence or not?

I’m pretty sure website bans have nothing to do with “violence.” (Physical violence on websites being rather rare and all that.) Mostly they have to do with his tolerance for complete bullshit. And frankly, your brand of complete bullshit would get anyone else banned but with you it’s kind of funny how stubborn and stupid you are.

Yelling at someone can be emotional abuse (although this is more “demeaning and intimidating someone emotionally bonded to you” yelling, not “got all up in my face” yelling–it’s not any time anyone says something you don’t like), but it’s not violence.

I’ve answered more than enough questions Holly, now it’s your turn.

I’ll never get why you wank off to the question game. Seems to me when you’re answering questions you’re speaking your point of view, and asking them is creating an opening for mine.

But if you were good at reasoning we would not be speaking here today.

CassandraSays
CassandraSays

OK, now I’m truly lost. Slavey thinks that there’s some sort of conspiracy to hide the true origins of Cyrillic? What, did the lizard people give it to the Rothchilds as a weapon to use against men or something?

Holly Pervocracy

Also, NWO, this is a question I want to ask every MRA: why don’t you want to be the better man?

Say (this isn’t true, but say) that feminists really were drooling hellmonsters. Say we really did want to beat men and take all their money and give them flouride.

Wouldn’t you want to be better than that? Wouldn’t you want to demonstrate superiority, instead of being perfectly content to merely be the gender opposite of an evil (fictional) movement? It seems like the gender opposite of evil is evil.

Don’t you have any aspirations to be not evil?

@Moewicus
So do you admit you’re wrong about the “battered woman defense” being a law?

I do indeed admit when I’m wrong, apparently it “isn’t” a law. What it is as your beloved wiki describes, “The battered woman defense is a defense used in court that the person accused of an assault / murder was suffering from battered person syndrome at the material time. Because the defense is most commonly used by women, it is usually characterised in court as battered woman syndrome or battered wife syndrome.”

But doesn’t that really amount to the same thing, even if it isn’t law? A defense used by women to justify acts of violence, even murder? And the courts, as I’ve provided a very recent link, abide by this non-law defense. In the end, violence by women is condoned by the State.

@Holly Pervocracy

I’ve never hit a woman, but if a woman did, “get all up in my face, I just might.” What am I gonna call the cops? That only works for women. If a man yells at a woman she calls the cops, (state violence) What else could you call it? When a woman yells at a man he might use individual violence, (his own). Either way, it’s violence. Someone used violence to stop the verbal violence. Women use the State, men don’t have that option.
——————-
@CassandraSays
” What, did the lizard people give it to the Rothchilds as a weapon to use against men or something?”

Excellent, we’ve moved onto lizards. I find this so intellectually stimulating!

magdelyn

Even I will admit that the tread is aweful. Maybe these guys should jack-off before they start posting…

Dracula
Dracula

Okay, just now Moewicus pointed out that the Cyrillic alphabet is derived from the Greek. This is not the first someone has done this. I’m pretty sure it’s not even the second time. Yet NWOslave keeps asking people to tell him where Cyrillic came from. No disagreement, no citing sources of his own that might be contradictory, just ignores it and asks again. Every single time.

Holly Pervocracy

But you’re AGAINST “state violence,” right? So you wouldn’t WANT to call the cops on her anyway. How can you be angry that you don’t get to use “state violence,” if you think that’s an evil force? Why would you want the use of an evil force?

Anyway, why choose between state violence and individual violence? Walk away.