antifeminism armageddon homophobia men who should not ever be with women ever MGTOW misandry misogyny MRA terrorism threats

More violent talk, more excuses for terrorism, this time from the inaptly named Happy Bachelors Forum

Try pointing the finger at yourself, for once.

On the ironically named Happy Bachelors forum, the regular poster who calls himself khankrumthebulgar – and whose real name is Randall Joseph Shake — has been complaining about those of us who’ve pointed out that much MRA and MGTOW rhetoric sounds all too similar to the rhetoric of Norwegian terrorist murderer Anders Breivik. In response to Hugo Schwyzer’s post on the topic at the Good Men Project, he wrote:

This smacks to me of extreme desperation. As they are trying to draw us into a response. They should hear Crickets chirping. … they are in need of traffic, controversy some off the wall unhinged response. When they receive none, it simply means we will not waste the oxygen to answer these absurd and insane accusations. No evidence exists that the MRA or MRM is in any way connected to the Norwegian gunman. IF we were there would be dozens of dead Feminists by now. There is none, hence this is a weak and pathetic attempt to incite violence and is irresponsible on their part. …

If such violence were to happen. After such outrageous accusations, it is Hugo Schwyzer and the Good Menz Project who is financially liable for stoking and promoting extremism in the hopes of generating a violent response. The blood will be on their hands not ours.

You will notice that this argument is identical to that of Angry Harry: if an extremist commits an act of terrorism or violence, don’t blame him or his extremist ideology; blame the people who pissed him off. Taken to its logical extreme, this specious argument would mean blaming the Jews for the Holocaust; after all, they’re the ones who got Hitler so worked up in the first place.

It seems to me that if you don’t want people to associate you with terrorists, you should probably stop talking like terrorists, referring casually to “dozens of dead feminists” and trying to blame the enemy in advance for any violence that comes from your side.

Also, you should probably stop making comments like the following, which were posted in response to Amanda Marcotte’s recent post on Misogyny and Terrorism. The first one, from spocksdisciple, a board moderator, fantasized about a violent backlash that would put women in general and feminists in particular in their supposed place:

[T]he backlash against feminism and it’s misandry will be both awe inspiring and terrifying at the same time.

Modern radical feminism is doomed, any woman sprouting these kinds of statements after the backlash won’t last very long, people and especially men are growing angrier everyday and all these whining losers in the feminist movement is doing to kicking a sleeping bear even harder.

Feminism is so done that women will be lucky if any man bothers to even look at them other then as a piece of meat, the days of the 19th century are going to come back where women either know their place or they’ll suffer the consequences of their actions and arrogance, big daddy gov’t isn’t going to be around to protect the rights of women to act like bitches.

And you probably shouldn’t talk about burning down buildings with people inside them, as khankrumthebulgar (that is, Randall Joseph Shake) does in this comment:

Feminists will be treated like the French Nobility was during the French Revolution. There will be a payback to these Evil Bitches. … As to the Good Mangina Project, they are our enemies. Burn the building to the ground with them in it.

Is he literally talking about burning down a building, or is he speaking metaphorically? In the wake of a tragedy that involved a man literally gunning down the children of his leftist and feminist enemies, khankrumthebulgar’s comments are indefensible either way.

Let me reiterate: these are posts from men who are angry that people have linked them in any way to the Norwegian terrorist. Are they really this lacking in self-awareness, or are they so used to talking in an environment where violent comments about feminists are so common and accepted that they don’t even realize the irony?

I don’t know, and I don’t care. I just wish that those in the MRA and MGTOW movements who are bothered by this kind of talk – and I know there are some who are – would actually step up and declare this sort of shit out of bounds. I’m not holding my breath.

Note: The Happy Bachelors forum is members-only, so the links to the forum won’t work if you’re not a member. Here are screen shots of all the forum comments mentioned in this post, in order. Click to see the full-sized image. I edited several of the comments, but indicated all removed material with ellipses. As you will see the edits did not change the meaning of what was said.

khankrumthebulgar gives his real name

khankrumthebulgar on Hugo Schwyzer (just the portion of the comment that is from him; the rest quotes Schwyzer’s post).

spocksdisciple comment

khankrumthebulgar’s “burn the building” comment

Holly Pervocracy

I’ll never understand why MRAs get so angry at you just for quoting them. It’s like they have some vestigial sense that the things you’re quoting aren’t things to be proud of… but not enough to actually renounce those things.

So it just turns into “How dare you call us violent and dangerous! Only we get to say that we’re violent and dangerous!”

Andrea Vaughn

FYI Randall, “crickets chirping” indicates a complete lack of interest. You dopes have gone on and on about this for weeks, which would be the opposite of crickets chirping. I think a whining baby would be an apt description, actually.

PosterformerlyknownasElizabeth

Babies have redeeming values though…I think howler monkeys maybe?

Graham
Graham

On his Facebook page that Randolph Shake fellow claims to be a Buddhist.

Rutee
Rutee

“I’m rusty on Buddhism… At what stage on the Noble Eightfold Path are you supposed to Deliver Payback To The Evil Bitches?”

“all of them”. It doesn’t exactly have the best record on women.

darksidecat

There have never been peasant women, just super rich women that are like queen bees birthing masses of worker slaves, apparantly…

Seraph
Seraph

*Shrug*

Why should Christians and Muslims be the only ones who want to belong to a club without following the rules?

Kendra, the bionic mommy
Kendra, the bionic mommy

There is never any accountability with these guys. They won’t admit their rhetoric is so extreme it can lead to violence. They won’t admit that abusers are responsible for their actions, and instead claim that victims are to blame for making abusers angry. Likewise, they blame society for making terrorists angry, rather than admitting that terrorists are the wrongdoers. Do these MRAs ever admit to making mistakes, or ever admit they are wrong?

Bedelia Bloodyknuckle

@Kendra If they wet their bed they will blame the feminists for it

Clarence

When people start holding Amanda Marcotte responsible for some of her crap like her postings on the Duke Lacrosse case , and some of her hate speech about Catholics, religious people, and heck men in general, then I might consider spending my full time policing every minor board in the MRM. After all, Amanda Marcotte is considered a *gag* spokeswoman for Feminism. Last I heard Khankrum isn’t, at least not nearly to the same extent (he doesn’t run anything except a blog) and I’ve encountered “Spocks Disciple” all of maybe once or twice in the past few years.

Sarah
Sarah

Actually, we do hold Amanda Marcotte responsible for what she says. I know of at least one poster here who is rather critical of her.

But anyway, this isn’t about holding other people responsible, it’s about holding yourself responsible, ya know? And not advocating murder. Amanda has never advocated killing men, as far as I know.

Holly Pervocracy

Oh hey, remember when Amanda Marcotte said that the victims were responsible for mass murder and darkly warned that women would rise up against men someday and heads would roll, maybe literally? Remember when Amanda Marcotte talked about burning down buildings and about how men should “know their place” or face payback?

Yeah, me either.

Holly:
Amanda is more disgusting. She slandered REAL PEOPLE.
Not hypothetical maybe in the future blah blahblah.
Don’t even try to compare the things. Ugly thoughts are ugly thoughts but Breivik and Marcotte were the people who performed ugly ACTIONS so to me Khankrum and Spocks Disciple are actually better people.

Holly Pervocracy

I’m pretty sure that women are REAL PEOPLE.

Yeah, Holly.
What’s this about not making “generalizations”? You go find me the “average woman” and then maybe we can talk. Once again -words and thoughts are cheap. It’s ACTIONS that count. So, Holly, what are YOU going to do about someone in your movement who actively slandered people?

Raoul
Raoul

@kankrumthebooger “If such violence were to happen. After such outrageous accusations, it is Hugo Schwyzer and the Good Menz Project who is financially liable…”

If you end a subordinate clause with a period. You are a shit-for-brains whose first language is Duhhh.

Seriously, I’ve been reading bad writing since I was yea high to a pup and only recently have I seen people doing this. Not even the undereducated used to do it.

They’re always pissed-off males, and 95% lean to the right politically. Is this some sort of unconscious group marker for militant dickheads?

Holly Pervocracy

I’m going to ask you how you feel about these MRAs that are the topic of the post.

Do they, like, bother you?

Do they provoke any intellectual or emotional reaction in you other than “OH YEAH WELL WHAT ABOUT AMANDA MARCOTTE”?

Clarence

Holly, I’ve come on here and dissed MRA’s before. Though I sort of like Warren Farrell and I’m all happy dappy about Glenn Sacks, I hardly pimp the MRM.
That’s all this site is about after all. I hardly defended Angry Harry.
You wondered why people don’t take “feminism” seriously? Because it gets all freakin bent out of shape about a few nobodies on a private blog, and yet doesn’t give a sheeyat about what one of its public spokespeople says or does.

cynickal
cynickal

Remember when Amanda Marcotte said that it’s only a matter of time before all the rape victims of the Catholic priests that keep getting moved to new congregations will rise up and murder all priests, nuns, and clerical hierarchy?

Remember when she told all her readers to burn down the Duke University’s dorms with the lacrosse players in them?

Yeah, false equivalency is false.

Completely consistent with…

Once again -words and thoughts are cheap

Do you know the definition of “slander”? Because those are “just words”

Holly Pervocracy

Clarence – You didn’t say shit about Angry Harry.

I think Amanda Marcotte was wrong. In fact, she’s said she was wrong. But she wasn’t wrong on the “whooo mass murder, bitches getting payback” level of wrong.

I have to admit it gets my hackles up because I’ve had “FALSE RAPE ACCUSATION” shoved in my face umpty billion gazillion times by rapists, rapists’ buddies, and people who just wish they could be rapists’ buddies. It’s become such a catchphrase for “women are liars and rape should be legal” that it really rubs the ol’ hackles, I gotta tell you. And I’ll admit, it’s hard getting those hackles out of something like this, because after the millionth chant of “Duke Lacrosse,” it stops meaning “this specific false rape accusation” and starts meaning “women are liars and rape should be legal.”

I don’t feel there are similar issues for men who support mass murder.

cynickal
cynickal

Holly, I’ve come on here and dissed MRA’s before.

Back to the “I used to be a democrat, feminist, etc.” defense.
Tedious troll is tedious.

Graham
Graham

I dunno Clarence, the manosphere seems to take feminism extremely seriously; from what I read feminism is the cause of everything that’s wrong on the planet. Pretty big achievement.

Holly:

Could you come up with an actual quote of Amanda Marcotte apologizing for her year long campaign of slander against the Duke guys, please? The reason I ask is I recently researched this by going to the WayBack machine and getting her posts from that time for a response that I made at the False Rape Society. Along with Nancy Grace and Wendy Murphy (who is considered a feminist and claims to be one) Amanda Marcotte was one of the most egregious of the haters of the team and the men on it. I’m sure you know how she deleted one of her later posts and tried to pretend it didn’t exist, alas, the internet isn’t usually very nice about letting things of that nature happen.

So, since I’ve actually spent more than an hour or two on Mandy and her various missteps, kindly do me a favor and point me to an apology from her for that so that it can be dropped.

Debbie

I agree with that her response to the Duke LAcrosse case was just plain wrong but she is NOT anti Catholic….She is just very critical of well all religions and she has the right to be critical ofchurches! She absolutly not hateful toward men either and seems to have more men then women post on her blog.

She may be a little bit of a know at all at times but at least she doesn’t use violent rhetoric and stick up or abusers instead of their victims

Kendra, the bionic mommy
Kendra, the bionic mommy

Clarence, you have not given an example of an MRA admitting he is wrong yet. Amanda Marcotte has nothing to do with this article, and changing the subject is not a good rebuttal to my argument. Both Randall and Dirty Harry have both blamed the actions of violent terrorists on feminists for making terrorists so angry. It shows an extreme lack of accountability from the MRM when multiple people are making those comments and not being called out on it. If their rhetoric goes unchallenged in the MRM, then I will assume it is representative of the entire MRM.

Oh, and Holly?
I specifically noted that Glenn Sacks disclaimed any ties to Angry Harry. I would think that would make my disapproval of Angry Harry clear. Still, he’s a freaking blogger, not a public speaker, though unlike THESE guys he is not on a private blog but is very public about his views. I share some of them of course, I esp. like how he compares human groups and organizations to organisms, but I don’t share his opinion on Breivik. Heck, occasionally Amanda Marcotte says the “sky is blue” and I agree with that.I trust that not totally dismissing everything AH has ever said doesn’t make me a fanboy.

Kendra:
Then when a public spokeswoman does something for feminism I will hold all of feminism accountable for it. You don’t get to selectively play “that’s not MY feminism”. Right now all of feminism is responsible for Amanda Marcotte’s prominence.

Holly Pervocracy

Whatever, Clarence.

I can’t win this game. I don’t want to play today.

Although I do think this sentence of yours is pretty fucking funny: “I specifically noted that Glenn Sacks disclaimed any ties to Angry Harry. I would think that would make my disapproval of Angry Harry clear.”

Y’all MRAs have some WEAK SAUCE ways of disapproving of mass murder.

BlackBloc
BlackBloc

I’m expecting Amanda’s apology about ‘slandering’ the Duke lacrosse team on the same day everyone starts apologizing for ‘slandering’ OJ Simpson by implying he might have done it even though he was never found guilty in criminal court…(In other words, it’s silly to think she has anything to apologize for.)

I’m also going to be waiting for a citation on all that anti-Catholic and anti-men hate speech. Apparently being “outspoken and atheist” is a form of hate speech nowadays…

Holly:

I missed where I said I approved of mass murder, or heck where Harry said HE approved of this mass murder by Breivik. In fact, he didn’t.

And yes, you can’t “win” because you hold double standards, and like to put words in people’s mouths. Breivek, much as you might want him to be wasn’t an MRA. His 1500 page screed has all of 29 pages devoted to feminism, and lots of that is cut and paste. Plus, he killed men and women. My personal opinions are that :
A. He was hoping that his actions and his manifesto would help destabliize Norweigan society.
B. He was attacking the ruling political class by attacking their teenagers and young adults of whatever sex. That some nutty feminists at a few places including Feministe tried to link this to Glenn Sacks, Warren Farrell, or heck , The Spearhead even, was disgusting.

Holly Pervocracy

Clarence – I would love to death to hear an MRA take all this violent rhetoric and hate speech and say “that’s not my MRA.” Would love it!

I ain’t hearing it.

cynickal
cynickal

Anyone seen my goal posts? I set them here a few minutes ago…

BlackBloc:
If you think Amanda’s “opinon” on the Duke case was anything but political, you have no clue what you are talking about. You also have no clue if you think there is even the slightest doubt that the entire Duke Lacrosse team of 2006 is innocent of the charges against them. I spent 6 months (when I was out of work and helping a family member) nearly every day reading about that case at both LieStoppers and Durham in Wonderland. There wasn’t any doubt, the evidence of innocence was such that only God him/her self could do more to exonerate the accused. Seriously, it’s not only that there was no evidence: no, the evidence contradicted everything Crystal Mangum ever said.

I will say your comment though is a good example of how being falsely accused of rape can hurt someone. Photographic alibi’s of one of the players being elsewhere at the time he was alleged to be raping this accuser, discrepancies in a story, lack of any team DNA from an alleged brutal gang rape, (tons of DNA going back a week from men who weren’t on the team) testimony from the other stripper, testimony from an african american cab driver who wasn’t even on the team – and you still think they might have done something. Good job.

Clarence

I disapprove of mass murder in general and Breivik’s mass murder in particular. I’m not sure how what I say will help poor ol Glenn Sacks though.

Holly Pervocracy

What can I say? I’m just bitter because I was falsely accused of not being raped.

Clarence

I’m still waiting for one of you more- moral- than thou people to actually research what Amanda did in 2006 and early 2007. She actually threw rape defendants “under the bus” for her ideological purposes. It was disgusting and said nothing good about her as a person.
Can we say “double standards” and for the ones who don’t have them -“memory hole”?

hellkell
hellkell

Clarence, please. Marcotte is not the issue here as others have said. Unbunch your undies and move on.

Did you miss where it says this is a mockery site? It is exactly what it says on the tin.

hellkell:
It’s always good when I can show examples of feminist duplicity. It helps make the case against them and Amanda Marcotte is one of their biggest and easiest targets yet even though it would seem to cost them nothing to repudiate her, they don’t. Really, decent people would repudiate someone willing to lie and smear.

These guys are mostly powerless losers who don’t speak for the larger and more established MRM, and often let off steam on private blogs. That some are downright misogynists is not to be denied, but that they mean anything otherwise is contentious and problematic to say the least.

Unlike this famous feminist: http://www.feministcritics.org/blog/2011/07/23/who-is-a-feminist-mary-daly-edition-noh/ I doubt we’ll be seeing these guys speaking on college campuses any time soon.

Colette Wedding

Are we actually discussing Amanda fucking Marcotte’s opinion about an accusation half a decade ago? Yet another deadly spree from a man anrgy at women/feminism, yet more leaders and followers within the MRA voicing support, and FeministCritics crowd – as usual – has a great sense of perspective and logic.

Sarah
Sarah

Clarence, I think part of your problem here is that you think this site is some kind of face for feminism, or that we need to defend the movement or anything. That’s just not the case at all. Yes, most of us Fuetellerites are feminists, but the point of this site is to mock misogynists.

It dosen’t matter if Marcotte, or any other feminist or womanist or liberal or what have you, said something dumb. What matters here is that Randall Joseph Shake DID say something dumb. And we are calling him out on it.

That’s all.

vacuumslayer

It’s ok to use threatening, violent rhetoric as long you are not also a public speaker. Is that what I’m reading?

let off steam

That’s what we’re calling it these days?

BTW, what the fuck does this blog entry have to do with Amanda Marcotte?

Because :
whine, whine , whine. Oh you MRA’s why don’t you clean up your movement, whine, whine, whine.
Meanwhile feminism (which I used to count myself a member of) gets a free pass? No thank you.

vacuumslayer

Apparently, before we are allowed to mock anyone, we must first scour the internet for everything a liberal said that that CLARENCE believes was wrong and denounce it. Hmmmm. I think that could take a lot of time. Nope. I’m gonna get back to the topic at hand, and not let Clarence derail the conversation.

BlackBloc
BlackBloc

@Clarence: The fact that a stripper was raped at a Duke lacrosse party is undeniable, that there was some omerta and collusion within the group to protect its own is also undeniable (though it’s understandable, as every in-group, whether it be cops, punk rockers or whatever, will tend to always seek to protect its own members against outsider accusations, whether it be rape or anything else), we just don’t have any evidence to incriminate any single individual in this case. Unless you have some citations I’m just going to assume that the charges of False Accusations are as ludicrous as those levelled against the victim in the DSK case.

Still waiting on that anti-Catholic hate speech BTW. Since we’re all playing ‘bigger e-peen’, I’ve been a commenter on Pandagon for at least 6 years, so I’ve actually *read* first hand all those interesting posts you mention. The supposed hate speech that is referred to is nothing more than a mostly accurate, yet apparently blasphemous, description of one of the major tenets of Catholic religion (that Mary was impregnated by Holy Spirit spunk).

vacuumslayer

When feminists start threatening men with violence and blaming them for everything from periods to global warming, I will be a yoostabee, too.

Clarence

Anyway, I do have other things to do.
It’s been fun. Well, sorta.
I suppose I’ll stick my nose in later.
This site IS usually funny.
Oh and once again: I , the great and Mighty and Important Clarence the Internet kinda-sorta MRA disapprove 100 percent to what SpocksDisciple said. I hope my official and important condemnation (which is more than Amanda Marcotte has ever gotten on here) eases the pain of those who hang on his every word, and will let you look at Glenn Sacks with respect again.

Molly Ren

Clarence wrote, “These guys are mostly powerless losers who don’t speak for the larger and more established MRM, and often let off steam on private blogs.”

Clearence, I think part of the problem we’re having here is that Man Boobz has been unable to *find* a “larger and more established” MRM. We have had an open challenge for quite some time now, but no one seems able to link us to these more influential or more moderate blogs. What you see is what you tend to get across the board, because the MRM mostly *is* a loose collection of private blogs without the cohesion or clout of a legitimate movement.

Unless you know of other MRA sources that we just haven’t found yet? Feel free to link them.

Nobinayamu
Nobinayamu

You can drag Marcotte and DUKE LACROSSE PLAYERS!!!!1!!11!! in to the discussion all you want. It is an apples and aardvarks comparison and it is a transparent, diversionary tactic.

Writers within the MRM blogosphere, whatever you may personally think about their prominence, continue to assert that the violent act of terrorism committed by Breivik: 1) had nothing to do with the MRM, but 2) was sort of caused by feminism, and 3) he sort of had a point, and 4) when these kind of attacks happen again, as they inevitably will, feminism will be responsible. Even though really only a few pages of his manifesto were about feminism so it’s totally unfair to keep bringing misogyny within the MRM up at all, don’t you know?

Put that in your pipe and “repudiate” it.

oldfeminist
oldfeminist

I haven’t gone to Happy Bachelors so I don’t know anything about what he says about himself there, but on facebook he shows his last employment to be ten years ago. Has he really gone Galt for ten years?

NWOslave
NWOslave

Whats the difference between the manboobz/feminist gang mocking misogyny and MRAs mocking misandry?

Feminism is always blameless therefore any criticism of feminism is misogyny. The perfect defense.

1 2 3 6