antifeminism crackpottery evil women MGTOW misogyny MRA oppressed men the spearhead threats victimhood violence against men/women

Arms and the Men's Rights Movement

Democracy is not a First-Person Shooter

Good news, ladies and manginas: Apparently some MRAs don’t think it’s time to go out and start shooting people. At least not quite yet.

Some background: In recent days numerous MRAs have taken up the cause of a man named Thomas Ball – who burned himself to death outside a courthouse in Keane, New Hampshire in a protest against what he saw as unfair treatment in family court. Ferdinand Bardamu of In Male Fide has declared him “a martyr for the cause of men’s rights, a casualty of feminism’s stripping one half of the population of their humanity.”

Before killing himself, Ball wrote a long manifesto outlining his grievances and suggesting that the time had come for men “to start burning down police stations and courthouses,” describing  the inhabitants of such buildings as “[c]ollaborators who are no different than the Vichy of France or the Quislings of Norway during the Second World War … So burn them out. “ (He offered specific advice on how best to do this, including tips on how to select the proper bottles to use for Molotov cocktails.)

All this has inspired some in the MRA to start talking ominously about violence. On The Spearhead, W.F. Price has responded to this talk with a piece suggesting that the time isn’t quite right for the MRAs of the world to take up armed struggle. Not just yet, anyway. As he puts it:

It is never a good idea to pick up a gun and start shooting to address some vaguely defined injustice — that is savagery. Before the American Revolution, for example, patriots took pains to spell out a long list of grievances that justified rebellion. …

We have to make our own lists, air our grievances, and give the state the opportunity to redress them. … Before anyone resorts to the same methods the state uses against us, we must put every reasonable effort into working with the law and the political system we have. Because this effort is still in its infancy, any calls for armed resistance are entirely premature and counterproductive, and shouldn’t be taken seriously.

Obviously, the flip side of this argument for delay is a justification for killing people if these “grievances” aren’t dealt with in the way that those in the MRA would like. Price’s reference to the American Revolution is an interesting one, because of course the central issue of that struggle was, you know, taxation without representation. The colonists couldn’t vote out the king if they didn’t like his policies. In case anyone has forgotten: we actually do have the vote now, which was kind of the whole point in the first place.

Of course, many of Price’s readers are a bit more impatient than he is. In a comment that drew (last I checked) more than 40 upvotes and only two dissenting downvote, Taqman took issue with Price’s call to delay the armed struggle:

Tell that to men who are facing imminent imprisonment for failure to pay child support.

They don’t have the luxury of time and can’t wait a couple of decades for the manginas of the world to wake up and decide that a gentlemanly form of armed resistance is now acceptable.

The ironically named Firepower, meanwhile, took a little swipe at Ball’s own actions, but didn’t challenge his advice for the rest of the men of the world:

What IS crazy is having to point out that setting YOURSELF on fire is a ridiculous way to “win” anything.

Set your enemies on fire. To even have to remind this questions the long term chances of victory for such a pathetic lot.

Jean Valjean suggested that political action was pointless — due to all those damned women who vote:

No amount of “stoic logic” will make politicians see our point of view.

Politicians are in the business of getting re-elected rather than the business of good governance. So long as women are the majority there will only be tyranny of the majority.

Peter-Andrew:Nolan(c) — you knew we were getting to him, right? — expressed his profound disappointment that more Spearheaders weren’t willing to embrace a violent solution:

Gee you guys are whimps and tiptoe around the ‘use of force’ like freaking ballet dancers. Are you so scared to speak about this when it is CLEAR the guvment LOVES using force against you and lots of other people too?

And he made the argument personal, explicitly denouncing, by name, the judge he claimed had “criminally abused” him with his rulings:

Judge [name redacted’s] life is now in my hands. He lives by my consent and my consent alone. …

And, like Ball, he declared judges to be essentially treasonous:

These judges pretended to be your servants. They are evil, evil people who deserve the kind of treatment reserved for those who commit treason.

There is more to Nolan’s comment(s) than that, but to get into it would require going down the rabbit-hole into his particular brand of crackpottery, which seems to involve him setting up his own courts to try judges he doesn’t like. (I frankly don’t understand his belief system and don’t care to.)

Now, it should be noted that a few Spearheaders actually objected to Nolan’s violent talk. But the last I checked, the comment I just quoted had more upvotes than downvotes. W.F. Price took more flak for suggesting men wait a little longer before taking up arms than Nolan did for, well, you saw what he wrote. That tells you a lot about The Spearhead, I think.

EDIT: Added quote from Ferdinand Bardamu; removed similar quote from The Spearhead.

Ami Angelwings

I mean I just read back on the convo.. you showed up and said all sorts of things that had nothing to do w/ Thomas Ball, except that you dun think beating kids w/ nail boards is abuse xD then it turned into a discussion about cults, yoga, your weird not liking of me xD, and a weird “man up” battle w/ Pecunium about who’s lying about what and your past… then you started to talk about cults and yoga again xD

Kirby’s tried to get you back to what your point was in your original post.. so did I xD But you just truck on… o_o

If you want to start again I’m sure ppl would be more than happy to 🙂

kirbywarp
kirbywarp

@Crack:

25 minutes after your post… is quick? Really? And I even mentioned the “amateur” thing, you seem to have breezed right by it.

For someone so offended by lept conclusions, you certainly seem intent on doing it yourself.

Ami Angelwings

At the rate this is going, you guys are gonna get a petition soon from the trolls saying they won’t engage with ANY of you until you ban me xD

I’ve always been an effective Rodeo Cat, but I’ve never gotten them to bite as quickly as they do here xD

Hippodameia

“I’ve got other things I can do with my time, kids.”

So go do them, asshole.

Ami Angelwings

They always say that XD I’VE GOT BETTER THINGS TO DO! xD

then they respond 20 minutes later “FUCK I TOLD YOU TO STOP TALKING ABOUT ME!” xD

or NWO who showed up to yell at us right in between a long workday and early sleep for a flight.. then he took a nap, apparently woke up briefly to troll us again, then went back to sleep xD

This guy is starting to follow the same “can’t. stop. reading.” pattern xD

kirbywarp
kirbywarp

@Ami:

HE CAN STOP WHENEVER HE WANTS TO!!!!

He.. just doesn’t want to… right now… maybe later. After he’s gotten his fix…

@kirby

That’s a good list, but they left out the most important one:

11. Conspiracy nuts always hate other conspiracy nuts.

kirbywarp
kirbywarp

@speedlines:

Heh… too true. Actually, there’s one more that I can’t believe they left out. Conspiracy nuts love to call opponents uneducated, in the dark, blind, stupid, ignorant, etc. It reinforces their power through being “in the know,” and basically says “The world is this way. If you don’t agree, you’re stupid.” And of course that strangles any further debate.

The Crack Emcee

Hey, David, I see the mammoth! And thanks for your answer. I haven’t had a chance to scope out the site yet, but, I must say, if nothing else, I think you’re an excellent moderator. Your commentors are weird, but kudos to you for putting up with the little brats.

As far as my cultural references, I’m all over the place – Rock, Rap, Country, Techno, Jungle, you name it – I go wherever. Here’s what I usually do: http://soundcloud.com/user9659350

Check out the live stuff, on Page 2, to hear me “at work.”

kirbywarp
kirbywarp

“Your commentors are weird, but kudos to you for putting up with the little brats.”

-_-
:O *yawn*
=_=

Yeah… that’s it… I’ve had about enough of this guy. Good night everybody, and good luck.

Hippodameia

“And of course that strangles any further debate.”

Debate is the enemy! It implies that the conspiracy nuts could possibly be wrong about something, and conspiracy nuts are never ever ever wrong. So there.

It always amuses me that they think they’re being original when they pull this shit . . .

Ami Angelwings

Nope, not divide and conquer at all xDDDDD

Hippodameia

“Nope, not divide and conquer at all xDDDDD”

I think you’ve seen through his cunning plan.

The Crack Emcee

As for the rest of you:

kirbywarp,

Hooray, if we were in a cult, we wouldn’t advertise it.

No, dear, I said you guys are so clueless you wouldn’t even KNOW you were in a cult. Except for David, and Dan maybe, the rest of you don’t strike me as bright enough to understand much of anything.

Angelwings,

I think it’s amusing how he keeps saying how much he disregards me but I’m the one outside of Pecunium that he keeps giving all his attn to

I’ve got a girlfriend who has this habit of leaving her clothes places – you know, the clothes she’s wearing – and you remind me of her a lot: just about as ditzy as they come. A total girly-girl, which is cool, but – My Gawd! – you have to wonder about the American education system whenever she’s around. I’d introduce her to books, but it would just be a waste of time if there weren’t any pictures.

I’m ignoring your other comments because they strike me as delusional in light of the direction YOU GUYS have taken this thread.

Hippo,

It’s a rare thing, these days, for me to be called a “conspiracy theorist.” As I said, I get referenced by some of the biggest bloggers that exist – look at my blog’s endorsements – so either you guys are tripping unnecessarily, in an attempt to play “gotcha,” or I have something I can tell you that you’re being too juvenile to hear. Now which do you suppose it is, hmmm?

Hippodameia

“Now which do you suppose it is, hmmm?”

Why do you suppose I care, asshole? Haven’t you realized yet that you’re the entertainment here – and that I’m not talking about your music?

amandajane5
amandajane5

Still not a guy, and have no interest in your blog. Hmm, are you just here to try and promote your blog, or are you trying to have a conversation. Now which do you suppose it is, hmmmmm?

aMiRA
aMiRA

@Crack Emcee

I don’t know you, but from what I’ve read in this thread you’re a pretty stand up guy. Don’t let the spoiled princesses and their ignorant suitors on this site get to you. You tried to explain to them what sensitive snowflakes they are and you got nothing back but lies, doubts about your identity and insults about your mother, who, by the way, sounds like a wonderful and fair woman. Unfortunately, that kind of behavior is pretty much par for the course in this peanut plaza. None of these precious little women have ever truly known suffering, so, to them, a little blood and a split lip is the end of the world. You tried, and I applaud you for the effort.

The Crack Emcee

aMiRA,

Thanks. They are quite the crew. Paranoid, delusional, self-centered, arrogant – you name it – what are you doing here? You (and David, and Dan) might want to check out Ann Alhouse’s blog. It’s filled with a bunch of redneck hillbillies (or so we joke) but we know how to act.

The rest of these fools would get eaten for lunch.

Ami Angelwings

I’m amused how superficial he is (if this isn’t just a dodge to avoid answering my points xD Notice how he’s doing that to everybody “you guys are so stupid, so I’m not gonna respond!” when they’re all questions that would reveal too much about what he thinks xD ) XD OMG YOU TALK FUNNY UR JUST LIKE MY G/F! xD (at least I guess it’s a compliment that he’d date me xD unfortunately, I dun date conspiracy theorists xD )

But srsly, I still wonder.. okay.. what makes us all evil? (ditzy question, i know, hard for him to understand.. xD ) what evil things have we done? What’s the purpose of our cult? XD

And more to the point, what does he want to do about yoga? Ban it? Restrict it? Put little labels on Lululemon like on cigarette boxes? xD

Let’s see if he’s truly ignoring me xD

speedlines

Why am I not surprised that Mr. Crack has a preference for intellectually non-threatening women?

Hippodameia

“Thanks. They are quite the crew. Paranoid, delusional, self-centered, arrogant – you name it – what are you doing here?”

And the sad thing is he’ll never understand why this is funny.

Ami Angelwings

hee hee!

You know, if yoga truly does lead to cult membership, then half the population of California should be in cults by now.

Oh, that’s right, half of California *is* in cults. Because Jerry Brown. It’s a wonder the Christians got Prop 8 passed what with all these crazy new agey cults running around.

Hippodameia

“Yeah it is weird that he hates me and thinks I’m CRUEL xD But apparently he’d date me! x3”

I’m laughing so hard the dog is looking at me funny. XD XD

“Sill waiting to hear why the major cults that killed people don’t count as major cults that killed people.”

Because they’re . . . . fake cults? Not the real ones that only he knows about? I don’t think he’s using our Earth logic.

aMiRA
aMiRA

@Crack Emcee

I think that’s why these intellectual midgets hang out here, because they probably do get eaten alive, like you said, in every other forum or blog. It’s amazing the amount of back-patting and mutual admiration that goes on here between people who more than likely have never gotten past “Nancy Drew” books in their reading development.

Why am I here? Sometimes I wonder that myself. I originally came here to try to educate what I thought were just honestly ignorant people, and provide them with a different perspective than the one they’ve been brought up on and brainwashed by. But I’ve since realized just how useless this is. Now, I mostly stop by from time to time to try to get a dialogue with some of the new commenters who appear and seem to not have drunk the “Kool-Aid” and some of the men here who don’t seem to be just trying to get in the pants of the wanna-be reality show divas like Ami Angelwings.

speedlines

“And the sad thing is he’ll never understand why this is funny.”

It’s not sad at all. It is AWESOME.

“It is AWESOME.”

With Awesome Sauce and an Awesome Cherry on top.

*snicker*

*snicker*

hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe

aMiRA
aMiRA

@speedlines

Maybe your handle should be “speed whines”. Mocking something isn’t a response to it. Perhaps you’ll learn that when you finally grow up and graduate 8th grade. Of course simply practicing yoga doesn’t mean that you are in a cult. Just like simply being a vegetarian doesn’t make you a Buddhist. But by normalizing a useless practice in yoga, our society has opened the door and tilled the fertile soil of many naive individuals (such as the ones on this blog) for cults to plant their insidious seed. I don’t want to speak for Crack Emcee, but I believe that was the point he was making.

aMiRA
aMiRA

speedlines | June 27, 2011 at 10:53 pm
“And the sad thing is he’ll never understand why this is funny.”

It’s not sad at all. It is AWESOME.

Not childish at all. Can’t counter somebody’s point? Pretend they’re a joke and you’re laughing at them when there’s nothing to laugh at, at all. Clever. Did you think of this tactic all by yourself, or did you ask your daddy for help?

Snowy
Snowy

It’s also kind of hilarious that he actually responded all seriously to MRAmi

“aMiRA,

The rest of these fools would get eaten for lunch.”

I laughed out loud, for real.

amandajane5
amandajane5

My keyboard nearly got beaten down again. Fucking hilarious, this is!

The Crack Emcee

speedlines,

Again – you’re assumption (which you guys insist on making and apparently living by) is dumb. She’s my friend. I don’t have a “preference” for my friends, I accept them. Ann Althouse is also my friend. She’s a top-tier constitutional lawyer.

What does that say about me?

You didn’t look at the links I provided, did you? Check out the one where I said I can spot a cult a mile away.

Angelwings,

Another assumption. (How do you people get through the day without walking into traffic?) No, sweety, I would not date you. I would never date anyone with “magic cards.” You’re delusional, and that would be enough to knock you out of the running.

aMiRA,

Why am I here? Sometimes I wonder that myself.

Althouse. You’ve got to go to Ann’s: http://althouse.blogspot.com/

Good conversation. A nice mix of folks. Liberals, conservatives, men, women, gay, straight, intelligent and tiring – we’re all there.

She’s a feminist Democrat who voted for Obama (which we give her hell for) but, as a law professor, she throws out red meat for us to chew on. Very intellectually stimulating, and fun as hell.

Come on over, you’ll love it. None of the childish hothouse back-scratching that goes on here.

Bee
Bee

I’m still waiting for some kind of recognition that The Crack Emcee was wrong about the injuries sustained by Ball’s daughter. Hmmmmmmm.

He seemed really into concessions when other people were doing them. I guess it’s like me and neck rubs.

Ami Angelwings

Since you’re not ignoring me. How am I evil? How am I cruel? 😀 What dun you like about my Magic cards? xD

Have you ever played Dungeons and Dragons? :3

Yay, Crack is back!

Okay, since you’re not ignoring me at all, how about explaining why the major cults that killed people don’t count as major cults that killed people?

Snowy
Snowy

Or me and… dishes. I was going to say something else but god forbid I come off as a childish back-scratcher!

Hippodameia

“I thought he stopped reading nething I said xD This is NWO all over again XD “I’m ignoring you!” “no srsly, this time I am!” “no, now I am!” “okay now FOR REAL, I am!” xD”

Yeah, he’s definitely NOT ignoring you.

*snicker*

Thanks for the best laugh I’ve had in months. Night, all.

The Crack Emcee

No, Ladies, I am ignoring you. I’m done with you.

Goodbye.

P.S.

David – and Dan – you, too, should consider visiting Althouse. I think you two would enjoy it very much.

Thanks for your time, David. It’s been surreal.

Snowy
Snowy

Haha thank god!

darksidecat
darksidecat

Didn’t Crack Emcee go on and on about how he is from the city? Then what the fuck makes him think he has a right to use a term like redneck or hillbilly? And Althouse is from a city in Delaware with more people than are in my entire home county. Redneck and hillbilly are terms that are not appropriate for anyone who is not or did not grow up rural and poor (or rural and at least not upperclass) to use.

speedlines

I think I need a cigarette.

Plymouth
Plymouth

Prove you wrong? Dude, we can’t even agree on the definition of the word “hit”. What’s the point?

Ami Angelwings

He also said he was ignoring me xD AND that I’m a ditz XD which I guess I AM XD if a ditz means flighty and cute and frivolous xD if about other things…. welll…

everybody always just focuses on the smileys xD

Ami Angelwings

I ttly negged him btw! Or he negged me! :O

Cuz then I needed to prove my intelligence and awesomeness to him! :OOOO

But he also was saying I’m like girls he dates!

I’m SO CONFUSEDDD!!!! MY DITZY BRAINNNNNNNNN

xD

Nobby
Nobby

@Ami “everybody always just focuses on the smileys xD” It’s like camouflage! All the MRA’s don’t read your stuff because of them, and then we can all laugh at how awesome you are and they never get it :-p

Plymouth
Plymouth

Also, I know I do annoying things with language that bug people! Like last week my fiance was driving me to the airport:

Him: What airline?
Me: Mono-Theodore.
Him: *grrrr*
Me: Oh, come on, you know I mean United – I always call it that!

Bee
Bee

Oh MAN, speedlines, he really got your number. Heh heh, what kind of dumb bunny would make the assumption that when a guy refers to his girlfriend, he’s talking about his girlfriend? HOW COULD YOU MAKE SUCH A STUPID ASSUMPTION WHEN A GUY HAS BEEN SO CLEAR AND CAREFUL IN HIS WRITING?

Who is Dan?

Pecunium

Wow… It’s sort of like NWO…. Answer his questions and he says, “no… you didn’t do it right’, when the answers don’t agree with his worldview.

Then he asks how we can be so stupid (in comparison to his greatness… and his reflected glory.. after all Ann Althouse; that powerhouse of ConLaw… I wonder what Crack Emcee would say if he new Eugene Volokh changed his grading of a question on a ConLaw exam; related to Equal Protection, after I pointed out an aspect of the differences between men and women [and how the hypothetical was more problematic men]… probably say it was a fluke, or something).

The he says no one is willing to ask him direct questions… even when he’s been asked them (because those questions don’t apply, or something).

And then the flouncing. I have to admit he’s got the best flounce we’ve seen in awhile.

Typical that aMiRA would fall over sucking up to him.

But I doubt he has NWO’s staying power.

Plymouth
Plymouth

p.s. – I, for one, would like to speak up as being highly in favor of blow jobs. Cocksucking, it pretty much rocks. If I had to pick one form of sex to have for the rest of my life and I had to give up all other sex I would pick that.

Nobby
Nobby

@Plymouth “Ami – when I first came here some of your standard re-spellings kinda annoyed me because I found it hard to read because I wasn’t use to it. It took extra effort to figure out what you were saying. But I DID get used to it and it’s not hard anymore and now I just kinda hear it in my brain like an accent. ”

Agreed! And since we’re all so xenophobic and unable to hear anything different… Ami stuck around and has become a much loved commenter? Something wrong here…