antifeminism crackpottery evil women MGTOW misogyny MRA oppressed men the spearhead threats victimhood violence against men/women

Arms and the Men's Rights Movement

Democracy is not a First-Person Shooter

Good news, ladies and manginas: Apparently some MRAs don’t think it’s time to go out and start shooting people. At least not quite yet.

Some background: In recent days numerous MRAs have taken up the cause of a man named Thomas Ball – who burned himself to death outside a courthouse in Keane, New Hampshire in a protest against what he saw as unfair treatment in family court. Ferdinand Bardamu of In Male Fide has declared him “a martyr for the cause of men’s rights, a casualty of feminism’s stripping one half of the population of their humanity.”

Before killing himself, Ball wrote a long manifesto outlining his grievances and suggesting that the time had come for men “to start burning down police stations and courthouses,” describing  the inhabitants of such buildings as “[c]ollaborators who are no different than the Vichy of France or the Quislings of Norway during the Second World War … So burn them out. “ (He offered specific advice on how best to do this, including tips on how to select the proper bottles to use for Molotov cocktails.)

All this has inspired some in the MRA to start talking ominously about violence. On The Spearhead, W.F. Price has responded to this talk with a piece suggesting that the time isn’t quite right for the MRAs of the world to take up armed struggle. Not just yet, anyway. As he puts it:

It is never a good idea to pick up a gun and start shooting to address some vaguely defined injustice — that is savagery. Before the American Revolution, for example, patriots took pains to spell out a long list of grievances that justified rebellion. …

We have to make our own lists, air our grievances, and give the state the opportunity to redress them. … Before anyone resorts to the same methods the state uses against us, we must put every reasonable effort into working with the law and the political system we have. Because this effort is still in its infancy, any calls for armed resistance are entirely premature and counterproductive, and shouldn’t be taken seriously.

Obviously, the flip side of this argument for delay is a justification for killing people if these “grievances” aren’t dealt with in the way that those in the MRA would like. Price’s reference to the American Revolution is an interesting one, because of course the central issue of that struggle was, you know, taxation without representation. The colonists couldn’t vote out the king if they didn’t like his policies. In case anyone has forgotten: we actually do have the vote now, which was kind of the whole point in the first place.

Of course, many of Price’s readers are a bit more impatient than he is. In a comment that drew (last I checked) more than 40 upvotes and only two dissenting downvote, Taqman took issue with Price’s call to delay the armed struggle:

Tell that to men who are facing imminent imprisonment for failure to pay child support.

They don’t have the luxury of time and can’t wait a couple of decades for the manginas of the world to wake up and decide that a gentlemanly form of armed resistance is now acceptable.

The ironically named Firepower, meanwhile, took a little swipe at Ball’s own actions, but didn’t challenge his advice for the rest of the men of the world:

What IS crazy is having to point out that setting YOURSELF on fire is a ridiculous way to “win” anything.

Set your enemies on fire. To even have to remind this questions the long term chances of victory for such a pathetic lot.

Jean Valjean suggested that political action was pointless — due to all those damned women who vote:

No amount of “stoic logic” will make politicians see our point of view.

Politicians are in the business of getting re-elected rather than the business of good governance. So long as women are the majority there will only be tyranny of the majority.

Peter-Andrew:Nolan(c) — you knew we were getting to him, right? — expressed his profound disappointment that more Spearheaders weren’t willing to embrace a violent solution:

Gee you guys are whimps and tiptoe around the ‘use of force’ like freaking ballet dancers. Are you so scared to speak about this when it is CLEAR the guvment LOVES using force against you and lots of other people too?

And he made the argument personal, explicitly denouncing, by name, the judge he claimed had “criminally abused” him with his rulings:

Judge [name redacted’s] life is now in my hands. He lives by my consent and my consent alone. …

And, like Ball, he declared judges to be essentially treasonous:

These judges pretended to be your servants. They are evil, evil people who deserve the kind of treatment reserved for those who commit treason.

There is more to Nolan’s comment(s) than that, but to get into it would require going down the rabbit-hole into his particular brand of crackpottery, which seems to involve him setting up his own courts to try judges he doesn’t like. (I frankly don’t understand his belief system and don’t care to.)

Now, it should be noted that a few Spearheaders actually objected to Nolan’s violent talk. But the last I checked, the comment I just quoted had more upvotes than downvotes. W.F. Price took more flak for suggesting men wait a little longer before taking up arms than Nolan did for, well, you saw what he wrote. That tells you a lot about The Spearhead, I think.

EDIT: Added quote from Ferdinand Bardamu; removed similar quote from The Spearhead.

AndrewV

New Note 43

@denelian | June 27, 2011 at 12:15 am

“– then called me a racist because i wouldn’t sleep with him. then ran away when my boyfriend came up and offered to hold my coat for me while i kicked his ass”

BTW I thought that was funny. Just letting you know.
I am too old for the club thing myself, and I am really glad that part of my life is over.

Anyway I am off to bed. I certainly spent way more time here than I intended to.

MertvayaRuka
MertvayaRuka

“Everything else is secondary, and most of what a man does, he does to eventually get sex. Do not make the assumption that men are wired like women. We are not.”

AndrewV

@MertvayaRuka | June 27, 2011 at 2:42 am

“Oh for fuck’s sake, speak for yourself and don’t make the assumption (or the excuse) that “most” men are two-dimensional caricatures constantly thinking with their dicks. If your primary motivation in life is getting your cock wet, fine, good for you. But at least show some courage and own it, don’t make excuses or blame it on your “wiring” or try and claim the rest of us are just like you.”

LMAO. Go re-read what I wrote. I am not responsible for your issues. You are.

denelian

in what i think is the right order:

Pec – usually it involved either rubber bands or some sort of blunt force. or an iron [like you iron your clothing with] and i’m not gonna say more, because i’m a woman and some of that shit made *ME* cross my legs in horror/fear

Andrew – i’ve got Walsh’s site open, and will look it over. i’m not Christian.
also – the entire CLUB [or, at least, those observing] thought it was funny, too. actually, that’s the night that everyone found out that my boyfriend and i were actually together – we’re both fairly private people, we weren’t actively trying to keep it “secret”… we just weren’t advertising. i have to say – it’s pretty awesome to have a b/f who *knows* i can [or, at least *could*, pre-wheelchair-hell] take care of myself. the bouncer knew – i was their unofficial “girl bouncer” for taking care of women who did stupid shit. it should be noted, that i did work at the bar, which is why everyone found it so funny; everyone KNEW me and knew i liked brawls as good, wholesome fun. i’ve never started a fight, but never had problems jumping in 🙂

Plymouth – it’s a certain type of self-esteem issues that are just plain common – worried about our looks. we’ve been drilled since before birth that NO woman is *ever* really “pretty enough”. there’s more money tied up in selling crap to women to make us look “pretty” than anything else but OIL.
i think that’s why i’m mostly immune – my biggest fear, looks-wise, is that guys see i have… erm, “large tracts of land”, and assume i’m a bimbo. or worse. and that they only want for that, ah, “largesse”, it doesn’t matter WHO i am, how intelligent, what i like/don’t like/want out of life – i want a guy who wants me for ME, not my tits. so the specific tactics used by PUAs don’t really hit home with me, because i’ve always resented being forced into the box of “sexually attractive” and etc.
i envy you your good self esteem and the liking of yourself. you should try and teach it 🙂

and… it’s 5:30 and i have doc appt at 8, so i’m off… and THEN after the appt, and then PT, and then OT, i can sleep!!! so, so you guy later

David;

erm – blame me. i did ask him for PUA sites to look at. i never have.

Pecunium

denelian: With no offense taken, I prefer Pecunium. Rubber bands are the common method in small flocks, and what gets used on steers. I understand not wanting to talk about it. There aer severan subjects (e.g. torture) where I know things I would be just as happy if i’d never learned of them.

Bruce McGlory

So, IOW, MRAs are violent psychopaths, or wanna-be violent psychopaths.

I am jack’s complete lack of surprise. The Abuser’s Lobby shows its true colors. Again.

Bruce McGlory

Pecunium;
appologies! i’ll try to remember [i have a bad habit of shortening people’s handles, because i have a tendency to mispell – sorry about that!]

yeah… i can image what you know that you wish you didn’t 🙁 a graphic imaginations isn’t always a good thing.

as for Roissy – i’ve heard enough here and there [esp Pervocracy and Feministe] that i have ZERO interest in his website. i was hoping for some *neutral* sites – that explain what everything is [or is supposed to be] without either condeming or condoning it. ah, well – i can wade if i have to.

actually – if anyone DOES know of just such a “neutral” site, i’d be grateful 🙂

Bee
Bee

Denelian: I don’t know if you can find this kind of thing at the library or whatever, but The Game by Neil Strauss is kind of the classic. It’s still pretty offensive, but somehow being in print form I found it less annoying to read than Roissy and those guys.

Or you could just read a couple reviews of it online, on Amazon or whatever. (I’m trying to get you not to spend money on the damn thing, of course. Strauss doesn’t need it.) That ought to give you a basic idea of what it covers.

MertvayaRuka
MertvayaRuka

“LMAO. Go re-read what I wrote. I am not responsible for your issues. You are.”

I did read what you wrote. Where precisely did I misquote you when you made a broad, sweeping claim that most men are motivated to do what they do in life only out of the desire for sex? Or was that not you at June 26, 2011, 11:20 pm saying “As a man, I am sorry to tell you that most men want sex. Lots of sex. All the time. Everything else is secondary, and most of what a man does, he does to eventually get sex.”? If you’re not saying that men are primarily motivated by the pursuit of getting laid to the expense of all else, what exactly are you saying?

If you don’t like getting caught out making unsupportable blanket statements or being hypocritical (like, say, telling people not to make assumptions about other people right before you make assumptions about other people), maybe you shouldn’t do either. Also doesn’t help you much when someone makes a criticism of what you say and your only rebuttal is “ROFL you iz too dumb to understand me, read moar”. You weren’t unveiling some complicated philosophical concept, you were just reiterating the same “men are just walking hardons” shite a few hundred thousand people before you all ready covered. There’s no deeper meaning to what you said, no subtle message. And all you can come up with to defend it is “Dude, you’re obviously fucked up if you don’t understand”. Honestly, unless you can start talking about your severe physical deformities every other post or start trying to convince us that the Illuminati and their reptiloid servants are behind feminism, you’re just going to fade into the background here.

Bee;

i know the book you mean, i’ve heard of it, i’ve never seen.
Columbus metro library is the best [public] library in the country – if they don’t have it, no library will. and i PROMISE, i will NOT pay money for any book on “Game”. [unless it’s a D&D book. or other RPG. lol]

i go to sleep now…

AndrewV

@Bruce McGlory | June 27, 2011 at 10:18 am

“Speak for yourself. Some of us are actually adults who grew out of the Freudian genitalia obessions stage about age 5.”

I will concede that I did know a couple of guys who did not appear to be as obsessed about sex like the rest of us.

But they were notable as a distinct minority.

YMMV of course.

AndrewV

@Pecunium | June 27, 2011 at 9:53 am

“As to Roissy: He pathetic. At his best he’s just a scumbag. At his normal sort of thing he’s an asshole. At his worst… he’s an offense against morality.”

I see you know about him. Let me assure you he is a model of decorum, and civility compared to some of the others.

Andrew –

that’s… honestly, that’s a bit frightening.

AndrewV

@denelian | June 27, 2011 at 11:47 am

“actually – if anyone DOES know of just such a “neutral” site, i’d be grateful :)”

Susan is about as “neutral” as I am aware of. I like her a lot and recommend her frequently.

If it is a teenage girl I recommend two entries first:

How to Repel Asshole Game

Wear This Not That

I am afraid that, as broad minded as I like to think of myself, I definitely feel uncomfortable, if not downright queasy about discussing sex with a very young woman, never mind a teenager, unless it is in very general terms.

Sending them to Susan is my equivalent to saying “This is something you should discuss with your Mother”.

AndrewV

@David Futrelle | June 27, 2011 at 4:29 am

“Are you trolling or just a bit, er, confused about the purpose of this blog?”

I only recommended Roissy because he was the least objectionable PUA that I know of.

I was aware that this blog was a “Feminist friendly” place and I have been by a few times.

I still can not say confidently, that I know what the “purpose” of the Blog is other than what you stated starting with “Misogyny. I mock it.”

However,

Yesterday was notable for me. First, this is the first time I can recall reading the comments on this blog about a subject I am interested in.

Second, In between doing household chores, I pretty much spent the entire day here.

Third, I got the general impression, with a few notable exceptions, that you have a pretty reasonable happy community here, who know each other well and get on pretty well with each other.

That set the overall “tone”, and it was a relatively pleasant experience for me especially compared to some of the places I regularly go to.

I had a good day yesterday. Thanks to your crew.

And that is all I can really claim to know about this blog.

Andrew…

i’m NOT a teenager. i’m 34. i’m twice as old as i was when i got married.

just sayin’ XD

Andrew…

also – dude, you realize you just essentially described an online “Cheers”?! that’s sort of awesome…

i’m glad yesterday was a good day for you! and i hope you have many more 🙂

AndrewV

@denelian | June 27, 2011 at 2:48 pm

O_0 I did not get the impression you were a teen. I was just rambling a bit

Anyway, nice talking to you guys. I g2g now.

The Crack Emcee

Do you have a source for that claim?

Do I have a source for the claim “Yoga is involved in almost every major cult I’ve ever investigated, and almost every cult-related death”?

How do I source that? You can look it up yourself, though:

It’s pretty easy – and obvious.

theLaplaceDemon
theLaplaceDemon

It’s a technique prone to confirmation bias.

Ami Angelwings

or magic cards! xD

speedlines
speedlines

Order of the Solar Temple (1994 mass suicide in Switzerland) – no yoga mentioned

Branch Davidians (David Koresh faction) – no yoga mentioned.

Johnny Pez

Well, all your examples to the contrary simply prove Emcee’s point. I’m sure he’ll show up soon to explain why.

Markus
Markus

OT: The vapidity of Susan Walsh has already been covered by Pandagon, amongst others, http://pandagon.net/index.php/search/results/d27d147fd5126e812f734246a0312cc6/.

Bee
Bee

And of course, the newspaper article I linked to shows that The Crack Emcee was wrong to imply that I (and other posters) had made up the story about Ball hitting his four-year-old daughter multiple times (she said “a lot”; he said three) and bleeding as a result. He’s shown a great concern that people apologize for their misreadings of his words. It’s odd that there’s not been any sort of apology or clarification about his mistakes.

speedlines
speedlines

Just to be fair, I did a google search for “yoga cults” and this is what I found:

Raelians – may practice yoga
Unification Church (Moonies) – may practice yoga

There are also many, many different schools of yoga that have all been labeled “cults” at one time or another, probably by rival schools of yoga. But the two names that kept coming up were: Dahn Yoga and Shaja Yoga. These, according to multiple and credible sources, appear to be bona fide cults.

So yeah, that’s FOUR WHOLE CULTS out of thousands in the world, that practice yoga.

speedlines
speedlines

Furthermore, saying that studying yoga leads to cult membership is like saying taking vitamin supplements leads to Scientology.

Ami Angelwings

Why do I feel like it’s my magic cards that’s the reason he showed up to start screaming at us xD since apparently he doesn’t rly want to talk about nething other than cults… it seems like he wasn’t here to scream at feminists, he was screaming at us for doing new age stuff like magic cards and this meant we were trying to get ppl into a cult or something xD

amandajane5
amandajane5

@Ami re: magyc (still haven’t caught up on last night’s thread) but I wanted to have super powers of not seeing dirt/not vacuuming/not cleaning bathrooms, or something. I forget why we were talking about it, but that was the inspiration. And call me AJ on my card – it’s my superhero name! 😉

Nullifidian

Yes, truly if there’s one flaw of the present political system, it is that men are underrepresented.

The Crack Emcee

You guys are such amateurs. What I’m starting to find funny – yes, funny! – is how badly you want to prove me wrong. Where does that impulse come from? (Remember at the beginning of all this, when I told Pec I didn’t have to look him up? No impulse to “get him” while he went batshit crazy on me. I’m still trying to decide if you’re really an evil group or just weird. I know you do evil things, but that’s not enough for me: ignorance can make people do evil things,…)

You guys really don’t have it in you to ask a question, do you? Go back to my last post and look at the comments – not one person can say, “Crack, what do you mean?” or “Will you explain this?” – no, instead you offer your own, extremely limited, outlooks and decide you’re right (including Miss Ditzy Angelwings thinking her fucking cards brought me here – hilarious: Honey, thinking is NOT your strong suit, which, BTW, is why you have the cards,…) By now, I would’ve thought you could understand that just because there’s a group of you – almost a cult of sorts – you can’t win against me on my topics of expertise. And guess what?

If I wanted to know something on your topic of expertise, I’d ask!

There’s a song by the group Laibach, called F.I.A.T.. You can find it here:

These are the lyrics:

You are in black darkness and confusion. You have been hugger-muggered, and carom-shotted into a war, and you know nothing about it. You know nothing about the forces that caused it, or you know next to nothing. You ought not to be in this war. You cannot win this war.

That’s how I feel talking to you guys. I say “cult” and you guys run to every major name-brand outfit that’s ever made the news, when cultism has moved so far beyond that shit you practically wouldn’t recognize it. As a matter of fact, I know you wouldn’t. I’d even be willing to put money down that somebody reading this – a regular on this blog – is involved with a cult and doesn’t know it. (Miss Ditzy Angelwings is a prime candidate.) How do I know this? BECAUSE CULTS DON’T ADVERTISE THEMSELVES AS CULTS. Think about it:

You can’t get Tom Cruise to claim he’s in a cult – or Scientology to say it is one – and it’s known as “the world’s most dangerous cult.”

I, on the other hand, can spot a cult a mile away – look:

Check the dates, kids, I didn’t just mark that up real quick to prove a point. Do you think my black ass has endorsements from doctors, lawyers, psychologists, and others because I DON’T know what I’m talking about? Shit, Ann Coulter has a new book out called “Demonic” that I’m thinking of contacting her about, because she’s barely scratching the surface of cultism, groupthink, mob culture, etc. and talks about it like a rookie. (And, BTW, there’s both a book and a comic book coming out about me, so y’all will get it one way or another.)

Anyway, if you ask kindly, I’ll be glad to fill you guys in on anything you want to know – that’s my job. I actually came to tell you about today’s totally gullible news report – check it out:

Meditation cuts heart attack risk by half!!!!!

Believe that shit and you’ll believe anything,…

hellkell
hellkell

Dance, Educator Troll, dance!!!

Uh, thanks for stopping by, it’s been real.

Hippodameia
Hippodameia

“Uh, thanks for stopping by, it’s been real.”

Surreal, even.

hellkell
hellkell

“Surreal, even.”

Too true.

speedlines
speedlines

Dude. First you tell us to “Find a bunch of cults, or cult-related deaths, and see if they engaged in/endorsed yoga.”

And when we do exactly that, proving you wrong, you move the goalposts and say we only looked up the “major name-brand cults that made the news.” Well, yeah, when a bunch of people kill themselves all at once, it tends to make the news. A bunch of people quietly meditating in the forest=not news.

Then you say we “practically wouldn’t recognize” a real cult. So why’d you tell us to look them up? I believe you even said it would be “easy.” Yep, it was easy to find the major cults that killed people. Why don’t they count?

Go hunt witches, you’re a very boring troll.

The Crack Emcee

Hey, David – except for this thread, I still haven’t had a chance to check out your place. Before I do, I’d like to ask (!) what am I going to find?

Is this really a site against misogyny or are you one of those lame misandrists who calls any man putting his dick in a woman’s mouth a hater? (They like that kind of thing, y’know.)

The fact that you – a man – use that particular picture of a woman riding a cock doesn’t leave me with a lot of hope about what I’m going to find elsewhere,….what are you thinking?

kirbywarp
kirbywarp

@Crack:

Woo hoo. You’ve investigate cultism. Yay. And yet you spend most of your post insulting and lambasting posters, including insinuating that we are also in cults, while touting your own credentials in a “shut up I’m right” manner.

“BECAUSE CULTS DON’T ADVERTISE THEMSELVES AS CULTS.”

Hooray, if we were in a cult, we wouldn’t advertise it. So what, because we wouldn’t say we were in one if we were, that means we are? Logic… you fail at it. As for the meditation thing, the article made it very clear that reduction in stress was what was responsible for the results, not specifically the meditation. But meditation can be calming. Hooray for sensational news.

You still won’t admit the shit you’ve pulled over the course of this thread, leading Pecunium to “go after you.” You’re like a puppy who leaked on the carpet, then acts all surprised when you get called out for it. If you wanna talk about cults, fine, do it. But do it without the martyr complex. A bunch of people have listed famous cults that didn’t practice yoga, which you seem to dismiss by saying “oh, those are only the well-known cults! I know about all these secret ones, ha!” Unless a vast majority of them practices yoga, and you provide proof, you lose this point. And even if they do, you still haven’t proved that yoga causes or leads to cultish activity, only that its a tool that’s used by cults.

“You guys are such amateurs.”
“instead you offer your own, extremely limited, outlooks and decide you’re right”
“Honey, thinking is NOT your strong suit”
“cultism has moved so far beyond that shit you practically wouldn’t recognize it. As a matter of fact, I know you wouldn’t.”
“you can’t win against me on my topics of expertise.”
“I, on the other hand, can spot a cult a mile away”

Specifically points 1-4, and 7

hellkell
hellkell

Ohm that? That’s just the Alpha Cock Carousel. We all take turns riding it, dontcha know.

Ami Angelwings

XD We’re a cult xD

Also apparently “funny” is very similar to “angry” for him XDDD And I lurve his whole “she’s so ditzy so I dun have to answer a thing she says!” thing XD While at the same time, y’know obv being srsly upset about me XDD

And CLEARLY I dun thnk xD I alrdy asked him.. what makes me so ditzy? :3 Outside of the way I talk xD Oh right, the magic cards.. he’s not obsessed w/ them AT ALL XD

I think it’s amusing how he keeps saying how much he disregards me but I’m the one outside of Pecunium that he keeps giving all his attn to XD

Ah amusements xD

Also we’re EVIL!

How are we evil btw? 😮 Like you said I’m cruel… I want to know more! 😀 How are we evil? What evil things have we done?

What do you think we’re doing as a cult? What are our practices? Do you think we’re recruiting? And what do you think I’m using the cards I make for? 😀 Why am I making them? XD I’m so ditzy! I have no idea! You have to tell me! XDDDD

Hippodameia
Hippodameia

Definitely #7.

“7. Inability to withdraw. It’s a rare day indeed when a conspiracy theorist admits that a claim they have made has turned out to be without foundation, whether it be the overall claim itself or any of the evidence produced to support it. Moreover they have a liking (see 3. above) for the technique of avoiding discussion of their claims by “swamping” – piling on a whole lot more material rather than respond to the objections sceptics make to the previous lot.”

Ami Angelwings

Has he “won” yet btw? xD Is he gonna keep coming back to this thread day after day? XD

Does he rly think we’re a cult and his job is to shut us down? XD

HOW WILL THE PERSISTENT, PROACTIVE CRACK EMCEE PRY HIMSELF OUT OF THIS PERNICIOUS PICKLE!?

STAY TUNED NEXT TIME! SAME BOOBZ TIME SAME BOOBZ CHANNEL! XD

(I’m being ditzy again xD Apparently it’s the same thing as geeky xD Like how apparently “angry” is a lot like “funny” XD )

The Crack Emcee

Man, that was QUICK!!!!

I also said you’re a bunch of ignorant amateurs. Look, if you guys want to REMAIN ignorant, and scream “Troll! Troll! Troll! to make yourselves feel better, be my guest. But the thread is here to prove you’re liars:

I came to talk about Thomas Ball and mentioned some of my background, in one paragraph, that has caused YOU GUYS to carry this conversation into other areas – not me. YOU GUYS had to know everything about me. YOU GUYS want to debunk my every word. YOU GUYS are trolling your own thread, so, please, let’s not toy with each other about what’s been occurring here.

I said I would gladly talk with you, but if you’re going to insist on being irrational (which, since you hang out with Miss Ditzy Angelwings, doesn’t surprise me) I’ve got other things I can do with my time, kids.

And now I’m calling you “kids” because you do act like children,…

Ami Angelwings

If you want to talk about Thomas Ball maybe you should do that instead of calling ppl names and obsessing over yoga and magic cards xD

Kirby’s tried to talk to you about that… so have I xD You seem uninterested in talking about nething other than cults and how much you hate us and think we’re all evil xD

(and your weird obsession w/ me XD )